Thread: Jordan Peterson discusses whether men and women can ever be equal

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks

Jordan Peterson discusses whether men and women can ever be equal

Can men and women be equal?

In what? At what?

My comments will be followed by a video. It is a neat video to watch if you want to examine pay differences or other major issues.

When I worked for Bell Telephone, we men did the wiring. The women took care of the desk work, doing the forms, taking care of records. We soldered wires to terminals.

I moved to Piledriving. Women did not one thing in the field. We took care of the dangerous work. We were stronger for one thing. What woman wants to use a mallet to hammer in large one foot long spikes? What woman wants to use a heavy sledge hammer to knock out the cushion blocks used to keep the piledriver hammer from obliterating concrete piles? It was tough work. Men did not like any of it.

I spent one final month in pile driving in 1979 when Carter was president. I was trying hard to hang onto my job as a Realtor. But his economy stunk. I called an old boss in piledriving to see if he would hire me back. He agreed to bring me back on his jobs. It was damned hard. I was no longer used to that severely hard work. I was 12 years older too. I saw a woman for the first time on a pile driving job. She was a husky woman but still did not have the power or stamina of the men on the job. She was given jobs that were similar to bookkeeping. I mean the boss never told her to pick up the sledge hammers. I was working for them welding at the time. That job was not hard. But I saw no female welding.

Anyway, do not take this to be that literal that only rough jobs can be discussed. Women do jobs men do not want to do. Do we force the two sexes to stick to equal jobs? Should women do jobs they love and not be forced to drive 12 inch spikes into timbers the way men do?

“Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Can men & women be equal?

I am really tired of that liberal bullshit. Nobody is exactly equal. Men are not all the same, women are not all the same & men & women aren't all the same. And they shouldn't be treated all the same. Each person & each sex should be treated as individuals who all have their strengths & weaknesses. As far as I'm concerned it's the same thing as equal pay for unequal workers.

Being in the AF the BEST worker that I supervised happened to be a woman. It had nothing to do with her sex. It had to do with her brains, temperament & actions. She got no extra "points" for being a woman. She earned extra points for being a great worker. So people aren't equal, they are individual & they earn what they should get out of life.

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    If you want to be a lumber jack, hold up your end of the log.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    As I watched that vid I kept wondering why that woman was talking instead of making those men sandwiches.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (06-26-2019)

Thread Information