User Tag List

Thread: SEAL Gallagher still facing murder charges even after another SEAL confesses

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks

SEAL Gallagher still facing murder charges even after another SEAL confesses

SEAL Gallagher still facing murder charges even after another SEAL confesses to the murder

AW1Ed | June 21, 2019 |

Navy Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher leaves a military courtroom on Naval Base San Diego with his wife, Andrea Gallagher. (Andrew Dyer/San Diego Union-Tribune/TNS)

I think we’re all pretty much up to speed on SOC Gallagher’s court-martial and the stunning court room confession of another SEAL, who claims he was the one who killed the ISIS Jihadist and not Gallagher. That this was completely unexpected and torpedoes the Prosecutions case should go without saying. Should go, but doesn’t…

I received an email from ChipNASA with an update, and I haven’t seen many messages with that number of obscenities lately. In the name of decorum we all expect here at TAH, I redacted his message. Here it is.

“OK, Xxxx these xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. Xxxx them right in the xxxxhole, xxxxxxx xxxxwads.
    XXXX these prosecutors. Doubling down.
    XXXX THEM.”

Well said, Chip. His major complaint is the prosecutes are doubling down, here:

Navy prosecutors intend to continue moving forward with premeditated murder charges against Special Operations Chief Eddie Gallagher, despite shocking testimony on Thursday from another SEAL that he was the one who had killed a captured ISIS fighter in Mosul in 2017 – not Gallagher.

Brian O’Rourke, Navy Region Southwest spokesman for Commander Rear Adm. Bette Bolivar, told the Navy Times that the Navy “will not be dropping premeditated murder charges against Chief Petty Officer Gallagher, despite Petty Officer [Corey] Scott’s testimony. The credibility of a witness is for the jury to decide.”

Scott on Thursday revealed under oath – and under the protection of immunity that was granted by the government – that he, Gallagher and others had treated the ISIS fighter when he was brought in to Seal Team 7 for about 20 minutes. The detainee appeared to be stabilized but then Gallagher stabbed the ISIS fighter below his collarbone, Scott had testified.

Then, Scott, a SEAL medic, went over and made the decision to cover the ISIS fighter’s breathing tube so he would die by asphyxiation, or suffocation, which he did.

“I knew he was going to die anyway, and I wanted to save him from waking up to whatever would happen to him,” Scott said during his testimony, the Navy Times reported.

So the prosecution will carry on, their case shattered. Again. Perhaps they’re really hoping the witnesses who saw SOC Gallagher snipe the old man and little girl will pull through for them.

Somehow I doubt it.

More to read here: American Military News
    The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time. — JUSTICE GEORGE SUTHERLAND (1938)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Someone up high in the Deep State is pushing this!

They want a return to the soft on Muslims Obama Military..........
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-22-2019),Lone Gunman (06-22-2019)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    military court.
    Μολών λαβέ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-22-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    The admiral who started this left (don't know why) in Mar 2019 to be replaced by this guy. A cuse of ring-knocker PYA. I also what will happen to the JAG who started this in the first place. How was he so stupid that he thought SEALS would turn against one another?
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-22-2019),Lone Gunman (06-22-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    And what is it, that wise ol' Swedgin tells you folks at least once (or four, or fifty!) times a week????????

"The LAST place, to find 'Justice,' in North America....is an American courtroom....."

Guilty, innocent...once you enter that lions den of puffed up, important people, you are effectively at the whim of their desires. Right, wrong, good, evil, guilty or innocent are ALL secondary to the immediate and personal agenda of the attorney's and Judge, in charge.....

Even in a Military tribunal.....

DO NOT EXPECT JUSTICE from people who think it is THEIRS to decide, and give away, on arbitrary whims......
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Reasonable doubt has been established.

If the trial was ended, he could be tried again. If the jury renders a not guilty verdict, he cannot be tried again.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (06-24-2019),Swedgin (06-24-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
    The admiral who started this left (don't know why) in Mar 2019 to be replaced by this guy. A cuse of ring-knocker PYA. I also what will happen to the JAG who started this in the first place. How was he so stupid that he thought SEALS would turn against one another?
    The problem is they did in fact turn against each other, this whole thing was started by other SEALs in his team that can’t stand the man.

This should have never came to light, the public and higher should have never known about it. The reason they do is because SEALs on his own team ratted the guy out. That team was broken and in affective from the start, you can’t have this type of petty jealousy and infighting in a SOP team. When you do this is what happens, this never should have seen the light of day.

Now one of them is going to save him on the stand that’s great, but it never should of got there and they have only themselves to blame for it.
    Last edited by Crusader; 06-24-2019 at 05:49 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (06-24-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Something has gone very wrong with the Navy's Special Operations Command if stuff like this happens. These men have teamwork drummed into them from the second they enter training. Every operation depends upon each member of the team covering the other's back. There is no room for less than absolute trust in the man next to you.

So, what's going on?
    Why is this happening?
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Crusader (06-24-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
    Something has gone very wrong with the Navy's Special Operations Command if stuff like this happens. These men have teamwork drummed into them from the second they enter training. Every operation depends upon each member of the team covering the other's back. There is no room for less than absolute trust in the man next to you.

So, what's going on?
    Why is this happening?
    I think it’s the Hollywood effect, they’ve become more interested in the myth then the job.

They need to take a que from the Green Berets who’s motto is ‘the quiet professionals’.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (06-26-2019)

Thread Information