User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TRUMP now calls off ICE raids for Sunday

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    You made a similar statement when President Trump capitulated on funding the government. He got nothing.
    He got a 160 billion dollar increase in much-needed defense spending which was his rationale for signing the budget bill, which he complained about and vowed never to sign one like it again.

It is unfortunate that purists ignore Trump's successes against a backdrop of unremitting hostility from congress (and the Democrat's media lapdogs) making the fact that he has managed to accomplish as much as he has, worthy of praise, not dismissive condemnation.

Jim

"Need" now means wanting someone else's (taxpayer) money. "Greed" means wanting to keep your own profit. "Compassion" is when a politician arranges the transfer. - Joseph Sobran

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

2cent (06-23-2019),Brat (06-23-2019),Eighty Deuce (06-23-2019)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    You made a similar statement when President Trump capitulated on funding the government. He got nothing.
    You are picking the fly shit out of the pepper.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Jim Scott (06-23-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Scott View Post
    He got a 160 billion dollar increase in much-needed defense spending which was his rationale for signing the budget bill, which he complained about and vowed never to sign one like it again.

It is unfortunate that purists ignore Trump's successes against a backdrop of unremitting hostility from congress (and the Democrat's media lapdogs) making the fact that he has managed to accomplish as much as he has, worthy of praise, not dismissive condemnation.

Jim

Yes, and thank you. Amazing how some can be so dismissive of his accomplishments, starting here, if anyone cares to count them all...
    President Donald J. Trump's Accomplishments List | MAGA PILL
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Eighty Deuce (06-23-2019),Jim Scott (06-23-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Yes, and thank you. Amazing how some can be so dismissive of his accomplishments, starting here, if anyone cares to count them all...
    President Donald J. Trump's Accomplishments List | MAGA PILL
    Suffice it to say, IMMHO, that we have posters here who claim to be GOP/Conservatives, but who are the RINO's they accuse everyone else of being. Not the folks who I want in my foxhole, as they appear to run as cowards at the first provocation. Pelosi surprised me on this. She either figures she can delay Trump for two weeks and gain some better political advantage, which I do not see. Or, she has had an epiphany about finally getting the D-rats to get on board with an immigration compromise to Trump's liking. I cannot imagine the latter, which leaves me looking at a horribly misplayed move by her.

Just as with his restraint with the Iranians, Trump now has Pelosi set up to drop the hammer while saying "I tried to negotiate. I showed restraint. They were not interested in a civil solution". Pelosi is now on the clock. 13 days left.
    A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eighty Deuce For This Useful Post:

Jim Scott (06-24-2019),msc (06-24-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks

Jim

He shut down the government over wall funding. He did not get the funds. He capitulated. This is not about unrelated successes. This is about his failures. And yours.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Jeannie (06-24-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    You are picking the fly shit out of the pepper.
    Right. Every time President Trump capitulates the Happy Chorus kicks right in. Every time it is the same.

When will we see results? Or do you not care about results?
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 06-24-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    He shut down the government over wall funding. He did not get the funds. He capitulated. This is not about unrelated successes. This is about his failures. And yours.
    Well,that certainly puts the president as well as this humble poster in our place. Fortunately, I think we'll both survive your criticism.

It is true that President Trump conceded to drop his request for the border wall and 're-opened' government to avoid chaos at airports and a backlash that would hurt Trump and the GOP. However, he did get 1.3.5 billion for new fencing on the border but far less than what he wanted and compromises were made to get that.

Its obvious that while the president is sincere about securing the U.S.-Mexican border, he stands almost alone in Washington on the issue despite the majority of the American people wanting to stop illegal immigration.

This is frustrating and while it demonstrates the total lack of interest in both parties in doing the people's will, it cannot be said that President Trump has not tried, only to have his requests for money to build the wall denied by congress or his other moves immediately blocked by liberal judges. Trump, despite the left's attempted characterization of him as a modern day Hitler, is constitutionally constrained by the political system in which he must work, specifically stopping illegal immigration. He cannot simply appropriate the billions to build the wall although I'm sure he would if he could but I would rather have the constitutional restraints in place all the same.

I'll assume that most TPF members that support the president are not blind to his failures but see them mostly as successes for the leftist Washington Establishment (and the overwhelming majority of RINOs in congress) that bitterly oppose Trump at every turn.

That you and others will be quick to criticize Trump when he doesn't deliver on a campaign promise that he has tried to accomplish and dismiss those who support him is certainly your prerogative - this is an opinion forum - but it is an echo of the leftist media criticism of the president that is always with us and on this forum seems unnecessarily negative as well as needlessly contemptuous.

However, your point is taken and your criticism of President Trump is not without merit but is without context. I hope to have provided such context and having zero interest in hashing over the same points, will exit the thread.

Jim

"Need" now means wanting someone else's (taxpayer) money. "Greed" means wanting to keep your own profit. "Compassion" is when a politician arranges the transfer. - Joseph Sobran

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (06-24-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by misterveritis View Post
    right. Every time president trump capitulates the happy chorus kicks right in. Every time it is the same.

tds
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 06-24-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks
    Well,that certainly puts the president as well as this humble poster in our place. Fortunately, I think we'll both survive your criticism.

No doubt. I wonder what your song and dance will be the next time President Trump capitulates?
    It is true that President Trump conceded to drop his request for the border wall and 're-opened' government to avoid chaos at airports and a backlash that would hurt Trump and the GOP. However, he did get 1.3.5 billion for new fencing on the border but far less than what he wanted and compromises were made to get that.
    No. He got nothing.
    Its obvious that while the president is sincere about securing the U.S.-Mexican border, he stands almost alone in Washington on the issue despite the majority of the American people wanting to stop illegal immigration.
    True. And irrelevant.
    This is frustrating and while it demonstrates the total lack of interest in both parties in doing the people's will, it cannot be said that President Trump has not tried, only to have his requests for money to build the wall denied by congress or his other moves immediately blocked by liberal judges. Trump, despite the left's attempted characterization of him as a modern day Hitler, is constitutionally constrained by the political system in which he must work, specifically stopping illegal immigration. He cannot simply appropriate the billions to build the wall although I'm sure he would if he could but I would rather have the constitutional restraints in place all the same.
    President Trump has done many wonderful things. He has also capitulated. I worry about his growing list of capitulations.

I'll assume that most TPF members that support the president are not blind to his failures but see them mostly as successes for the leftist Washington Establishment (and the overwhelming majority of RINOs in congress) that bitterly oppose Trump at every turn.
    Many of you will sing your song and dance no matter what.

That you and others will be quick to criticize Trump when he doesn't deliver on a campaign promise that he has tried to accomplish and dismiss those who support him is certainly your prerogative - this is an opinion forum - but it is an echo of the leftist media criticism of the president that is always with us and on this forum seems unnecessarily negative as well as needlessly contemptuous.
    You err. I wonder about you. I have criticized President Trump only when he deserves it. He has violated the Constitution with his attacks on the Syrian air fields. He has capitulated three times now without a good explanation.

However, your point is taken and your criticism of President Trump is not without merit but is without context. I hope to have provided such context and having zero interest in hashing over the same points, will exit the thread.
    Jim

I understand your need to leave. You have to prepare your next song and dance routine.

Last edited by MisterVeritis; 06-24-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    Every time president trump capitulates the happy chorus kicks right in. Every time it is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    tds
    You are out of gas.

Thread Information