User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marches by rival groups in Portland lead to clashes; 3 people arrested

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks

Marches by rival groups in Portland lead to clashes; 3 people arrested

At least three groups had planned rallies or demonstrations at different sites in the city, including members of the so-called Proud Boys and antifa
    Today at 10:05 AM

Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. Competing demonstrations spilled into the streets of downtown Portland on Saturday, with fights breaking out in places as marchers clashed.

At least three groups had planned rallies or demonstrations at different sites in the city, including members of the so-called Proud Boys and anti-fascist groups that include "antifa," and the fights occurred when participants of the opposing groups met, according to The Oregonian/OregonLive .

Multiple groups, including Rose City Antifa, the Proud Boys and conservative activist Haley Adams protest in downtown Portland, Ore., Saturday, June 29, 2019. (Dave Killen/The Oregonian via AP)

In a statement Saturday night, the Portland Police Bureau said three people were arrested on assault and harassment charges in connection with the protests. Police said medics treated eight people, including three police officers, at the scene. Three people were taken to hospitals after they were attacked, police said.

Andy Ngo, who describes himself as an editor at the conservative website Quillette and says he is "hated by antifa," said on his Twitter feed that he was attacked by anti-fascist protesters and had to be taken to the hospital to treat injuries to his face and head. Ngo also said the attackers took his camera equipment.

Protesters also clashed with police, throwing water bottles and eggs at officers. In separate social media posts later in the day, police declared the situation to be a civil disturbance and warned participants faced arrest.

The Portland Police Bureau on Twitter asked for the public's help in investigating violent assaults. The bureau also said that it has received reports that some of the milkshakes thrown by protesters contained quick-drying cement.

"Demonstration events are very fluid in nature and the management of these events is complex," Assistant Chief Chris Davis said in a statement. "There are hundreds of peaceful free speech events in the City in a given year that do not result in violence. Unfortunately, today some community members and officers were injured. We are actively investigating these incidents to hold those responsible accountable."

Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or
    If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-30-2019),darroll (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019),Rutabaga (06-30-2019),teeceetx (06-30-2019)

Alumni & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Police said medics treated eight people, including three police officers, at the scene. Three people were taken to hospitals after they were attacked, police said.
    Protesters also clashed with police, throwing water bottles and eggs at officers.
    I don't know enough about them to say much about the "Proud Boys" group, but even crazies who are "right wing" seem to have the sense not to attack police officers. So I'm guessing the Antifoids were the ones who did.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-30-2019),Brat (06-30-2019),darroll (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019),Rutabaga (06-30-2019),teeceetx (06-30-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    odd, we only see this type of activity in prog run cities...
    "The nose, knows"

@Auntifa,,,when the shooting starts, don't run, you'll only die tired...

#walkaway

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-30-2019),Brat (06-30-2019),Garden House Queen (06-30-2019),HawkTheSlayer (06-30-2019),Kris P Bacon (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Cement? They mix cement in their 'milkshakes' that they throw? Why does Portland kowtow to these anarchists? They need to be clubbed and arrested, jailed for years. Violent losers extraordinaire.
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-30-2019),Daily Bread (06-30-2019),darroll (06-30-2019),Kris P Bacon (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019),NORAD (07-01-2019),Retiredat50 (06-30-2019),Rutabaga (06-30-2019),teeceetx (06-30-2019)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    And that's another thing: When there is video of an incident, witnesses AND physical injury to a victim, it should NOT BE only an "alleged" assault. We can see it!
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019),Rickity Plumber (06-30-2019),teeceetx (06-30-2019)

Alumni & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Appointed or voted in, Portland's Police Chief is as much a political animal as the Prog True-Believer Mayor and City Council. The partisan bias in Portland policing is going to have to be forced out, either by some extreme violent event(s) or by Portland voters. I don't think either will happen soon.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ANTIFA are the Brown Shirt fascists. The behavior is clear to anyone educated in actual history.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-30-2019),Brat (06-30-2019),Dr. Felix Birdbiter (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    anti-fascist groups that include "antifa,

To start off with Antifa isn't anti fascist any more than I am a bird if I say I'm a bird. Antifa is a fascist movement PERIOD.

Protesters also clashed with police, throwing water bottles and eggs at officers. In separate social media posts later in the day, police declared the situation to be a civil disturbance and warned participants faced arrest.

They should have arrested them on the spot. Plus had I been a police officer & would have beat the shit out of every bottle thrower that I could.

We are actively investigating these incidents to hold those responsible accountable."

A bullshit statement. They should have been arrested on the spot because finding them later will be almost impossible. My guess is that they knew the city leadership wouldn't back them & didn't bother. The above statement is an idle threat which will do no good because history has proven that nothing is done.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-30-2019),Brat (06-30-2019),Dr. Felix Birdbiter (06-30-2019),Lone Gunman (06-30-2019),teeceetx (06-30-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    I don't know enough about them to say much about the "Proud Boys" group, but even crazies who are "right wing" seem to have the sense not to attack police officers. So I'm guessing the Antifoids were the ones who did.
    All I know is the name itself was created as a joke by a radio personality. Somehow it grew from being his group of fanboys to some sort of activist group.

What i dont understand, don’t groups have to get permits from the city to hold rally’s like this? Why would the city allow conflicting groups to hold protests so close to each other? Especially after Charlottesville.

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    anti-fascist groups that include "antifa,

To start off with Antifa isn't anti fascist any more than I am a bird if I say I'm a bird. Antifa is a fascist movement PERIOD.

They should have arrested them on the spot. Plus had I been a police officer & would have beat the shit out of every bottle thrower that I could.

We are actively investigating these incidents to hold those responsible accountable."

A bullshit statement. They should have been arrested on the spot because finding them later will be almost impossible. My guess is that they knew the city leadership wouldn't back them & didn't bother. The above statement is an idle threat which will do no good because history has proven that nothing is done.

"We are actively investigating these incidents to hold those responsible accountable."
    translation: we're not going to do anything about these 'incidents.'
    Μολών λαβέ

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-30-2019),Brat (06-30-2019),Old Tex (06-30-2019),teeceetx (06-30-2019)

Thread Information