Foxconn claims it can make all of Apple's iPhones outside China

Specifically, a senior executive says that Foxconn can make enough iPhones to supply the entire US market and do so out in territories that would avoid incurring any US/China tariffs.

According to Bloomberg, Young Liu, semiconductor division chief at Hon Hai, also known as Foxconn, was speaking at an investor briefing in Taipei.

"Twenty-five percent of our production capacity is outside of China," he said, "and we can help Apple respond to its needs in the US market. We have enough capacity to meet Apple's demand."
I doubt the MSM will give this message much play, as it doesn't fit their Trump's China tariffs will cause economic catastrophe narrative. And there's more to this than just Apple. A previous employer was a major manufacturer of tech products that got incorporated in larger tech systems. The particulars don't matter. One of the things those system manufacturers required of us was a "Plan B", how we would meet our commitments in the event of some natural disaster that shut down our main manufacturing facilities in China. IOW, US tech companies like Apple, Dell, Cisco, etc. are likely to have a "Plan B" that will evade the China tariffs.

In another product field, I recently looked at the labels for my athletic shirts and shoes. All are a year old or laess, and just one item, a pair of shores, had been manufactured in China. So having overseas manufacturing done outside of China is also happening in the apparel industry. The tariffs won't be invisible and harmless to every American, but they won't be scare-mongers' economic catastrophe.