Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm Not As Nice As People Think I Am

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    I consider myself to be as nice as your average Grizzly.

Truth Seeker, Alumni, V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Nice guys finish last. I don't know if that holds true for women or not!
    I've given a lot of thought about posting this, but I have to say - with no disrespect to you' - that you and I have lived in two different worlds.

All the men in my family and group of friends are "nice guys". They don't use curse words, they don't fight or push people around. They are nice, polite, respected and well liked by everyone.

They also hold some pretty impressive degrees, have done well for themselves and are still married to their nice girlfriends of their youth.

Also, 'nice girls' may not have been 'fun' for some in high school - BUT they were the ones the guys 'went steady' with and later married.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Jen (06-12-2019),OldSchool (06-12-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    I've given a lot of thought about posting this, but I have to say - with no disrespect to you' - that you and I have lived in two different worlds.

All the men in my family and group of friends are "nice guys". They don't use curse words, they don't fight or push people around. They are nice, polite, respected and well liked by everyone.

They also hold some pretty impressive degrees, have done well for themselves and are still married to their nice girlfriends of their youth.

Also, 'nice girls' may not have been 'fun' for some in high school - BUT they were the ones the guys 'went steady' with and later married.
    You are absolutely correct @potlatch ! I meant no disrespect to anyone that nice girls are never wanted. Sometimes my humor is way out in left field. Of course nice girls are wanted.

Back in the day I would have never looked at a girl that wasn't nice. I mean a trampy looking slut would never get a second look from me.

I guess we all are sums of our upbringing. My old man was a mean and nasty drunk. I am fortunate I was able to recognize this vile behavior and surround my life with what he WASN'T, if you know what I am saying. I did not want to be anything remotely recognizable as his "son".

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Jen (06-12-2019),OldSchool (06-12-2019),potlatch (06-12-2019)

Truth Seeker, Alumni, V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    You are absolutely correct @potlatch ! I meant no disrespect to anyone that nice girls are never wanted. Sometimes my humor is way out in left field. Of course nice girls are wanted.

Back in the day I would have never looked at a girl that wasn't nice. I mean a trampy looking slut would never get a second look from me.

I guess we all are sums of our upbringing. My old man was a mean and nasty drunk. I am fortunate I was able to recognize this vile behavior and surround my life with what he WASN'T, if you know what I am saying. I did not want to be anything remotely recognizable as his "son".
    Thank you Rickity, I appreciate your reply. Your first comment to me was in no way humorous and just hit a nerve in me.

You've always been polite and even 'nice', lol, on the forum and it's obvious you have made a good man of yourself despite your father. That's admirable.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Jen (06-12-2019),Rickity Plumber (06-12-2019)

Free Bird - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I consider myself to be as nice as your average Grizzly.
    Me too - I'm a teddy bear with teeth and claws.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (06-13-2019)

Thread Information