Thread: The Marines take a stand against gender integration

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks

The Marines take a stand against gender integration

Oh, Here We Go….

Ex-PH2 | May 20, 2019 |

There seems to be no end to this debate.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...mp-on-horizon/

“Our drill instructors stay with their recruits 24 hours a day, seven days a week the entire time they are there,” Neller told reporters at a televised Pentagon briefing on Wednesday. “So I am not considering having men and women live together in an open squad bay.”

Parris Island, South Carolina, is the only partially gender integrated recruit training depot in the Marine Corps. Female Marines do not attend boot camp at the Corps’ other recruit depot located in San Diego.

“Army, Navy and Air Force managed to integrate boot camp without violating the statute,”said ret. Navy Capt. Lory Manning, director of government operations at the Service Women’s Action Network. “Why can’t the Marine Corps do the same? Drill instructors may be present 24-7, but they are not housed in the recruit barracks, so their continual presence is not a violation of the statute he mentions.” — Article

That’s the meat of the argument: not whether or not male and female recruits should train together, but whether or not they should share the same living space. Manning’s argument dismisses the real issue, which is that horny teens/young adults away from home full-time in any environment are going to misbehave. Or was nothing learned from the co-ed college dorms issues in the 1970s, and the nonsense ongoing later on at the military academies by the few who gave the rest a bad name? If it isn’t normal for close quarters like pigboats to drive a few sailors to take nekkid photos of their female shipmates in the shower, then why are the rape list compilers on the Florida not being punished? https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...sed-submarine/

Let me explain hormones and physiological chemistry to Ms. Manning: when you are in an intense atmosphere, whether it is boot training, or a pig boat at depth, or in the shoot-shoot-bang-bang arena, your hormone levels rise, adrenaline flows like water, and all the Powder Paint Presentations designed to guarantee a sleeping audience will be a waste of time and energy. This is true in warfare and in training, and likewise true in any circumstance where someone feels or is threatened but survives. As I learned in a bioscience class a long time before Ms. Manning was even a twinkle in her daddy’s eye, reproduction is the Number One survival drive. If that is satisfied, thirst is next/2nd. If that’s satisfied, hunger is Number Three.

Once you understand that basic biology lesson, you can tell me why you think it’s a good idea to cram kids together into an environment that affords nearly no privacy and has very little room for modesty at all. You can also explain to me and to a former USAF officer now in Congress, why reporting assault when you’re on active duty will make you look like the bad guy. Or must we go over that Tailhook-drunken jet jockeys stuff again?

If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (05-20-2019),Jim Scott (05-20-2019),Rutabaga (05-20-2019),teeceetx (05-20-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    "They say in the Marine Corps the women are mighty fine
    They look like Phyllis Diller and walk like Frankenstein"

From an old cadence
    Regarding my avatar: I am the one on your left as you view it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (05-21-2019)

Thread Information