User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2 of 4 intruders dead, homeowner injured in home invasion Two other men were detained

  1. #1
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Big Dummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,853
    Thanks
    45,342
    Thanked: 28,628
    Rep Power
    21474860

    2 of 4 intruders dead, homeowner injured in home invasion Two other men were detained



    By Austin L. Miller
    SUMMERFIELD — Marion County sheriff’s officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night.

    Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according got the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

    Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday morning.

    Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm.

    Deputies got the call at 8:21 p.m. and went to the home at 14999 SE 32nd Court Road in response to a report of shots fired..


    Sgt. Micah Moore found Doyle with a gunshot wound and a shotgun next to him on the ground. Deputies entered the home and found Jackson dead on the dining room floor. Detectives said he was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head, gloves on both hands, jeans and a black shirt.

    Near Jackson’s head was a semi-automatic pistol, detectives said.

    Continuing into the home, deputies found the 61-year-old homeowner in a bedroom.

    He had an AR-15 rifle on his legs and was bleeding from a gunshot wound to the stomach, according to sheriff’s officials.


    The rest of the article may be viewed here: Ocala.com
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it. — THOMAS JEFFERSON (1791)

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

    Brat (07-13-2019),Rickity Plumber (07-13-2019),Rutabaga (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  3. #2
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 53.0%

    teeceetx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    19,342
    Thanks
    24,943
    Thanked: 24,959
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Well I guess 50% ain't that bad! Also, this is kinda dispelling the myth that the AR-15 is not good home defense weapon! Seems like it's pretty damned deadly, unlike some handguns.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),jirqoadai (07-13-2019),MedicineBow (07-13-2019),MisterVeritis (07-13-2019),Rickity Plumber (07-13-2019),Rutabaga (07-13-2019)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked: 1,021
    Rep Power
    3481500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post

    By Austin L. Miller
    SUMMERFIELD — Marion County sheriff’s officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night.

    Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according got the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

    Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday morning.

    Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm.

    Deputies got the call at 8:21 p.m. and went to the home at 14999 SE 32nd Court Road in response to a report of shots fired..


    Sgt. Micah Moore found Doyle with a gunshot wound and a shotgun next to him on the ground. Deputies entered the home and found Jackson dead on the dining room floor. Detectives said he was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head, gloves on both hands, jeans and a black shirt.

    Near Jackson’s head was a semi-automatic pistol, detectives said.

    Continuing into the home, deputies found the 61-year-old homeowner in a bedroom.

    He had an AR-15 rifle on his legs and was bleeding from a gunshot wound to the stomach, according to sheriff’s officials.


    The rest of the article may be viewed here: Ocala.com
    I studied the Google map and satellite view of his area. He had distance from neighbors plus a lot of trees in his area.

    The small caliber ammo does less damage to other structures or humans as it is contained by trees and property. In other words, had he used a .50 cal machine gun, a lot worse damage would have happened.

    So the AR-15 saved his life and took the lives of the punks who came armed to hurt him.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

    Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),MisterVeritis (07-13-2019),Rickity Plumber (07-13-2019),Rutabaga (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  7. #4
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Well Bonded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked: 271
    Rep Power
    1717995
    I pray the homeowner has a full recovery and the other two get the needle.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Well Bonded For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),MisterVeritis (07-13-2019),Rutabaga (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  9. #5
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 34.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    35,986
    Thanks
    79,227
    Thanked: 46,665
    Rep Power
    21474878
    good shoot.
    "The nose, knows"

    @Auntifa,,,when the shooting starts, don't run, you'll only die tired...

    #walkaway

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  11. #6
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    MisterVeritis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9,159
    Thanks
    10,541
    Thanked: 4,357
    Rep Power
    21020046
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    Well I guess 50% ain't that bad! Also, this is kinda dispelling the myth that the AR-15 is not good home defense weapon! Seems like it's pretty damned deadly, unlike some handguns.
    An AR-15 platform is my preferred home defense weapon.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  13. #7
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    MisterVeritis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9,159
    Thanks
    10,541
    Thanked: 4,357
    Rep Power
    21020046
    Kill the other two.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  15. #8
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    MedicineBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    3,631
    Thanks
    4,470
    Thanked: 5,424
    Rep Power
    19152619
    More reasons why magazine limits are a farce. A 5 or 6 shot revolver in this case may have cost the man his life. The government doesn't have any justification telling us what we 'need'. I hope the homeowner has a complete recovery.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MedicineBow For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  17. #9
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Big Dummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,853
    Thanks
    45,342
    Thanked: 28,628
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Perps and dead guys photos added.

    55403294-0CA9-4794-94EB-3D8BC3074F1C.png
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it. — THOMAS JEFFERSON (1791)

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

    MedicineBow (07-13-2019),Rutabaga (07-14-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

  19. #10
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    MedicineBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    3,631
    Thanks
    4,470
    Thanked: 5,424
    Rep Power
    19152619
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Perps and dead guys photos added.

    55403294-0CA9-4794-94EB-3D8BC3074F1C.png
    They were probably on their way home from bible study and went to the wrong home by mistake.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MedicineBow For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (07-13-2019),Rutabaga (07-14-2019),teeceetx (07-13-2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •