User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President Trump may intervene in homeless crisis

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

President Trump may intervene in homeless crisis

DONALD TRUMP
    Published 9 hours ago

Exclusive: Trump shares plans to combat homelessness and mental illness in interview with Tucker Carlson

By Nick Givas | Fox News

President Trump sat down with Fox News host Tucker Carlson for an exclusive interviewduring his visit to Japan for the G20 summit and shared his plans to combat rising homelessness and mental illness in America.
    During the interview, Trump told Carlson he is "looking at it very seriously" and said some people forced to live on the streets are "living in hell."

"It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously," Trump said. "We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that.
    "You can't have what's happening -- where police officers are getting sick just by walking the beat. I mean, they're getting actually very sick, where people are getting sick, where the people living there living in hell, too."

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)]Video

Trump continued, saying most people suffering from homelessness have an accompanying mental illness and sometimes don't realize they're living in their own filth. He also said the issue needs to be addressed before it starts affecting healthy working people as well.
    "Some of them have mental problems where they don't even know they're living that way," he said. "In fact, perhaps they like living that way. They can't do that. We cannot ruin our cities. And you have people that work in those cities. They work in office buildings and to get into the building, they have to walk through a scene that nobody would have believed possible three years ago."
    Trump blamed the liberal politicians for exacerbating the problem and said he's been fighting them on all fronts, including within the city limits of Washington, D.C.
    "And this is the liberal establishment. This is what I'm fighting," he added. "They -- I don't know if they're afraid of votes. I don't know if they really believe that this should be taking place. But it's a terrible thing that's taking place. And we may be -- you know, I had a situation when I first became president, we had certain areas of Washington, D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)]Video

"When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the President of the United States and they're riding down a highway, they can't be looking at that. I really believe that it hurts our country.
    "They can't be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Francisco... so we're looking at it very seriously. We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up. It's inappropriate."
    Trump also said it shouldn't fall on the federal government to address the issue, but didn't give any indication that it would deter his administration from getting involved.
    "We're really not very equipped as a government to be doing that kind of work," he told Carlson. "That's not really the kind of work that the government probably should be doing. We've never had this in our lives before in our country. And it's not only those few cities, it's a couple of other ones."
    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)]Video[/COLOR]

The president's comments came after figures released last month stated the number of homeless people in Los Angeles County jumped 12 percent over the past year, officials announced Tuesday, despite $619 million in government spending to help alleviate the problem.
    The annual point-in-time count recorded nearly 59,000 homeless people countywide, with the largest number -- 36,000 -- coming from the city of Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, a county agency which conducted the count, delivered its report to the Board of Supervisors at its Tuesday meeting.
    The 2018 tally found a slight decrease in the homeless population at just over 53,000 people. Supervisor Janice Hahn called the new numbers "disheartening."
    The count found a 24 percent increase in homeless youth, defined as people under 25, and a 7 percent jump in people 62 or older. An estimated 29 percent of people experiencing homelessness are mentally ill or have substance abuse issues, officials said.
    [/COLOR]
    Nick Givas is a reporter with Fox News. You can find him on Twitter at @NGivasDC.

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Garden House Queen; 07-02-2019 at 05:21 AM.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wish President Trump would just let it alone. The States that are the worst case scenarios are liberal run.....they created this situation....let them deal with it. If the rest of the public gets tired of stepping in s**t......maybe they'll put people in office who can make a change.

A good many years ago, my part of the country had several large institutions that housed people with mental issues. Funding was eventually pulled so now the mentally compromised are on the street and those buildings set empty.
    Last edited by Garden House Queen; 07-02-2019 at 05:34 AM.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garden House Queen For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-02-2019),Lone Gunman (07-02-2019),MisterVeritis (07-02-2019),NORAD (07-02-2019),patrickt (07-08-2019)

running down a dream Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    homeless people are also known as vagrants. round them up .. if they are mentally ill then put them in an institution. otherwise send them to work farms.
    ďItís the home of the brave and the land of the free where the less you know the better off youíll be."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruthless terrier For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (07-02-2019),Lone Gunman (07-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (07-02-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden House Queen View Post
    I wish President Trump would just let it alone. The States that are the worst case scenarios are liberal run.....they created this situation....let them deal with it. If the rest of the public gets tired of stepping in s**t......maybe they'll put people in office who can make a change.

A good many years ago, my part of the country had several large institutions that housed people with mental issues. Funding was eventually pulled so now the mentally compromised are on the street and those buildings set empty.
    I agree with you, we don't need the federal government stepping in and making the situation worse than it already is. This is a state and local problem and it should be the state and local governments fixing the mess.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (07-02-2019),jirqoadai (07-02-2019),Lone Gunman (07-02-2019),NORAD (07-02-2019)

Stalking Santa in 2019 V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden House Queen View Post

I agree - it's a state issue.

And Trump can't throw money at it: example california.

Remember the Paradise fire last year?
    California recieved a sh!t ton of emergency funds from the fed gov. However, there are still displaced people without a home, active volunteer animal rescue and the drinking water in Paradise is not drinkable. WTH did Cali do with all the $$$ they got?

I wouldn't trust Cali with any Fed $$$ for the homeless!

* I recall in the 80's (?) mental health institution reform? in california.
    Laws were passed giving rights to institutionalized mental health patients - where they couldn't be forced to stay in an institution, unless they were truly bat sh!t crazy.

The patients also couldn't be forced to take medication (unless they were BS crazy & institutionalized)

...which let many MH patients out on the street or to families who couldn't take care of them

I found a timeline

https://www.kqed.org/news/11209729/d...elessness-here

California specifically:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanter...80%93Short_Act

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ment...ms_Act_of_1980

https://www.salon.com/2013/09/29/ron...ental_illness/

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NORAD For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (07-02-2019),Lone Gunman (07-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (07-03-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless terrier View Post
    homeless people are also known as vagrants. round them up .. if they are mentally ill then put them in an institution. otherwise send them to work farms.
    It's against the law.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NORAD For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (07-03-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And honestly, it doesn't sound like Trump understands the homeless situation either.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NORAD For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (07-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (07-03-2019)

SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NORAD View Post
    And honestly, it doesn't sound like Trump understands the homeless situation either.
    There is a reson why the big Democrat States chose to become maggnets for kooks, the homeless and illegal aliens. The 2020 census is right around the corner. The big payoff is control of the entire country.

President Trump has my approval to completey wipe out the massive homeless and illegal populations. Get them out of the Democrat States. Boot the illegals after biometricking the hell out of them. Warehouse the kooks and homeless in Republican States until after the 2020 census. Then bus them back to Seattle and LA.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (07-02-2019),NORAD (07-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (07-03-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    There is a reson why the big Democrat States chose to become maggnets for kooks, the homeless and illegal aliens. The 2020 census is right around the corner. The big payoff is control of the entire country.

President Trump has my approval to completey wipe out the massive homeless and illegal populations. Get them out of the Democrat States. Boot the illegals after biometricking the hell out of them. Warehouse the kooks and homeless in Republican States until after the 2020 census. Then bus them back to Seattle and LA.
    meh' The homeless 'crisis' has been going on for over 30 years.

I agree with chipping illegals ... lol!

I'm waiting on SCOTUS to get it's act together regarding the census.

*snicker* chipping illegals

I feel evil!! lol!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NORAD For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (07-03-2019)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class

Thanks
    there's no lack of problems and 'crises' trump needs to address.

this isn't one of them.
    Μολών λαβέ

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-02-2019),Garden House Queen (07-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (07-03-2019)

Thread Information