Thread: Mercenary Pilot Captured In Libya Identified As US Air Force Veteran

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks

Mercenary Pilot Captured In Libya Identified As US Air Force Veteran

first published on June 27, 2019 by Will

The foreign national mercenary pilot captured by the Libyan National Army (LNA) in Tripoli back in May has now been identified as a US Air Force Veteran.

Jamie Sponaugle, 31, of Florida has been released by the LNA after six weeks in detention. He was conducting bombing sorties on for the Libyan government when his Mirage F1 combat jet was shot down.

Initially, he claimed to be a Portuguese national named Jimmie Reese. However, his accent was all over the place and it quickly came to light that “Jimmie Reese” was a second baseman for the 1930 New York Yankees, and an pseudonym used by a Tom Cruise character portrayed in the film Jack Reacher.

Sponaugle was an enlisted active duty airman between 2006 and 2013, serving as a mechanic. He then served an additional three years in the Florida Air National Guard. At one point he held the position of an airspace technician.

According to a report on The Washington Post, Sponaugle obtained his pilot’s license following his time in service.

At first, it may seem odd that that a mechanic would be flying planes in a war zone. Yet, a pilot that is also a highly-skilled aircraft mechanic, capable of maintaining his own aircraft would be exactly what an employer of a free-lance fighter pilot would be looking for.

Could have put this in corrupt government section. I posted this awhile back and was sure the guy was American. cia cover story for the regime toppling and puppet placing we are doing in Libya.
    The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time. — JUSTICE GEORGE SUTHERLAND (1938)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered

Thanks
    Sara Conners sperm doner was also named Reece, on da terminator

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post

first published on June 27, 2019 by Will

The foreign national mercenary pilot captured by the Libyan National Army (LNA) in Tripoli back in May has now been identified as a US Air Force Veteran.

Jamie Sponaugle, 31, of Florida has been released by the LNA after six weeks in detention. He was conducting bombing sorties on for the Libyan government when his Mirage F1 combat jet was shot down.

Initially, he claimed to be a Portuguese national named Jimmie Reese. However, his accent was all over the place and it quickly came to light that “Jimmie Reese” was a second baseman for the 1930 New York Yankees, and an pseudonym used by a Tom Cruise character portrayed in the film Jack Reacher.

Sponaugle was an enlisted active duty airman between 2006 and 2013, serving as a mechanic. He then served an additional three years in the Florida Air National Guard. At one point he held the position of an airspace technician.

According to a report on The Washington Post, Sponaugle obtained his pilot’s license following his time in service.

At first, it may seem odd that that a mechanic would be flying planes in a war zone. Yet, a pilot that is also a highly-skilled aircraft mechanic, capable of maintaining his own aircraft would be exactly what an employer of a free-lance fighter pilot would be looking for.

Could have put this in corrupt government section. I posted this awhile back and was sure the guy was American. cia cover story for the regime toppling and puppet placing we are doing in Libya.
    What do you mean "we"?

Libya is the responsibility of that moron Obama, remember?

And his criminal cohort Hillary Clinton.

And as you'll recall, John Brennan was in charge of the CIA at the time all that happened.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    What do you mean "we"?

Libya is the responsibility of that moron Obama, remember?

And his criminal cohort Hillary Clinton.

And as you'll recall, John Brennan was in charge of the CIA at the time all that happened.
    This is current. I have posted several threads on the puppet Libyan leader the cia trained to conquer and rule Libya. Then I posted a thread on this pilots shoot down and capture. I’m sorry you are not paying attention.

http://thepoliticsforums.com/threads...ighlight=Libya

http://thepoliticsforums.com/threads...ighlight=Libya
    Last edited by Big Dummy; 07-02-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time. — JUSTICE GEORGE SUTHERLAND (1938)

Thanks
    You don't understand.

The reason we're there is "terrorism" - and its close cousin tribalism.

Without a strong central government, Libya becomes another Afghanistan, where the Warlords are in charge and there is no unified National policy.

The tribal situation now, is a direct result of the vacating of moammar Kadafi. Which was Hillary Clinton's brilliant idea.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-02-2019),JMWinPR (07-03-2019)

Thanks
    You don't understand.

The reason we're there is "terrorism" - and its close cousin tribalism.

Without a strong central government, Libya becomes another Afghanistan, where the Warlords are in charge and there is no unified National policy.

The tribal situation now, is a direct result of the vacating of moammar Kadafi. Which was Hillary Clinton's brilliant idea.
    So you are all for the continued cia/deep state/obamma/Hilary plans of inserting a cia controlled puppet ruler in Libya? All done in secret without the knowledge of the US citizenry.
    Last edited by Big Dummy; 07-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    So you are all for the continued cia/deep state/obamma/Hilary plans of inserting a cia controlled puppet ruler in Libya? All done in secret without the knowledge of the US citizenry.
    Oh come on. It's not like it's a secret. We're talking about it, aren't we?

The logic around this is very simple. We don't have a choice, we have to be there, otherwise what happens is Isis proliferates in the region. Immediately surrounding Libya are some low-hanging fruit where Isis has been evicted before, by the French, The Americans, and even the Egyptians.

Isis is viral, you need to suppress them, you need to keep them out of anywhere important. You cannot let them get a foothold in Libya, that would be disastrous, then the entire West of Africa might follow shortly.

You can say it's none of our business, but I take a much more activist approach. If we shot Hitler in 39 we wouldn't have had a World War.

For example, right now I encourage an activist approach in the South China Sea. We need to get the Chinese the fuck off of those islands, and bomb the shit out of them and Destroy them completely, thereby making it impossible to rebuild any of them. Those are international waters in the Chinese have no business setting up shop there. And I know the Chinese like I know the back of my hand, and I'm telling you sure is the sun's going to come up tomorrow, you either take care of the problem now, or you're going to have a much bigger problem in the morning.

Thanks
    Oh come on. It's not like it's a secret. We're talking about it, aren't we?

The logic around this is very simple. We don't have a choice, we have to be there, otherwise what happens is Isis proliferates in the region. Immediately surrounding Libya are some low-hanging fruit where Isis has been evicted before, by the French, The Americans, and even the Egyptians.

Isis is viral, you need to suppress them, you need to keep them out of anywhere important. You cannot let them get a foothold in Libya, that would be disastrous, then the entire West of Africa might follow shortly.

You can say it's none of our business, but I take a much more activist approach. If we shot Hitler in 39 we wouldn't have had a World War.

For example, right now I encourage an activist approach in the South China Sea. We need to get the Chinese the fuck off of those islands, and bomb the shit out of them and Destroy them completely, thereby making it impossible to rebuild any of them. Those are international waters in the Chinese have no business setting up shop there. And I know the Chinese like I know the back of my hand, and I'm telling you sure is the sun's going to come up tomorrow, you either take care of the problem now, or you're going to have a much bigger problem in the morning.

The cia is trying to pull a fast one in Libya. They are on the down low and pulled our troops out so Hafter could take Tripoli with only brown guys. Making it look like he is working alone.

Who has the balls to confront chinas military/navy/air force when they are not attacking anyone yet? Just a few Indonesian fishing boats so far.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    I remember this from before and always thought he was American also, did I read that right. They released him and he’s fine, really glad to hear that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-03-2019)

Thread Information