User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you trust Science media?

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    I do not believe in deities, and, I believe science media is agenda driven, with layers of corruption at many levels.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    That theory is currently being carefully examined by thousands upon thousands of the top scientists in the world.

"We know a lot more now, than we did then".

For example, one of my colleagues is currently down in sub-Saharan Africa, examining the genetics of fossils, looking specifically for brain wiring related to psychopathy. It's "very specific" research, at this point. You can tell a whole lot when you scrape a little bit of DNA off of a fossil. There's another team looking specifically for the history of rs25531.
    The find of a quarter to half million year old (Time when Neanderthal/Denisovan existed) "Modern Human" skeleton in Greece
    rs25531 RefSNP Report - dbSNP - NCBI

(If you click where it says scl6a4 you'll see what it's about).

I think we've already advanced a bit beyond the out-of-africa stage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

darroll (07-13-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    The Amazing Randi and his posse of professional doubters would have Science be their new God, and scientists their new Priesthood, but the new is every bit as flawed as the old:
    http://amasci.com/weird/wclose.html
    Errors and "science myths" in K-6 Science Textbooks
    BAD PHYSICS: Misconceptions spread by K-6 Grade School Textbooks
    http://amasci.com/weird/vindac.html

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    I don't trust the media any more than I trust religion. They're both in the business of selling lies to gullible people. Beyond the media, science has been corrupted by the government.

And, Christians insist on posting religious topics in any forum but Religion. This nonsense could have gone in the Religion forum or the Media forum. It really has nothing to do with science.

Thanks
    The Kennewick Man Controversy shows how slanted the Science Community could get

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinhatter View Post
    The Amazing Randi and his posse of professional doubters would have Science be their new God, and scientists their new Priesthood, but the new is every bit as flawed as the old:
    http://amasci.com/weird/wclose.html
    Errors and "science myths" in K-6 Science Textbooks
    BAD PHYSICS: Misconceptions spread by K-6 Grade School Textbooks
    http://amasci.com/weird/vindac.html
    I'm certainly glad you have your tinfoil hat on. James Randi wasn't a doubter. He was a skeptic. He would deal with "science" today just like he dealt with Uri Geller 45 years ago.

A skeptic can't be tolerated by those who believe nonsense. Hence, the believers believe that third-hand smoke causes cancer angels and demons exist. The fraud in science today challenges the fraud in religion.
    Last edited by patrickt; 07-13-2019 at 11:21 AM.

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    Not until they acknowledge that the "Out of Africa Theory" has holes
    A Big Yes

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    It's like global warming, any of the science folks doubt it. They sign up for unemployment.

I would of made a great janitor in today's BS labour market that are helping our leaders tax us to death and love it for saving the earth.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darroll View Post
    A Big Yes
    So in other words, you're just as bad as the science media.

You have a preconceived notion of what kind of RESULTS you want to see from science, what kind of outcomes are acceptable.

And that is not science my friend. It's either religion or politics, but it ain't science.

Don't try to introduce your religious beliefs into a scientific discussion, I'll expose your fraud in microseconds, and probably tear you a new one in the process too.

I do not like people trying to pass off their personal beliefs as science.

If you want to be a scientist, go start digging up some fossils, but don't sit in an armchair quoting from a book cuz that ain't going to cut it. Science is the process, not the result. Once you have a result, you're mostly in the domain of engineering. So far the Higgs boson exists but there's no evidence for extra spatial dimensions - that's science. Saying "God created the universe", that's not science. It's either a tautology or a fairytale, depending on how you look at it, but it ain't science.
    Last edited by nonsqtr; 07-14-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    So in other words, you're just as bad as the science media.

You have a preconceived notion of what kind of RESULTS you want to see from science, what kind of outcomes are acceptable.

And that is not science my friend. It's either religion or politics, but it ain't science.

Don't try to introduce your religious beliefs into a scientific discussion, I'll expose your fraud in microseconds, and probably tear you a new one in the process too.

I do not like people trying to pass off their personal beliefs as science.

If you want to be a scientist, go start digging up some fossils, but don't sit in an armchair quoting from a book cuz that ain't going to cut it. Science is the process, not the result. Once you have a result, you're mostly in the domain of engineering. So far the Higgs boson exists but there's no evidence for extra spatial dimensions - that's science. Saying "God created the universe", that's not science. It's either a tautology or a fairytale, depending on how you look at it, but it ain't science.
    "So in other words" sounds like something Giorgio Tsoukalos would say ...
    Last edited by Gator Monroe; 07-14-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Thread Information