User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We WANTED to love the soccer team, but they made it impossible

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    IMHO ... Professional sports, any sport, is more about the fans than the participants. Without fans, none of the participants would be participating. None.

When the players put themselves above the fans, they are showing contempt for the very people to whom they own their existence. Clueless, self-centered idiots. Go ahead, take a knee, cuss and call us all idiots. There is a whole world of other sports heroes we can get behind, we don't need your sorry asses in our living rooms.

I worked for a big company. I had an important job. I did a great job. When I retired, my company continued to prosper and do well. There was a story I heard early in my career. One of the older engineers brought a bucket of water into the classroom. He said, if you think you are indispensable, stick your hand into the bucket. He stuck his hand into the bucket. Now, pull it out. He pulled out his hand, and showed us the bucket of water. No void or air pocket where his hand used to be. He calmly stated, you can be an important part of the company, but always remember, the company will replace you with another important person as soon as you leave, and will continue on as it always has. The message was clear, don't get too full of yourself.

Ms Rapinoe, and a few others, are too full of themselves.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 07-17-2019 at 12:07 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-17-2019),teeceetx (07-17-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]Just before halftime at Tuesday’s [/COLOR]2019 World Cup[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)] semifinal match between the USA and England, co-captain [/COLOR]Alex Morgan[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)] made waves by bringing the U.S. ahead 2-1 and breaking an early tie with her goal.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]"But Morgan’s best move wasn’t just burying the ball in the net. It was her celebratory gesture afterward: an exaggerated sip of tea that turned out to predict events to come."
    https://time.com/5619355/world-cup-a...n-celebration/https://time.com/5619355/world-cup-a...n-celebration/

I can see why the leftists at "Time" would see that as the "best move". Totally without class, decency, or a sense of responsibility is the left. I thought it was tacky. My mother would have thought it was tacky. My sister thinks it was tacky. Time magazine think it's the coolest move possible.

Can someone explain this quote Time chose to cite: "“My celebration was actually more ‘that’s the tea,’ which is telling a story, spreading news,” the U.S. forward later told the Associated Press."

That's the tea? Makes absolutely no sense.

But, with standard leftist excitement, Time continues with a celebration of trolling.

"Naturally, U.S. soccer fans couldn’t help but get excited over Morgan’s masterful trolling of the British team during the World Cup match."

Only nitwits get excited over "trolling".

But, the cherry on the Sunday was, "...And the icing on the (fruit) cake:...." Why the (fruit) cake? Is the writer a bit homophobic?

In closing, they weren't in "The World Cup." They were in "The Women's World Cup." Totally different world.
    Last edited by patrickt; 07-17-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    While the American media is building them up as something "glorious," the vast majority of the sports media in other countries consider them the perfect representation of the "American Stereotype" that Leftists are always complaining about: Crude, arrogant and piss poor winners...."
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-17-2019),dinosaur (07-17-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    I too believe LGBTXYZ's are all suffering from mental illness, and I will not support any of them. They all display an arrogance and narcissism that hints at their mental deficiencies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-17-2019)

50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Rapinoe ruined women's soccer for a lot of people.

Sad.
    I can't remember her name, but the lady who tore off her shirt to reveal her sports bra in 1999 could have saved women's soccer. Instead, we have Rapinoe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Piru For This Useful Post:

Jen (08-02-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    I can't remember her name, but the lady who tore off her shirt to reveal her sports bra in 1999 could have saved women's soccer. Instead, we have Rapinoe.

I heard that @HawkTheSlayer dated an American Indian for beads and trinkets one time. He was such a pioneer that she paid him for an all nighter ! She was a member of the Slap-a-Ho's . . .

50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    I heard that @HawkTheSlayer dated an American Indian for beads and trinkets one time. He was such a pioneer that she paid him for an all nighter ! She was a member of the Slap-a-Ho's . . .
    Hmmn

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    Hmmn

Geez

Thread Information