User Tag List

Thread: A different take on the ice cream licker

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks

A different take on the ice cream licker

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2019/...with-3-deaths/

So it turns out they're more worried about Blue Bell themselves and issues at thier manufacturing plants than anything people are doing in the stores to it, the girl is slated to be charged as a juvenile so she'll get a slap on the ass and like it, especially when our media make a herroine out of her "It was just done on a dare, I never expected, as a woman of color, to be facing 20 years over it, boo hoo and sniffle".

They DO acknowledge people with Hep and AIDS should get stiffer charges if caught licking ice cream

Bill Marler is a food safety attorney. While some are shocked food tampering carries a possible 20-year sentence, Marler says its because it can be a serious problem.
    I think you have to use some prosecutorial decision making, he said. For example, if the person who was licking the ice cream knew that they had Hepatitis A or HIV or some disease and was doing it, I think that rises to a higher level of culpability that some teenagers doing some crazy things.
    but Blue Bell killed 3 people with Listeria in the last few years and listed a smorgasbord of infractions at thier plants:

(At Broken Arrow OK)Observation #1: Failure to manufacture and package foods under conditions and controls necessary to minimize the potential for growth of microorganisms and contamination.Observation #2: Failure to perform microbial testing where necessary to identify sanitation failures and possible food contamination.
    Observation #3: The procedure used for cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and utensils has not been shown to provide adequate cleaning and sanitizing treatment.
    Observation #4: Failure to provide running water at a suitable temperature for cleaning equipment, utensils and food-packaging materials.
    Observation #5: The plant is not constructed in such a manner as to prevent drip and condensate from contaminating food, food-contact surfaces, and food-packaging materials.
    Observation #6: Employees did not wash and sanitize hands thoroughly in an adequate hand-washing facility after each absence from the work station and at any time their hands may have become soiled or contaminated.
    Observation #7: Failure to store cleaned and sanitized portable equipment in a location and manner which protects food-contact surfaces from contamination.
    Observation #8: All reasonable precaution were not taken to ensure that production procedures do not contribute contamination from any source.
    Observation #9: The design of equipment does not allow proper cleaning and maintenance.
    Observation #10: Failure to hold foods which can support the rapid growth of undesirable microorganisms at a temperature that prevents the food from becoming adulterated.
    Observation #11: Failure to have smoothly bonded or well-maintained seams on food contact surfaces, to minimize accumulation of food particles and organic matter and the opportunity for growth of microorganisms.
    Observation #12: Failure to take apart equipment as necessary to ensure thorough cleaning.
    Brenham, TX
    Observation #1: Failure to manufacture foods under conditions and controls necessary to minimize the potential for growth of microorganisms.
    Observation #2: The procedure used for cleaning and sanitizing of equipment has not been shown to provide adequate cleaning and sanitizing treatment.
    Observation #3: The plant is not constructed in such a manner as to prevent condensate from contaminating food and food-contact surfaces.
    Observation #4: Failure to clean food-contact surfaces as frequently as necessary to protect against contamination of food.
    Observation #5: Failure to wear beard covers in an effective manner.
    Observation #6: Failure to maintain buildings in repair sufficient to prevent food from becoming contaminated.
    Sylacauga, AL
    Observation #1: Failure to perform microbial testing where necessary to identify possible food contamination.
    Observation #2: Suitable outer garments are not worn that protect against contamination of food and food contact surfaces.
    Observation #3: Failure to maintain food contact surfaces to protect food from contamination by any source, including unlawful indirect food additives.
    Observation #4: The design and materials of equipment and utensils does not allow proper cleaning.
    Observation #5: All reasonable precautions are not taken to ensure that production procedures do not contribute contamination from any source.
    Observation #6: Employees did not wash and sanitize hands thoroughly in an adequate hand-washing facility at any time their hands may have become soiled or contaminated.
    Observation #7: The plaint is not constructed in such a manner as to prevent condensate from contaminating food-contact surfaces.
    Observation #8: Non-food-contact equipment in manufacturing areas is not constructed so that it can be kept in a clean condition.
    I don't think I'm eating Blue Bell ice cream anytime soon one way or the other. I'm not happy food safety news is downplaying these "pranks by teens".

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-11-2019),Kris P Bacon (07-11-2019),Lone Gunman (07-11-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Wouldn't it be funny if one of the "lickers" became infected with Listeria from licking ice cream?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-11-2019),Frankenvoter (07-11-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2019),Lone Gunman (07-11-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    so we're making it okay to expect these jackasses to contaminate foods in the stores and it's just.....the chance we take?

Throw the book at her...and at anybody that does this. Remember the Tylenol poisonings years ago?? THIS is NOT acceptable.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-11-2019),Frankenvoter (07-11-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2019),Lone Gunman (07-11-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    The Louisiana ass said it was just a copycat stunt and that he actually bought the tub of ice cream he licked. Well if he got him a licking video, i believe I would cover my ass with a Check out video , too.

Something tells me these people ain't too bright, or lying.
    Last edited by HawkTheSlayer; 07-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (07-11-2019),Big Dummy (07-11-2019),Frankenvoter (07-11-2019),Lone Gunman (07-11-2019)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    so we're making it okay to expect these jackasses to contaminate foods in the stores and it's just.....the chance we take?

Throw the book at her...and at anybody that does this. Remember the Tylenol poisonings years ago?? THIS is NOT acceptable.
    look at all the packaging changes THAT caused.

have to wonder if this sort of behavior will do the same with foodstuffs.

the consumer will bear the cost, in any case.
    Μολών λαβέ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (07-12-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    look at all the packaging changes THAT caused.

have to wonder if this sort of behavior will do the same with foodstuffs.

the consumer will bear the cost, in any case.
    Can't get it open to save your life! By the time you get it open, your headache has morphed into a raging, throbbing migraine.....or, you no longer need the anti nausea med, because you've already thrown up your guts.
    ...you can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me.......GUNS 'N ROSES

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbey1 For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (07-12-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2019)

Thread Information