User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rule of Law left....

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Rule of Law left....

...a long time ago.

When I first became a police officer we had some classes on the Constitution. At that time the Constitution prohibited double jeopardy. That was someone being tried repeatedly for the same criminal act. You could not charge someone in federal court for bank robbery and if they were acquitted charge them again in state court for armed robbery. As the lawyer explained, it was the criminal act that couldn't be adjudicated repeatedly. That's why you have to charge all relevant offenses at once. Okay, got it.

But then the leftists changed the rules. It isn't one trial for one criminal episode. Oh, no, it's one trial for each crime charged now or repeated trials in different courts. The officers who were convicted in state court for beating Rodney King didn't get sentences the leftists thought were appropriate so they tried them again in federal court.

I think Jussie Smollett should be tried and serve time for being a supported of President Obama's racist views but his stunt was one criminal episode. But in pursuing his bogus claim he lied sixteen times so they charged him with sixteen felonies.

In thefts the dollar amount of the theft separates misdemeanors and felonies. Perhaps a guy who steals $130 out of a cash register, which would have been a misdemeanor, can be charged with 130 misdemeanors with 130 six-months sentences to run consecutively because he voted Republican.

I realize it would drive the Democrats even farther into the loony bin but we need to return to a Rule of Law and to a government restricted, as intended, by a Constitution and not one that runs by royal fiat.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (05-23-2019),Foghorn (05-23-2019),HawkTheSlayer (05-23-2019),Hillofbeans (05-23-2019),justapirate (05-23-2019),Kris P Bacon (05-23-2019),Swedgin (05-23-2019)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Far to many cops are either misinformed or ignorant of the laws they are tasked with enforcing. I dont say this to pick a fight, just stating what I have seen.
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (05-23-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Aliens from the planet Gryton swing by every few years to check up on our progress as a species.

"Nope, no signs of intelligent life forms yet", read the latest report.

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Far to many cops are either misinformed or ignorant of the laws they are tasked with enforcing. I dont say this to pick a fight, just stating what I have seen.
    Unfortunately, this is correct.
    If you absolutely cannot find any employment, the local sheriff's department will make you a deputy here.

If you asked one of the local road deputies 'what is the constitution' , he'd tell you it was frozen orange juice in a can.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (05-23-2019),Kris P Bacon (05-23-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    First off, thank you for your service on the Thin Blue Line between civilization and chaos.

Second, like you, I feel that the "Rule of Law" is swiftly dying in our nation, which is typical of dying civilizations (Which, ours is...)

That said, we both know that Smollet will face NO other charges.

FUCK the law. FUCK right and wrong.

This is entirely about how the Aristocrats seek to hold power. Dim's are not going to anger their own voting base, right and wrong, the rule of law, be damned. And Pug's? Much for the same reason, actually, even though, they would not be angering their own voting block. They are still far more concerned with the possibility of angering (and thus motivating) "the other side" to get out and vote, so....fuck all this Rule of Law shit.

Instead, our system of "justice" will continue to devolve, just as our species continues in the same direction. Much as it was in the Middle Ages, the "Law" is simply a "tool." A tool to be used for whatever purpose the attorney, judge, or politician needs at the time.

And, they will continue to use it for their own purposes, regardless.

That is, until it finally collapses. At which point, the very people who have used the Rule of Law as their own personal tools, will find that the NEW rule of law (Mob violence) turned on them with a passion of horrors.

IF I am still around, I will whisper, "I told you so...."

Maybe they will finally listen....right before being marched to the hanging tree, or, in front of the firing squad....
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    A good example of disappearing rule of law is democrats ignore and break federal immigration law

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillofbeans For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (05-23-2019),Swedgin (05-23-2019)

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Legalized Drugs and decriminalization of many Felonies to Misdemeanors

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    I agree, and also in many municipalities the police motto is "To protect the politicians we serve."
    I have a marvelous economy with words.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (05-23-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Aliens from the planet Gryton swing by every few years to check up on our progress as a species.

"Nope, no signs of intelligent life forms yet", read the latest report.
    Actually, I would think that they would have made notations that the current 'superior' species is in a devolutionary arc....will likely be back up in the trees throwing turds at each other within a few generations.

Some, have already started with the turd-slinging.

SPECIAL NOTE: Species may even die off, if they continue with the butt buggering trend....
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    They write laws faster than I can read them. I think that's the plan. Our city ordinance book was three inches thick. State Statutes took up volumes. And then there's federal laws. And all of those are modified or made void by court decisions.

I went through the ordinances and recommended over 30% to be deleted. They were seriously out of date, not enforced, and some were no longer legal. Laws get written in haste and rarely ever get removed. I think all laws should have a sunset date for review. I also think all laws shouldhave an introductory paragraph of why they're being passed and being used for some other purpose, such as a coup against a sitting president, would be prohibited.

Police officers are no more law enforcers than a carpenter is a hammer pounder. Police officers are tasked, in my opinion, with making their community a safe and pleasant place to live. If they don't enforce the law sufficiently or if they enforce the law excessively then the community is neither safe nor pleasant.

In an argument about the debacle in Waco, Texas, involving David Coresh, an FBI agent was arguing that the FBI and other agencies violated no laws and broke no regulations. I wouldn't even argue that but accept they followed all the laws and all the procedures and were responsible for over 80 deaths would seem to indicate they didn't do their job well.
    Last edited by patrickt; 05-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (05-23-2019)

Thread Information