Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H. Ross Perot dead

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    Perot graduated from USNA and served in the Navy, but left in 1957. He was a salesman with IBM for a few years and then left to form EDS. EDS' big early success was government contracts, starting in the 1960s. He was in his late 30s and early 40s during the Vietnam War.
    salesman for IBM for five years. yet later in life he had to make 77 sales pitches before selling his first contract. LOL! and IBM! LOL! in 1962 they were still bitching they lost 100 computers to the germans during WWII. yeah. his rescue in iran was done how? Dick Meadows. whered he meet Meadows at? hmmm.
    Last edited by jirqoadai; 07-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (07-09-2019)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    salesman for IBM for five years. yet later in life he had to make 77 sales pitches before selling his first contract. LOL! and IBM! LOL! in 1962 they were still bitching they lost 100 computers to the germans during WWII. yeah. his rescue in iran was done how? Dick Meadows. whered he meet Meadows at? hmmm.

Yeah..what kind of government contracts? That kinda does make sense.
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 07-09-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrogersNhood View Post
    Yeah..what kind of government contracts? That kinda does make sense.
    think about it. heres the public storyline: Dick Meadows is just splitting firewood when out of the blue, he receives a letter from Ross Perot. " hey Dick, i need you to organize an op in iran. you dont know me but ive heard about you.........LOL!!!!!!!!!

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Perot was proof that 3 way elections will never be justified without a runoff if no candidate obtains 50% of the vote. Liberals conveniently forget Clinton was elected Twice this way without the popular vote even though they say Trump is not legit because of it.

I think Perot was right about some things, like the Fed and bad trade. But he was also a paranoid and I doubt would have been a competent leader as a whole. But I would have put him in charge of the Budget!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Jim Scott (07-09-2019),MrogersNhood (07-09-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Exactly. My condolences to the family, and respect to the dead, but Perot knew the whole time that all he was doing was taking votes from Bush. I read later he did this intentionally because of some grudge he had with the president. And that was before he claimed they were trying to kill him
    It must be true - you read it on the internet

"I am #MamaBear. Anyone threatens my sons and I'll eat them for lunch."
    ​Trinnity
    ​Boycott Everything Nike

Junior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Perot was proof that 3 way elections will never be justified without a runoff if no candidate obtains 50% of the vote. Liberals conveniently forget Clinton was elected Twice this way without the popular vote even though they say Trump is not legit because of it.

I think Perot was right about some things, like the Fed and bad trade. But he was also a paranoid and I doubt would have been a competent leader as a whole. But I would have put him in charge of the Budget!
    Presidential elections are not decided by the popular vote.

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    It must be true - you read it on the internet
    No, I think I read it back before the Internet was much more than some IRC chat rooms. If memory services, it had something to do with his employees that were kidnapped that time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fins For This Useful Post:

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    I never knew much about Perot (I was only a little kid during the elections in the '90s), but he didn't seem to be an establishment stooge like Bush and Clinton. Of course, if he did become president, I feel he most likely would have let himself be compromised the way Trump did. This is why you need to drain the swamp from the very beginning, instead of trying to reason with them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TLSG View Post
    I never knew much about Perot (I was only a little kid during the elections in the '90s), but he didn't seem to be an establishment stooge like Bush and Clinton. Of course, if he did become president, I feel he most likely would have let himself be compromised the way Trump did. This is why you need to drain the swamp from the very beginning, instead of trying to reason with them.
    dude. his plan to extinguish the national debt puts him alone in high esteem. at that time, a balanced budget coupled with a one dollar federal gas tax wouldve put us in the red.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Fan View Post
    I billionaire conservative Texas businessman as President of the United States?

What an illogical idea.

He made a whole lot of sense during the campaign, however America still was relatively an innocent political nation at the time, media was trusted, although like the courts, somewhat left-leaning and Congress was generally bipartisan.

The cesspool of Deep State, bureaucrat Washington and biased media of today didn't exist or at least we didn't know it existed. We changed America by ballot not bullet, as we always do, and generally trusted authority, police, religious leaders and teachers, particularly in college.

Little did we understand the corruption and hatred that America was held in by the elite, even the Bush's and Clinton's at the time.

Perot opened some eyes - his campaign perhaps opened the door for a outside-of-Washington candidate like Donald Trump, to run for the office challenging the status-quo of the do-nothing politicians. I am sure the Trump campaign studied Perot's run before he decided to make his historic attempt.

We got Bill Clinton, a masterful politician as President because of Ross Perot, and America essentially ignored the dishonest and sexual record of the man. He had a satisfactory eight years in office.

As for Mr. Perot, would have liked to have heard his opinion on Trump at some time.

However, not possible.

RIP Mr. Perot.

Stan
    Obviously, opinions on H. Ross Perot are mixed but most admit that his improbable independent presidential candidacy in 1992 was a watershed event as he was able to draw both Democrats and Republicans to his candidacy and ultimately received 19% of the vote, the most since Teddy Roosevelt won 27% in a four way race in 1912 (Woodrow Wilson won the election with 435 votes in the Electoral College, Roosevelt received 88).

The consensus is that Perot, a billionaire businessman with no political experience, was a forerunner of the Trump candidacy with the exception that Trump ran as a Democrat, not an Independent - and, of course, Trump won.

Jim

"Need" now means wanting someone else's (taxpayer) money. "Greed" means wanting to keep your own profit. "Compassion" is when a politician arranges the transfer. - Joseph Sobran

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

Thread Information