User Tag List

Thread: How Chick-fil-A Levels Up and Rules the Chain Restaurant Galaxy

Alumni & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

How Chick-fil-A Levels Up and Rules the Chain Restaurant Galaxy

Chick-fil-A is more than just the fast-food chicken restaurant some on the left love to hate. ...

It’s also more than that restaurant with the drive-thru line that leaks out onto nearby streets, yet somehow magically moves briskly despite it being three car lines across and dozens deep and run by a bunch of kids. Chick-fil-A is a fast-food juggernaut and a corporation the genius of which should not be overlooked.

Currently, despite having far fewer stores than McDonald’s and KFC, Chick-fil-A is building a more loyal fan base and a much more positive reputation. That’s not just good PR, it’s earned. ... The stores it does have are mega-successes and generate triple the revenue of KFC. In fact, Chick-fil-As earn more per store than McDonald's, Starbucks and Subway — combined. Even though Chick-fil-A restaurants have one fewer day every week to sell chicken because they're closed every Sunday.
    1. They’re fanatics — about service

Chick-fil-A is very selective with its franchisees. Only about 70 to 80 out of every 20,000 who apply for a Chick-fil-A franchise gets accepted by Chick-fil-A’s corporate office. Additionally, Chick-fil-A franchisees are prohibited from owning more than one Chick-fil-A, which is unusual in the franchise industry. ...

Why is Chick-fil-A so selective? They want be sure that their franchises all reflect the same quality and qualities nationwide. That means a commitment to great food and great service. Chick-fil-A staff are the most polite in the fast food world. If you’ve visited a Chick-fil-A anywhere, you know what that means. You hear staff say “please” and “thank you” because they are trained to be polite. The corporation insists on it. So no matter where you visit a Chick-fil-A, you can count on being treated well. No exceptions.
    2. They continuously improve based on what they see and hear
    3. They see the future and stay grounded in the present
    From a customer POV, their service is pretty amazing, beyond the fast-food norm and into good diner service territory. And as point #3 indicates, they are doing substantial improvements to meet the expectations of younger customers. Mrs. Traddles and I aren't "younger", but one recent change is the ability to order via their app, include in the order what table number we are sitting at, and have our meal brought to us - without standing in line to order.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (05-29-2019),darroll (05-29-2019),Jim Scott (05-29-2019),Kris P Bacon (05-29-2019),Rickity Plumber (05-29-2019),Swedgin (05-30-2019),teeceetx (05-29-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    One of the few fast food places I want to visit. I add "In-N-Out" to that as well.
    Last edited by teeceetx; 05-29-2019 at 02:55 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (05-29-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    One of the few fast food places I want to visit. I add "In-N-Out" to that as well.
    Every time I would return to Toledo, Ohio for a visit, I would hit up Frisch's Big Boy. A sit down and order hamburger joint with many locations up north in several states. The Big Boy hamburger was awesome.

Last time I went back, Frisch's was no where to be found. I was totally bummed. Bummed I tell you. Must be like Sonic locations. Once they were all over down here. Many closed up until there was only a couple open. Then before you know it, there is a Sonic on every corner again.

I want to try In n Out one day before I die also.

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post

From a customer POV, their service is pretty amazing, beyond the fast-food norm and into good diner service territory. And as point #3 indicates, they are doing substantial improvements to meet the expectations of younger customers. Mrs. Traddles and I aren't "younger", but one recent change is the ability to order via their app, include in the order what table number we are sitting at, and have our meal brought to us - without standing in line to order.
    They also say things like " My Pleasure" and other very polite things. Nice to hear in these days of pants around the knee thug style ghetto mumbo jumbo.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Foghorn (05-30-2019),Swedgin (05-30-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    I seldom eat fast food, but, when I have been to Chik Fil A, it has always been good. Good food, good service, and, a clean restaurant.
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Thread Information