User Tag List

Thread: NY Clerk Files Lawsuit Against Issuing Driver’s Licenses To Illegals

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks

NY Clerk Files Lawsuit Against Issuing Driver’s Licenses To Illegals

A New York county clerk who refused to issue licenses to illegals in June is taking the law–that he vowed never to follow–to court.

Michael “Mickey” Kearns made headlines in June when he openly defied Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Green Light Bill that mandated clerks throughout the state to issue driver’s licenses to those residing in America as aliens. He is now fulfilling a promise he made to challenge the law he deems unconstitutional.

View image on Twitter

Chris Horvatits
    @ChrisHorvatits4

Here is the letter Erie County Clerk Mickey Kearns sent to Erie County Attorney Michael Siragusa, asking for legal representation in a lawsuit over the state law that gives undocumented immigrants drivers' licenses.

2:24 PM - Jun 18, 2019

61 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Kearns calls the letter “inconsistent with federal law” and claims the bill forces him and other clerks to choose to their allegiance to either the federal government or government of New York.

He also believes the law is a violation of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, which expressly outlaws knowingly hiring illegal immigrants, Fox News Reports.

Kearns was not alone in his defiance when the law took root in June. Four more upstate clerks were found to be resisting the law in Rensselaer, Niagara, Chautauqua and Allegany Counties.

“I go back to the Constitution. You’re not supposed to help or aid anybody if they’re here illegally, especially if we know that,” Frank Merola, Rensselaer County Clerk, told ABC 10.

Chautauqua County Clerk Larry Barmore completely rejected the bill in June. “I don’t mind sitting in jail for a few days,” he told WGRZ 2.

Most New Yorkers opposed Cuomo’s bill when it was introduced–53% to be exact, according to a Sienna poll.

“The law is well crafted and contains ample protections for those who apply for driver’s licenses. As the state’s attorney and chief law enforcement officer, my office will vigorously defend it,” New York State Attorney General Letitia James told The Daily Caller News Foundation in June.

https://www.conservativedailynews.co...s-to-illegals/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (07-10-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here's the 411 on Ms James.No surprises here.Another Afro-activist down with the struggle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letitia_James

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As with most states, outside the major cities, the people are conservative law obeying people. Who expect the law to be uniformly applied. Unfortunately in most states, NY included, the major getto cities population outnumbers the entire state.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    In an effort to prove how WOKE they are, it seems prog states are tripping over themselves to hire radical Black Attorneys Generals, Prosecutors, Mayors, Chief's of Police, etc. NY, IL, MD come to mind....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-10-2019),Molly Pitcher (07-10-2019)

Thread Information