User Tag List

Thread: Ohio police release body camera footage of LEO punching man during shots-fired incide

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks

Ohio police release body camera footage of LEO punching man during shots-fired incide

Ohio police release body camera footage of LEO punching man during shots-fired incident

The video compiles footage from three body cameras and two cruiser cameras showing at least three people being taken into custody after a shooting was reported
    Today at 9:33 AM

Ceili Doyle
    The Columbus Dispatch, Ohio

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Columbus police released more than 49 minutes of video footage Monday in connection with an incident in which an officer punched a man who refused to comply with police instructions to stay back from an investigation scene into a shots-fired report.

The video is a compilation of three officers' body cameras and two cruisers' video footage showing at least three people taken into custody after a shooting was reported by the ShotSpotter detection system on Friday in the 900 block of Heyl Avenue on the South Side. Though the scene is repeated from angles, the clearest footage of the incident appears to come at the 22-minute mark.

Columbus Division of Police body worn camera footage of Officer Anthony L. Johnson hitting Jonathan Robinson.

Jonathan Robinson, 25, refuses to get back and argues with Officer Carl Harmon after he stops a woman with two children Robinson later identifies as his children as they attempt to cross the street toward the house where the investigation is focused.

In the video Harmon shouted at Robinson to "get back!" after he followed the woman crossing the street.

"Or what?" Robinson said.

"Get back," Harmon repeated.

"Or what?" Robinson asked again.

Harmon told Robinson to back down again as Officer Anthony L. Johnson, holding a shotgun, approaches Robinson and orders him to back away. Robinson refused and Johnson pushes Robinson back with his left hand, according to court documents.

"Get the f**k off me," Robinson allegedly said as he squared off facing Johnson.

Johnson then punched Robinson in the left side of his face with his right hand. Robinson was immediately thrown to the ground and arrested. At least two others were handcuffed and taken into custody during the confusion that resulted as others reacted to Robinson being struck and arrested.

Over the weekend cellphone video of the incident went viral across social media and several people responded criticizing Johnson's use of force.

Johnson has various social media accounts, all under the user name "OhNoItsDaPoPo," documenting his extensive community outreach efforts.

Because the investigation into the incident and the officer's actions, Columbus police are not giving interviews or releasing further details at this time.
    If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    he didn't shoot the guy or taser him....and STILL the left has a bitching fit.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019),darroll (06-11-2019),Lone Gunman (06-11-2019)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    @Calypso Jones , I don’t know how that dances with kids video got in there. This is the pertinent video here.
    @DonGlock26 how do like that community unity?

The second view at 22:00 is a good one.
    Last edited by Big Dummy; 06-11-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (06-11-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    @Calypso Jones , I don’t know how that dances with kids video got in there. This is the pertinent video here.

It's okay/ I saw the right video because I cannot pick up youtube videos here AGAIN for some reason...so. I have to edit or go to youtube directly and search using your description. the problem is on my end.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-11-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Staying within arm's length after being instructed multiple times to back off probably was not smart.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019),darroll (06-11-2019),Lone Gunman (06-11-2019)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    he didn't shoot the guy or taser him....and STILL the left has a bitching fit.
    columbus, ohio.
    Μολών λαβέ

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019),darroll (06-11-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion EnderPosting Award
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post

When we locked up half the neighborhood, we called it the "family plan".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DonGlock26 For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The cops are responding to a call of shots fired, so they are in a crisis situation. They order this citizen too back up and he rejects their requests and does so in an aggressive fashion.

The officer does not tase him or hit him with a baton, etc. He goes old school, gives him a right hook. And still the complaints come.

What was the officers response supposed to be? Is he supposed to back down and allow the guy to walk towards the area where the shots were being fired?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    I wonder, what would any liberal do, if a person was advancing on them, aggressively, despite being told to, "back off"..... try talking to them, soothingly?

Chicken shit liberals would probably run away, screaming for the police.
    ...you can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me.......GUNS 'N ROSES

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbey1 For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019),DonGlock26 (06-12-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    BOOM! Right in the kisser.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rita Marley For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-11-2019),DonGlock26 (06-12-2019),Louise (06-12-2019)

Thread Information