User Tag List

Thread: Death Threats, sexist jokes, PU Gov Rosello in deep voodoo

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks

Death Threats, sexist jokes, PU Gov Rosello in deep voodoo

Death threat, sexist jokes: Puerto Rico governor refuses to resign after text messages leak

Death threat, sexist jokes: Puerto Rico governor refuses to resign after text messages leak

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 4:01 pm on July 15, 2019

Ricardo Rosselló had his hands full with corruption scandals before this, but now he’s going to need serious juggling skills. The leak of messages from a group chat the Puerto Rico governor administrated exposed profane and offensive jokes between Rosselló and his allies, including a joke about assassinating one of his political opponents. Puerto Ricans are rallying in the streets demanding Rosselló’s resignation, but at least thus far Rosselló is remaining defiant:
    See Also: Ilhan Omar responds to Trump: It’s time for us to impeach you
    Recommended

• Ocasio-Cortez: I wonder why Pelosi's attacking "women of color"? Update: War
      So she huffed and she puffed and she blew the house down. LOLOLOLOL

The governor was the administrator of this chat room, where they discussed setting up a troll network to go after anyone seen as critical of this administration.
    The leaked chat room conversations among Rosselló and 11 others are laced with profane, homophobic and sexist comments, and in one case even a death threat against the mayor of San Juan, Carmen Yulín Cruz. The governor’s chief financial officer, Christian Sobrino, wrote, “I’m dying to shoot her up.” Rosselló replied, “You’d be doing me a big favor.” …
    Arnaldo Claudio was one of the people targeted in the group chat. He was appointed by the Justice Department five years ago to bring reform to Puerto Rico’s police department.
    “That is really scary in a democracy,” Claudio said. “This is not right at all, and it needs to be condemned. They cannot have people like this trying to coerce people or trying to use their level in government to harm people. It’s wrong.”
    Claudio’s not alone in that assessment. The situation in the streets is bad enough that Rosselló had to deploy police in riot gear to contain the protests. The first leaks were bad enough, but the damage grew rapidly as the full set of messages got published, showing Rosselló giving the middle finger to others … literally, in one case:
    Mr. Rosselló, 40, apologized on Thursday after an excerpt from the chat was first published by local media showing he had referred to Melissa Mark-Viverito, the former speaker of the New York City Council, who was born in Puerto Rico, using the Spanish word for “whore.” In English, he also used a profane expression in reference to the oversight board that controls Puerto Rico’s finances, followed by emojis of a raised middle finger. …
    But on Saturday morning, the Center for Investigative Journalism published the entirety of the leaked chat, which spanned from late 2018 to January and included Mr. Rosselló and 11 other men in his close political circle. The cache of messages showed that the governor and his current and former aides had also derided many others, including leaders of their New Progressive Party and the Puerto Rican celebrity Ricky Martin.
    Wait — Rosselló insulted Ricky Martin on Telegram? Never mind the joke death threat and the profane insults to his own party’s leadership. This alone makes Rosselló toast in Puerto Rico.
    All joking aside, Rosselló may have a very large legal headache on his hands. If he planned a campaign of intimidation against Claudio for his DoJ reforms, that is something that might seriously interest the FBI. Even without a criminal investigation, the impression that Rosselló was more concerned about setting up troll farms than dealing with recovery efforts after Hurricane Maria will put a stake through Rosselló’s political ambitions. At the moment, Rosselló’s own party has backed away from demands for his resignation, but that may only be a brief respite. They’re not going to want to carry Rosselló for very long.
    By the way, who thought it was a good idea for the governor to run a Telegram chat room in the first place? Did no one stop and think, “Maybe we shouldn’t be writing this down?” Does no one remember Richard Nixon’s Oval Office taping system, for Pete’s sake?
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-15-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-15-2019),JMWinPR (07-15-2019),Rutabaga (07-15-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Not surprised at all , he fits right in with the Democrat leaders we have here .

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-15-2019),Brat (07-15-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-15-2019),Rutabaga (07-15-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    how stupid these people are...

do they not realize EVERYTHING you tweet, type, post or call, is RECORDED.

you cannot delete, erase nor remove it completely from the web, its always on some server somewhere...

stupid progs...
    "The nose, knows"

@Auntifa,,,when the shooting starts, don't run, you'll only die tired...

#walkaway

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-15-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-15-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Is it time to cut Puerto Rico loose?

I am not in favor of statehood. I don't think they are capable of cleaning up their corruption. Maybe they qualify as a satellite Illinois county?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-15-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-15-2019),Rutabaga (07-15-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    A Territory Police Dept car was destroyed as well as some businesses and Territory Gov buildings. San Juan Gov buildings were not hit. Seems as if Alcalde Yulin took a page from Balt Mayor Blake. A.A.R. we got us sum Riotin Ricans as opposed to the usual Loco Ricans. Rumors have it, truck drivers are going to grid lock the island in the next day or so. People are gassing up and picking up stuff to weather 48-72 hrs, date to be determined.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Puerto Rico’s Governor makes President Trump look like a piker

Nearly 900 pages of supposedly secret messages by Governor Rosselló to his aides go far beyond anything the president has said about The Squad.
    The chat, which came to light earlier this week, showed that the governor called former New York City Council speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito the Spanish word for "whore," and in English told the oversight board to "go f--- yourself" followed by a string of emojis with the middle finger raised.
    People are demanding that he resign but he says he isn’t going anywhere.
    The leak of at least 889 pages of the private chats has sunk Rosselló into the deepest crisis of his career, nearly two years after Hurricane María exposed Puerto Rico’s collapsing long-neglected infrastructure and leaving several thousand dead on Rosselló’s watch. Last week, two of his top former officials were arrested by the FBI on corruption charges.
    'Chatgate' scandal throws Puerto Rico's governor into crisis @ https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...governor-into/
    In the chats on the encrypted messaging app Telegram, Rosselló calls one New York female politician of Puerto Rican background a “whore,” describes another as a “daughter of a bitch” and makes fun of an obese man he posed with in a photo. The chat also contains vulgar references to Puerto Rican star Ricky Martin’s homosexuality and a series of emojis of a raised middle finger directed at a federal control board overseeing the island’s finances.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    Trump is NOT a racist. He does scald the left's political correctness ideology. THIS IS AMERICA. WE GET to speak our minds and LEFT. if you don't like it. TOUGH KIBBLE.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    After insisting that he is NOT leaving in the face of YUGE citizen protests.

he gone.

Thread Information