User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Online Knitting Community Bans Open Trump Supporters

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    Accuse them of backing white supremacy via supporting Trump.

This reminded me of my late friend @fyrenza so i stopped by.

Clownworld yall. Read the twitter comments, most of the community support the ban. I call it the worsening...our culture..etc.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48767...ly-zanotti?amp
    What's worsening is whining and outright pity parties. Oh, the poor oppressed just can't get enough pity. Whether it's the poor, oppressed white people or the horribly oppressed and constantly under attack Christians or the people just looking for pity and sympathy it's become a sad cultural phenomena.

I don't really care if a site that's supposed to be about knitting goes political. The great thing about the internet is that there are other sites or, I know this is radical, people can form local clubs where people actually sit down and do whatever they enjoy together.

There is a local group where I lived called "Stitch and Bitch." It's women, although I suspect men would be welcome, and it's all liberal Democrats. They're almost as big on bitching as are most other people.

One characteristic of bitching is that you never, ever, under any circumstance include someone who might possibly disagree with you.

I was listening to two liberals at a coffee shop. "I don't understand why conservatives...." "Me, neither, and I don't understand why Republicans...." "Me, neither." "And I don't understand...."

After the tenth or so revolution I interrupted and said, "Why do you keep asking questions
    when the other person clearly doesn't know the answer? Why don't you ask a conservative or a Republican?" They got up and left in a huff and don't speak to me.

Since all they wanted, and all most on this site want, is a pity party with people who agree with them they did the only rational action available. That's true of the knitting group, too. They don't want anyone around who doesn't agree with them politically. So, banning them is stupid but logical.

The same thing applies to all groups. It's the nature of most groups. They're clannish and all about exclusion. I met a man who raved about his golf club not over who was in the club but over who they kept out. The same goes for homeowners groups, too, doesn't it. And churches, for sure. I was a police officer for 29 years and there are few groups more clannish than police officers. Lawyers are, for sure, but not many others. And police officers exhibit the same poor, pitiful, me attitudes we see rampant.

And, before you give the expected responses, I don't belong to any group and don't know of one that wants me. It works out well.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    How come conservative sites are not banning liberals?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-24-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    I can seen why they would do this.

They don't want all their gals, and, trans-gals, getting upset reading posts that mention "Trump."

They shouldn't be reading online postings, anyways.

Them's got Pussy-Hats to knit!
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-24-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    How come conservative sites are not banning liberals?
    Because Conservatives tend to be open-minded ADULTS.......
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-24-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    Accuse them of backing white supremacy via supporting Trump.

This reminded me of my late friend @fyrenza so i stopped by.

Clownworld yall. Read the twitter comments, most of the community support the ban. I call it the worsening...our culture..etc.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48767...ly-zanotti?amp
    I have always been interested in spinning and weaving, and 14 years ago, I finally took the plunge and purchased a $1400 loom. Then I took a look at Ravelry. Oh boy. They weren't going to be any help. Then I discovered that nearly everybody in the fiber crafts were liberal loons. Please note, I am not talking about sewists or quilters here, they're still sane. For the most part, anyway. Those folks in Cosplay are borderline kooks too.
    So, for now, my loom sits folded up and serving as a catch-all shelf in the spare room.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiser Now For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-24-2019)

Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    One of the sites approved knitting projects.

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    This, plus Goolog throwing their entire workforce into preventing anyone like Pres Trump from EVER winning again, and a report from an Alaskan Gov meeting that opened with "Hail satan!" pisses me right the hell off. We need to DO something!
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    What's worsening is whining and outright pity parties. Oh, the poor oppressed just can't get enough pity. Whether it's the poor, oppressed white people or the horribly oppressed and constantly under attack Christians or the people just looking for pity and sympathy it's become a sad cultural phenomena.

I don't really care if a site that's supposed to be about knitting goes political. The great thing about the internet is that there are other sites or, I know this is radical, people can form local clubs where people actually sit down and do whatever they enjoy together.

There is a local group where I lived called "Stitch and Bitch." It's women, although I suspect men would be welcome, and it's all liberal Democrats. They're almost as big on bitching as are most other people.

One characteristic of bitching is that you never, ever, under any circumstance include someone who might possibly disagree with you.

I was listening to two liberals at a coffee shop. "I don't understand why conservatives...." "Me, neither, and I don't understand why Republicans...." "Me, neither." "And I don't understand...."

After the tenth or so revolution I interrupted and said, "Why do you keep asking questions
    when the other person clearly doesn't know the answer? Why don't you ask a conservative or a Republican?" They got up and left in a huff and don't speak to me.

Since all they wanted, and all most on this site want, is a pity party with people who agree with them they did the only rational action available. That's true of the knitting group, too. They don't want anyone around who doesn't agree with them politically. So, banning them is stupid but logical.

The same thing applies to all groups. It's the nature of most groups. They're clannish and all about exclusion. I met a man who raved about his golf club not over who was in the club but over who they kept out. The same goes for homeowners groups, too, doesn't it. And churches, for sure. I was a police officer for 29 years and there are few groups more clannish than police officers. Lawyers are, for sure, but not many others. And police officers exhibit the same poor, pitiful, me attitudes we see rampant.

And, before you give the expected responses, I don't belong to any group and don't know of one that wants me. It works out well.
    I've noticed that in groups conservatives tolerate liberals having an opinion, but never the other way around.
    Last edited by Steezer/Turn Right; 06-24-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Knitting needles as weapons. Yikes!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-24-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    They've closed their registration.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-24-2019)

Thread Information