User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homo Spatius, or "why the lines are being blurred"

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    I always wondered why the never sent moon pies with Tang on the Apollo Missions.
    that be moonpies an' R o C* cola.

*pronounced Arroh See Cola.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-28-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (06-28-2019),Lone Gunman (06-28-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    that be moonpies an' R o C* cola.

*pronounced Arroh See Cola.
    Crown Royal with Royal Crown would be refreshing.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    I've watched at least part of an episode of "Big Brother", and parts of more than one "Survivor". I have also watched "Bachelor" an "Bachelorette". I'm pretty sure, no matter who we send, that when the space ship finally arrives at anyplace worth arriving at, there will only be one earthling aboard. Call it "homo singularis".
    Yep, SOMEONE will end up without a space suit some night after running to the escape pod to grab the M&M's for a cheesy video message to send back home, they'll hear the door slam shut and the latch engage then a monotonous "hiss" as the air starts escaping to space because Seth is mad you've been getting all the goodies on this flight, that just wont do, but don't worry, he'll be there to "comfort" technician Tina regarding your death, he'll be there for her....

Jealousy will rear it's ugly head as soon as we go deep space, I'm sure of it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-28-2019),Lone Gunman (06-28-2019)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 93.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    Yep, SOMEONE will end up without a space suit some night after running to the escape pod to grab the M&M's for a cheesy video message to send back home, they'll hear the door slam shut and the latch engage then a monotonous "hiss" as the air starts escaping to space because Seth is mad you've been getting all the goodies on this flight, that just wont do, but don't worry, he'll be there to "comfort" technician Tina regarding your death, he'll be there for her....

Jealousy will rear it's ugly head as soon as we go deep space, I'm sure of it.
    Part of the reason why they didn't send women into space until the libbers started demanding it.
    Silly suggestion? No. I was on a ship when it went, temporarily, coed. I saw the breakdown of discipline.

Another time, another ship, ostensibly all-male...we got three Canadian midshipmen for training onboard. Two were female. One was diseased. In short order, five young officers showed up in Sick Bay with the clap.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (06-28-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Part of the reason why they didn't send women into space until the libbers started demanding it.
    Silly suggestion? No. I was on a ship when it went, temporarily, coed. I saw the breakdown of discipline.

Another time, another ship, ostensibly all-male...we got three Canadian midshipmen for training onboard. Two were female. One was diseased. In short order, five young officers showed up in Sick Bay with the clap.
    Yep, I saw the results of women who on the outside might have been a 4 or a 5, women who most likely got turned down more than once, maybe for the prom itself who knows, for the first time in thier lives guys are giving them lots of attention and they are LOVING it.

They don't think about what it is doing to overall morale, thier morale is great, as is whoever she's playing footsie with, everyone else starts plotting thier exit through the torpedo tube once we reach depth....

Thread Information