User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Please READ this

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    I don't mind a little give and take on the language.

I occasionally let it rip, with some language that might raise an eyebrow from a sailor, but often I will attempt to curb my seemingly ingrained military mouth, out of respect for forums members.

Similarly, they will read some stuff from me when I am letting it rip (and internally cringe I'm sure)...but let it go and not make a huge deal out of it.

They try a little bit. I try a little bit. Seems like that is how it should be.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-09-2019),darroll (08-09-2019),Knightkore (08-09-2019),Lone Gunman (08-09-2019),potlatch (08-09-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Guidance Reminder: On Abortion Procedures, Terminology Rights : Memmos : NPR

ABORTION PROCEDURES & TERMINOLOGY: Use the term intact dilation and extraction to describe the procedure, or a procedure known medically as intact dilation and extraction; opponents call it partial-birth abortion. On the latter, it is necessary to point out that the term partial-birth is used by those opposed to the procedure; simply using the phrase so-called partial birth abortion is not sufficient without explaining who's calling it that. Partial-birth is not a medical term and has no exact parallel in medical terminology; intact dilation and extraction is the closest description. Also, it is not correct to call these procedures RARE — it is not known how often they are performed. Nor is it accurate to use the phrase LATE TERM ABORTION. Though we initially believed this term carried less ideological baggage when compared with partial-birth, it still conveys the sense that the fetus is viable when the abortion is performed. It gives the impression that the abortion takes place in the 8th or 9th month. In fact, the procedure called intact dilation and extraction is performed most often in the 5th or 6th month — the second trimester — and the second trimester is not considered "late" pregnancy. Thus "late term" is not appropriate. As an alternative, call it a certain procedure performed after the first trimester of pregnancy and, subsequently, the procedure.... Also note:
    NPR doesn't use the term "abortion clinics." We say instead, "medical or health clinics that perform abortions." The point is to not to use abortion before the word clinic. The clinics perform other procedures and not just abortions.
    Do not refer to murdered Dr George Tiller as an "Abortion Doctor." Instead we should say Tiller operated a clinic where abortions are performed. We can also make reference to the fact that Tiller was a doctor who performed late abortions.
    Here's some additional guidance from Joe Neel, regarding the Unborn Victims of Violence Act:
    The term "unborn" implies that there is a baby inside a pregnant woman, not a fetus. Babies are not babies until they are born. They're fetuses. Incorrectly calling a fetus a "baby" or "the unborn" is part of the strategy used by antiabortion groups to shift language/legality/public opinion. Use "unborn" only when referring to the title of the bill (and after President Bush signs it, the Unborn Victims of Violence Law). Or qualify the use of "unborn" by saying "what anti-abortion groups call the 'unborn' victims of violence." The most neutral language to refer to the death of a fetus during a crime is "fetal homicide."
    ABORTION RIGHTS:
    On the air, we should use "abortion rights supporter(s)/advocate(s)" and "abortion rights opponent(s)" or derivations thereof (for example: "advocates of abortion rights"). It is acceptable to use the phrase "anti-abortion rights," but do not use the term "pro-abortion rights". Digital News will continue to use the AP style book for online content, which mirrors the revised NPR policy. Do not use "pro-life" and "pro-choice" in copy except when used in the name of a group. Of course, when the terms are used in an actuality they should remain.

{The language & history Nazi experts.}
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-09-2019)

Gift Giver - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    I'm a Libra.
    Lol, I went and looked it up. Do you ever read it? All of our signs have good and bad characteristics. You are an Air sign.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-09-2019)

Gift Giver - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    We all know that phrase is banned here. Not the word. I will never use that phrase here, and I happen to agree with the jiggling stuff being a distraction. I think it has dwindled considerably.
    Agree that the jiggling stuff has been dwindled down. I can't understand why the phrase, acronym, abbreviations would be considered worse than the actual words. I would think they would be preferred. That puzzles me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-09-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Lol, I went and looked it up. Do you ever read it? All of our signs have good and bad characteristics. You are an Air sign.
    Yeah. Interesting right? There have been a lot of famous people who were Libra's. I think Margaret Thatcher was one.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

potlatch (08-09-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Obama administration was nothing more than highly organized crime. -Common

The Left is really that dumb. I have been thanking our Extremist friends on the Left all year in advance for Trump's landslide 2020 victory. They are the ones who have worked the hardest for ensure Trump's next victory. -John T. Ford

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-09-2019),Knightkore (08-11-2019),Lone Gunman (08-09-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    I'm a Libra.
    Nacho Libra?
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (08-11-2019),Lone Gunman (08-09-2019)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Nacho Libra?
    Μολών λαβέ

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (08-10-2019),Knightkore (08-11-2019)

Free Bird - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    I like these "please read threads".

Especially when stated by "Sr ADMIN/Founder"

Anyway, since I've stumbled across this (again)..... reading is on my 'to do list'
    Last edited by OldSchool; 08-10-2019 at 12:14 AM.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-10-2019),Knightkore (08-11-2019)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I like these "please read threads".

Especially when stated by "Sr ADMIN/Founder"

Anyway, since I've stumbled across this..... reading is on my 'to do list'

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-10-2019),HawkTheSlayer (08-10-2019),Knightkore (08-11-2019)

Thread Information