User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Joe: Trump Admin most corrupt since Harding

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks

Morning Joe: Trump Admin most corrupt since Harding

Morning Joe: Trump Administration Most Corrupt Since Harding

ocument" about="/blogs/nb/gregory-price/2019/06/11/morning-joe-trump-administration-most-corrupt-harding">
    Share Tweet 44 Print Reddit

By Gregory Price | June 11, 2019 6:17 PM EDT
    On Monday, Politico ran a story alleging that Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao had steered DOT grants to Kentucky to benefit her husband, Kentucky Senator and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Her office fired back, saying that the projects went through the normal protocol and that they were “selectively isolated to misrepresent the work DOT does across the country.”
    For MSNBC, this was apparently the biggest scandal since Teapot Dome. On a Tuesday segment of Morning Joe, Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson made the wildly a historical and factually inaccurate claims that the Trump administration is the most corrupt since that of President Harding and that the Obama administration was “the cleanest we had seen in a long time”:

Yeah, I mean, I think you have to go back to the Harding Administration at least to find this level of corruption. I mean let’s call it what it is, it is, to me, this is corruption. And Elaine Chao is not the only example. You just kind of work your way through that swamp creature cabinet of Donald Trump's and then down in the agencies and you just see the most amazing sort of self-dealing and self-enrichment. That’s what he’s brought to Washington. That’s what he’s augmented. After, you know, he follows perhaps the cleanest administration, I should note, that we’ve seen in a long time. Remember in the Obama years, nobody got indicted, nobody got arrested, nobody got convicted. And here we are in what just is a cesspool. It is breathtaking. But, again, that is who Donald Trump is.

If you’re like Eugene Robinson and don’t know much about history, President Warren G. Harding (1921-1923) led one of the most corrupt administrations in American history.

In addition to his extramarital affairs, his Attorney General Harry Daugherty accepted bribes not to prosecute certain cases, his Veterans Bureau Director Charles Forbes was sent to prison for conspiracy to defraud the government, and, most famously, his Interior Secretary Albert Fall became the first cabinet official to ever be convicted of a felony for taking half a million dollars from private business in exchange for leases to government oil reserves at Teapot Dome. Out of these scandals came legislation that gave the House and Senate subpoena power over tax records of any American citizen.

President Obama also did not have the “cleanest administration we’ve seen in a long time.” His administration was rife with scandal from Benghazi, to Fast and Furious where he used executive privilege to shield AG Eric Holder from testifying, to the NSA Spying Scandal where DNI James Clapper committed perjury before Congress, to the VA scandal, to his use of the IRS to target conservative 501c3s, to his use of the DOJ to spy on the Associated Press and then-Fox News D.C. Correspondent James Rosen. Obama administration officials are still causing scandals by meeting with Iranian leaders about American foreign policy.

Even if the allegations against Secretary Chao are true that she used her position at DOT to help her husband’s re-election campaign, Eugene Robinson’s claims are still completely off-based.

Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-12-2019),Lone Gunman (06-11-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Thanks
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-12-2019),Daily Bread (06-12-2019),JustPassinThru (06-12-2019),Kris P Bacon (06-11-2019),Lone Gunman (06-11-2019),riderboy (06-12-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    I don't know where people are seeing corruption, are they confusing action and progress, with corruption?

Apparently, the previous administration has all but been forgotten. (Now, there was corruption, as we are now seeing.)
    ...you can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me.......GUNS 'N ROSES

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abbey1 For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-12-2019),HawkTheSlayer (06-12-2019),Lone Gunman (06-11-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    liberals attacking a black man for his honesty and moral commitment to his country.
    i think Warren died because he did find out about teapot domes
    Last edited by jirqoadai; 06-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey1 View Post
    I don't know where people are seeing corruption, are they confusing action and progress, with corruption?

Apparently, the previous administration has all but been forgotten. (Now, there was corruption, as we are now seeing.)
    It's just writing the Daily Narrative.

Repeat it often enough, and those poor saps on the dark side of the Bell Curve...will believe it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-12-2019),riderboy (06-12-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Trump is, hands down, THE most corrupt President, who has left absolutely no evidence of corruption, EVER!

(I think....he may actually be the criminal mastermind behind SPECTRE. Thus, the reason a British spy was so doggedly after him. Well, that and the money from Fusion GPS.....)
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Our libel laws need to be strengthened. Joe Scarborough is a clown and I despise him. I hope this scandal ensnares him and his bitch wife, the Russian girl, Mika. /pfft
    "You liberals are the most dishonest group ever assembled and you are far worse than the collective idiot hippy liberals of the 60s" -Common

Can you spot a communist?

FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (06-12-2019),ruthless terrier (06-12-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You almost have to feel sorry for these TOOLS of the Democommie party. They have to LIE LIE LIE and the people are SICK OF THEM ALL. I won't watch morning Joe because, I don't want to puke that early. he thinks he can make up shit and WE THE PEOPLE who elected Trump will listen, THINK AGAIN you tool, sheep, cult member of that MOST CORRUPTED party EVER, the Democommie party
    Yep that's why the sleeping Giant of Americans got rid of that thug Obama and his commie hand picked witch Hillary in a pant suit and put in PRESIDENT TRUMP.

what gets me is these freaking Libs/Democommie cult members truly believe THEY ARE THE MAJORITY when WE JUST PROVED THEM SO WRONG. I LMAO AT THEM

14. The Following User Says Thank You to memesofine For This Useful Post:

ruthless terrier (06-12-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    they are clowns but not harmless. the zombies still believe what they are told to believe. the commie mission is hell bent on destroying Trump. in doing so they seek to destroy the people who elected him as well.
    “As sure as God made black and white .. what's down in the dark will be brought to the light.” - Johnny Cash

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey1 View Post

We all saw corruption in the Obama administration when it was busy corrupting but the media protected Obama better than the Secret Service. Fast and Furious, Hugo Chavez, Castro, Lois Lerner and the not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS, Bowe Bergdahl, spying on the Trump campaign and prepping for the coup.

President Obama hates America and will work for our destruction.

Thread Information