User Tag List

Thread: Arizona Has A Wild Burro Problem...

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks

Angry Arizona Has A Wild Burro Problem...

Arizona has a wild burro problem. In fact, we have more wild burros than any other state in the country. Brought to Arizona in 1860’s by prospectors and then subsequently abandoned, these non-native species have rapidly reproduced to unsustainable levels. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) estimates that roughly 6,900 burros roam the western half of our state—over four times the maximum determined capacity of the lands.

This overpopulation harms local ecosystems through crowding out native flora and fauna and overgrazing of the land. As a result of overgrazing, many of the burros are now dying of starvation. Around populous areas, the burros have become a serious safety concern. In 2018, there were 21 reported accidents in Bullhead City alone involving burro fatalities resulting from one walking onto a highway.

We in Arizona take seriously the problem of human safety associated with these burros, and of course, the plight of these critters as well. Unfortunately, we have bigger problems in Washington D.C. with the larger variety of JACKASSES wondering through the halls of Congress getting nothing done to fix the nations problems at our border. Not to mention, the insane immigration policies promulgated and sustained by democrats for votes from Illegals, making a mockery of both our Constitution and rule-of-law!

Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 07-19-2019 at 05:41 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (07-19-2019),dinosaur (07-19-2019),DLLS (07-20-2019),Kris P Bacon (07-21-2019),Rutabaga (07-19-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Maybe Arizona should consider a hunting season ... for the burros.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    AZ has many wild mustangs as well...

"The nose, knows"

@Auntifa,,,when the shooting starts, don't run, you'll only die tired...

#walkaway

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    Arizona has a wild burro problem. In fact, we have more wild burros than any other state in the country. Brought to Arizona in 1860’s by prospectors and then subsequently abandoned, these non-native species have rapidly reproduced to unsustainable levels. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) estimates that roughly 6,900 burros roam the western half of our state—over four times the maximum determined capacity of the lands.

This overpopulation harms local ecosystems through crowding out native flora and fauna and overgrazing of the land. As a result of overgrazing, many of the burros are now dying of starvation. Around populous areas, the burros have become a serious safety concern. In 2018, there were 21 reported accidents in Bullhead City alone involving burro fatalities resulting from one walking onto a highway.

We in Arizona take seriously the problem of human safety associated with these burros, and of course, the plight of these critters as well. Unfortunately, we have bigger problems in Washington D.C. with the larger variety of JACKASSES wondering through the halls of Congress getting nothing done to fix the nations problems at our border. Not to mention, the insane immigration policies promulgated and sustained by democrats for votes from Illegals, making a mockery of both our Constitution and rule-of-law!

yes, many of the braying jackasses have migrated into dc and taken up prominent rolls in our government.

"The nose, knows"

@Auntifa,,,when the shooting starts, don't run, you'll only die tired...

#walkaway

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (07-21-2019),S-N-A-F-U (07-19-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    yes, many of the braying jackasses have migrated into dc and taken up prominent rolls in our government.

Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (07-21-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    This burro

Is cuter and more intelligent than this jackass
    Regarding my avatar: I am the one on your left as you view it

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (07-20-2019),Rutabaga (07-21-2019),sargentodiaz (07-21-2019)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Maybe Arizona should consider a hunting season ... for the burros.
    What would you do with a dead burro?
    I can only imagine a depredation hunt, where the carcasses would be tested for disease, and then processed as pet food or zoo fodder.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post

Back in the day, I was riding the U.S. on my motorcycle and stopped in Oatman, Arizona. A 95-year old woman struck up a conversation and she was fascinating as she talked about life in Oatman in 1926. Her husband, "...was a gold-minin' man, don'tcha know." She also mentioned her husband was town marshall for three years.

"Did anything exciting ever happen?"
    "Oh, my, yes. One day a burro got in a poison spring and went crazy. It came into town biting and kicking and my husband had to shoot it and haul the carcass out of town."

My favorite was when she pointed to the new steel building that housed a grocery store. "That's where we had the open air dance hall. There was 15,000 men and 26 women. My we had some times back then. I'd dance all night long."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (07-21-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Back in the day, I was riding the U.S. on my motorcycle and stopped in Oatman, Arizona. A 95-year old woman struck up a conversation and she was fascinating as she talked about life in Oatman in 1926. Her husband, "...was a gold-minin' man, don'tcha know." She also mentioned her husband was town marshall for three years.

"Did anything exciting ever happen?"
    "Oh, my, yes. One day a burro got in a poison spring and went crazy. It came into town biting and kicking and my husband had to shoot it and haul the carcass out of town."

My favorite was when she pointed to the new steel building that housed a grocery store. "That's where we had the open air dance hall. There was 15,000 men and 26 women. My we had some times back then. I'd dance all night long."

50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Fixed the video for ya'

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    AZ has many wild mustangs as well...

Make America Greater. Nix the "again", because America was always great.

Thread Information