Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI Investigates LA "Banditos" Sheriff Deputies

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

FBI Investigates LA "Banditos" Sheriff Deputies

FBI investigating tattooed deputy gangs in Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department

The FBI is investigating a secret society of tattooed deputies in East Los Angeles as well as similar gang-like groups elsewhere within the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, multiple people familiar with the inquiry said.

The federal probe follows allegations of beatings and harassment by members of the Banditos, a group of deputies assigned to the Sheriff’s East L.A. station who brand themselves with matching tattoos of a skeleton outfitted in a sombrero, bandolier and pistol. The clique’s members are accused by other deputies of using gang-like tactics to recruit young Latino deputies into their fold and retaliating against those who rebuff them.

In interviews with several deputies, FBI agents have asked about the inner workings of the Banditos and the group’s hierarchy, according to three people with close knowledge of the matter who spoke to The Times on the condition their names not be used because the investigation is ongoing.

In particular, the sources said, agents have been trying to determine whether leaders of the Banditos require or encourage aspiring members to commit criminal acts, such as planting evidence or writing false incident reports, to secure membership in the group.

The agents also have inquired about other groups known to exist in the department, which has nearly 10,000 deputies and polices large swaths of the sprawling county. They have asked for information about the tattoos and practices of the Spartans and Regulators in the department’s Century Station, and the Reapers, who operate out of a station in South Los Angeles, according to the sources.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva said he could not comment when asked about the FBI probe Wednesday. An FBI spokeswoman also declined to provide any information.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...711-story.html

Gee I wonder if any of this involves the constant push for "Diversity" and minority representation in the Department? I have heard the Military has a similar "Gang" infestation problem with lowered standards part of that picture.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-11-2019),Brat (07-11-2019),darroll (07-12-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2019),Kris P Bacon (07-11-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    That should be "Bandidos".
    Author of OP be dissing "the nation".
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-11-2019),darroll (07-12-2019),RMNIXON (07-11-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-11-2019),darroll (07-12-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    That should be "Bandidos".
    Author of OP be dissing "the nation".

To be fair I thought it was spelled your way until I read the LA times article that also featured this photo:

Perhaps they are named after LA based Banditos Tacos?

- Ronald Reagan

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-11-2019),darroll (07-12-2019),HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2019)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Must be the "real banditos"!

Look for tattoos of corn cheeps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-11-2019)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    It was suspected that cops were pulling jewelry store heists. Kidnapping the wife at their home and making the store owner drive to the shop and clean out the safes at home and shop while the wife was held at gun point. Other ops that were too tactical, well planned and executed with no chance of uniformed officers catching them, to be done by freelance gangs.

The rampart division history is the history of all departments, just they got caught.

You can bet it was one of these cop gangs that killed Big E Smalls.
    If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Brat (07-11-2019),darroll (07-12-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    It was suspected that cops were pulling jewelry store heists. Kidnapping the wife at their home and making the store owner drive to the shop and clean out the safes at home and shop while the wife was held at gun point. Other ops that were too tactical, well planned and executed with no chance of uniformed officers catching them, to be done by freelance gangs.

The rampart division history is the history of all departments, just they got caught.

You can bet it was one of these cop gangs that killed Big E Smalls.
    I get it. You want to get hired by CNN.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Everybody gotta get a cut..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-11-2019)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I get it. You want to get hired by CNN.
    I get you. You will lie for your fellow officers that break the law. You got no room to criticize anyone on police gangs and corruption.
    If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

someguy (07-12-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    The last time I saw LA was maybe 22 years ago. This is some help I didn't need to convince me to stay away from all of Queerlyfornia forever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to someguy For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-12-2019)

Thread Information