User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domestic Violence

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Domestic Violence

The silly family fight in Toontown--what an appropriate place--became a major issue because the video went viral. I've looked at the video more than twice and it was a silly family fight. The video was amazing. The woman in the red panties was huge. I never imagined they made red panties that big. None of them could fight for beans and the guy in the red shirt took cheap shots at just about everyone in the family.

But then, the big news:
    "The Orange County District Attorney's Office confirmed that they are reviewing the case after police presented it to them on Tuesday, the Los Angeles Times reported.
    “Police believe there is the possibility of felony conduct,” spokesperson Kimberly Edds said."
    https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disne...ecutors-police

A felony? Prison time for a public family fight? I realize some want everything to be a felony but this is getting ridiculous.

While I'm ranting,
    "It was not immediately clear what charges were recommended to prosecutors but in a tweet about the brawl, the Anaheim Police Department urged victims of domestic violence to seek assistance."

I would encourage you to take advantage of the internet and check the definition of "domestic violence". It's not just physical.

" It takes a number of forms, including physical, verbal, emotional, economic, religious, reproductive, and sexual abuse...."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence

And, be warned, Domestic Violence can be blatant or very subtle. So subtle it can only be seen by women's advocates. It's not unlike the racists dog whistles, that only racists hear, and code words, which only racists can decode.

It's all about control. But, only about a man controlling a woman. Women controlling the men is simply how it should be...according to the Domestic Violence industry.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (07-11-2019),Rutabaga (07-11-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    I always thought it was a give and take arrangement....

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    In case you haven't noticed, there's been a whole shitload of dead children recently. So we find them drowned in swimming pools, but later the coroner discovers the signs of blunt-force trauma that apparently preceded the drowning.

I don't know what the fuck is up with people these days, but there's a lot of really dangerous and terrible stuff happening around town.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    It is but too often one gives and the other takes. The only point I agree with the Domestic Violence Industry on is that it's about power, control, dominance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, there's been a whole shitload of dead children recently. So we find them drowned in swimming pools, but later the coroner discovers the signs of blunt-force trauma that apparently preceded the drowning.

I don't know what the fuck is up with people these days, but there's a lot of really dangerous and terrible stuff happening around town.
    What's up is no sense of history. This was back in 1978. That's forty years ago.

"SALT LAKE CITY, Aug. 3 (AP) —With her husband dead of suicide, a woman and her seven children plunged 11 floors from the balcony of a downtown hotel today in an apparent act of religious zealotry, the police said. The mother and six of the children died.

"Policemen and witnesses said that the woman, Rachel David, 38 years old, had pushed some of the children as they screamed and struggled to hold onto a railing but that at least three older children “jumped of their own volition.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/1978/08/04/a...he-father.html

"On the morning of June 20, 2001, mother-of-five Andrea Yates of Houston, TX, drowned all of her children one by one in her bathtub."
    https://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/.../andrea-yates/

"On October 25, 1994, Smith reported to police that her vehicle had been carjacked by a black man who drove away with her sons still inside. For nine days, she made dramatic pleas on national television for their rescue and return. However, following an intensive investigation and a nationwide search, she confessed on November 3, 1994 to letting her car roll into nearby John D. Long Lake,[8] drowning them inside.[9] Her motivation was reportedly to be able to have a relationship with a local wealthy man, even though he had no intention of forming a family.[10] She said that there was no motive nor did she plan the murders, stating that she was not in a right state of mind.[7]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith#Crimes

I think the major factor is the wide-ranging search for disasters world-wide to report in both the U.S. commercial media and social media. I was reading a horrible article of murder and rape a few days ago and suddenly realized it was in India. I'm sorry for the people but India sure as hell isn't my problem.

We also have human nature that tends to say, "XXXXXXX has never been like this before", whether it's the weather or crime or corruption in Washington. This is a bigger problem with young people who think llife started with them and people who go by emotion and not by logic, reason, or evidence.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (07-11-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Yes of course we should not criminalize family fights, even those in public that may threaten innocent bystanders. If they want to pull out firearms and start blasting each other, oh well, its just a family disturbance.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Yes of course we should not criminalize family fights, even those in public that may threaten innocent bystanders. If they want to pull out firearms and start blasting each other, oh well, its just a family disturbance.
    And perhaps we should criminalize walking down the street because of the same bullshit you cited. I realize liberals want to jail people for what they might do and not for what they have done but I won't support it.

Family fights have been criminalized to the point it's ridiculous. I can understand that it isn't just physical assaults you object to but the verbal, emotion, and religious abuse that might lead to something or just be unpleasant.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to cite all the brawlers for a disturbance and fine them. Felony? Jail sentence? Not hardly.

Last edited by patrickt; 07-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    And perhaps we should criminalize walking down the street because of the same bullshit you cited. I realize liberals want to jail people for what they might do and not for what they have done but I won't support it.

Family fights have been criminalized to the point it's ridiculous. I can understand that it isn't just physical assaults you object to but the verbal, emotion, and religious abuse that might lead to something or just be unpleasant.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to cite all the brawlers for a disturbance and fine them. Felony? Jail sentence? Not hardly.

Would you allow all to go free if it were a bunch of strangers attacking some group for reason or reasons unknown? Violent behavior cannot be tolerated, regardless if its hoodlums attacking or "just family members". If they are so violent they are willing to start a 4 minute fight at the premier family venue then they do not deserve to be in polite society.

And just how in the name of God do you equate this to wanting to jail people for just walking down the street?
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    I have always taken the position that we are all criminals, made criminals by a government seeking to control the citizenry, using vague meanings and harsh punishments encrypted in an incomprehensibly vast amount of arcane and useless laws.

Police once had some discretion, the "community" part of community policing, but a policy of "fairness" and political correctness has taken that discretion away. Now, one size fits all. Conform or get sued.

We redefine "hate" and "violence" to suit a personal agenda or some form of officially sanctioned group oppression. Victims (seems like we have a lot of people who enjoy being victims) seem to dislike anyone who does not play their victim role game, and wants them to be victims too, apparently. It's getting hard to keep up.

Domestic violence is nothing to joke about, but we must understand that "violence" is "violent". What the hell is "religious" domestic violence, or "economic" domestic violence?? Seems like "violence" is not so violent anymore.

Taking your family feud public in a theme park? Maybe we should just give them a dumbass award on the front steps of city hall, televised on the 6 o'clock news for everyone to see just how stupid they are. I think the embarrassment would be more of a deterrent than a felony charge. "Hey, I know you! You're the guy who ..."

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    He was taking her hair and she was giving it?
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Thread Information