User Tag List

Thread: We Import Idiots, Too

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (07-14-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Im for "exporting"

Oh gosh if "America" was Piss Broke 3rd World lord help us all..

Despite the "Sugar" High going on Wall-Street

We "remain" currently 22 TRILLION in DEBT..

Under Trump we are on the "precipice" of TRILLION "defecit" just in general Budget

Miss that good old OBAMA "GOP" that Cried BLOODY MURDER about DEBT and Defecits..

SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    I know lets "KILL" the Dollar and produce "Hyper-Inflation"..

Why our be the "cheapest" anywhere

Sorry I dont "buy" that..

Infact a "Stronger" Dollar should be our "Policy"..

One thingy that always "perplexed" me is Fed Reserve "policy" is INFLATION and that "supposedly" GOOD somehow..

Okay lets say a dozen eggs is 99cents on sale..

Basically the Federal Reserve feels we should be paying $1.50 even $2 dollars for that same 99cents dozen on cuopon

Gas is pushing "North" of $3 dollars per Gallon again..

Fed Reserve doesnt mind us paying $4 or $5 bucks per gallon and to them thats "progress"

Somehow Inflation means HEALTHY ECONOMY rather WALL STREET..

For the "rest" of US why Prices just SHOOT UP and real "Wages" actually Go "Down"

Im sorry @Northern Rivers say ya got a dollar in your pocket today.

Wouldnt ya like the "re-assurance" that that dollar will buy ya something 2morrow..

I dunno though the whole entire world is based upon FIAT "paper" money now..

Its a race 2 the bottom "globally"

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Im for "exporting"

Oh gosh if "America" was Piss Broke 3rd World lord help us all..

Despite the "Sugar" High going on Wall-Street

We "remain" currently 22 TRILLION in DEBT..

Under Trump we are on the "precipice" of TRILLION "defecit" just in general Budget

Miss that good old OBAMA "GOP" that Cried BLOODY MURDER about DEBT and Defecits..
    Hey Karl - here's a brain teaser.

Who do we owe the money to?

You may say China, or Japan, or even England - but look here - here is a list of every country's national debt. What do you see here?

List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia

Look in the numbers column, there is not a single negative number in the entire column.

So, countries don't "owe each other money", that's not how it works. Because if it did, we could just cancel each other's debt and start over.

So... who do we owe the money to?

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks

One thingy that always "perplexed" me is Fed Reserve "policy" is INFLATION and that "supposedly" GOOD somehow..

Basically the Federal Reserve feels we should be paying $1.50 even $2 dollars for that same 99cents dozen on cuopon

Fed Reserve doesnt mind us paying $4 or $5 bucks per gallon and to them thats "progress"

For the "rest" of US why Prices just SHOOT UP and real "Wages" actually Go "Down"

Wouldnt ya like the "re-assurance" that that dollar will buy ya something 2morrow..

Debt makes the world go 'round:

https://www.earth-matters.nl/11/1394...ld-family.html
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Holy cow! This thread went off the rails in a hurry!

In keeping with that spirit, how about this story about a stupid guy in Oregon that tried to attack a Homeland Security detention center? (Well, it was at the bottom of the linked page and story, at least.)

https://7news.com.au/news/bushfires/...ttack-c-245056

Why do I have to view Aussie news to here this? Doesn't fit the MSM narrative? Crazy liberal loony guy with protest record and previous violence against police?

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class

Thanks

Well, if we want to talk about rocket science -

Inflation policy has to do with the money supply. Monetary Theory says the money supply should exactly match the volume of transactions that require it. So for example, if you're getting a billion dollars a day worth of economic transactions within your country, then there should be a billion dollars in currency available, to cover those transactions. Whether the currency is real or virtual, is irrelevant - the point is that all currency is generated from debt.

The Fed charges our government interest, at a rate which is supposed to roughly match the increase in volume of economic transactions from one year to the next. As our economy grows, so should the money supply, therefore a small amount of inflation is a good thing. Usually these days 2% is considered "good", it's kind of a "slow but steady" concept.

The problem with this scenario, is the federal government claims it is no longer capable of measuring the money supply. Therefore it relies upon the banks which are supposedly closer to the daily mathematics, and the dollars are sold at auction, and the banks buy them for whatever they think they're worth.

You can look at who has seats at the FED auctions, they're all of the largest banks in the world. Deutsche Bank, Sumitomo, etc etc - all "private" banks except in the sense that most of them are publicly owned these days.

And, the FED is publicly owned too - to the extent that its member banks are publicly owned.

Remember though, that a bank can loan out 10 times the amount it has on deposit. If it can put a billion of its deposits into T bonds then it can loan out 10 billion more.

A bank doesn't make any money on T bonds, because by definition they exactly keep up with the rate of inflation, or that's the theory anyway, and if things are well-managed it's mostly true. Where the bank makes its money is on the loans, because they're basically getting 90% of free money, which they can then loan out and make money off of.

The only problem for debt holders like the US government, is that Debt Service payments have to be made in cash. Once those cannot be made, the country defaults to its creditors, which in this case are the large Banks, either here or overseas. And when a country defaults the situation is too big for any One Bank, so it hands off to the World Bank and the international monetary fund and so on - we get "restructured", is what happens. No one is going to call our loan, that doesn't happen at the level of countries.

What's more likely is some jackass like George Soros will start trading currency swaps against the failing economy, and take the rest of the world down with it..

Thread Information