User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    I still like and go to the Drudge Report a couple of times a day to see what's happening. And what's happening isn't always complimentary to Trump - it's the news! Drudge doesn't 'make' the news, he posts an aggregation of links from other news sites. I don't go there expecting a 'love-fest'.

No question, he isn't always happy with some of the things the President does, especially concerning his original promises that haven't come to pass yet. To be honest, a lot of people feel like that and even post it here.

I went to Breitbart's site and saw a number of articles that are critical of Trump - the difference is that Drudge just 'links' and often makes a more bombastic title. [And a little secret, he has workers that do most of that]
    Isn't Bannon running Breitbart now? He is still pro-Trump he just tries to keep President Trump on the right track. The swamp is sneak & can veer him off course if he is not watching. Also I think Bannon & President Trump still work together where Bannon can have a bit more.....flexibility to snooker the left with certain stories. Essentially baiting the left.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

potlatch (05-17-2019)

Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    IDK, to me it looks like Drudge just links what's news. Sometimes it's MSM anti-Trump stories, sometimes it's stories about anti-Trump false narratives collapsing. Right now the top corner stories are about D Presidential candidates, because that's what that circus does (and probably is intended, by the Dems, to do), garner headlines. To me Drudge is approximately neutral. If I want news with a conservative focus I go to PJMedia/Instapundit, Hot Air, and Power Line.

Therein lies the issue. Drudge PICKS and CHOOSES what stories to post. It isn't some random, unbiased collection.

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    IDK, to me it looks like Drudge just links what's news. Sometimes it's MSM anti-Trump stories, sometimes it's stories about anti-Trump false narratives collapsing. Right now the top corner stories are about D Presidential candidates, because that's what that circus does (and probably is intended, by the Dems, to do), garner headlines. To me Drudge is approximately neutral. If I want news with a conservative focus I go to PJMedia/Instapundit, Hot Air, and Power Line.
    When it comes to Trump, the articles he links are far from neutral, usually from anti-Trump organizations. You never see him link say a Gateway Pundit article, yet jumps right in with the usual CNN, Buzzfeed, etc links who are known Trump hating sites that have had many articles to be proven false.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Or has anyone else noticed Drudge seems to be, in more recent months, framing headlines toward an anti-Trump bias?
    Longer than that.
    I have a marvelous economy with words.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (05-17-2019),Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Gift Giver - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    Isn't Bannon running Breitbart now? He is still pro-Trump he just tries to keep President Trump on the right track. The swamp is sneak & can veer him off course if he is not watching. Also I think Bannon & President Trump still work together where Bannon can have a bit more.....flexibility to snooker the left with certain stories. Essentially baiting the left.
    I somehow doubt it.....
    Steve Bannon is 'Schizophrenic,' Matt Drudge Says After New Trump Tower Meeting Revelations

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-banno...mueller-769489

From a 2017 article;
    Bannon's Next Move: A Return To Breitbart And Possible War With Drudge

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adriancarrasquillo/bannons-next-move-a-return-to-breitbart-and-possible-war

9. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    I somehow doubt it.....
    Steve Bannon is 'Schizophrenic,' Matt Drudge Says After New Trump Tower Meeting Revelations

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-banno...mueller-769489

From a 2017 article;
    Bannon's Next Move: A Return To Breitbart And Possible War With Drudge

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adriancarrasquillo/bannons-next-move-a-return-to-breitbart-and-possible-war
    So Bannon through Breitbart is cockblocking Drudge to help President Trump.

And Drudge takes the bait.

Captain Cold

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Therein lies the issue. Drudge PICKS and CHOOSES what stories to post. It isn't some random, unbiased collection.
    With Drudge it is about the "headline" message...and then the clicky clickys follow from there to hundreds of other sites.

The headlines are increasingly anti-Trump, and that smacks of an agenda by Matt.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Gift Giver - V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So Bannon through Breitbart is cockblocking Drudge to help President Trump.

And Drudge takes the bait.

Lol, well that's your version of it and those are 2017 and 2018 articles.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    I won't view Drudge or Breitbart for years now.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Alumni & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    When it comes to Trump, the articles he links are far from neutral, usually from anti-Trump organizations. You never see him link say a Gateway Pundit article, yet jumps right in with the usual CNN, Buzzfeed, etc links who are known Trump hating sites that have had many articles to be proven false.
    Try looking at the left-hand column of sources toward the bottom of Drudge's main page. It's an alphabetical list, and you'll find Gateway Pundit along with ABC News, CNN, Hot Air and lots of others. I just moused-over the various articles. I did not see any from Gateway Pundit. I also did not see any from CNN. I saw one from Buzzfeed, but saw two or three from Breitbart.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-17-2019)

Thread Information