User Tag List

Thread: Adobe can go straight to hell

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks

Adobe can go straight to hell

I'd like to try to see them Sue anyone over this.
    Adobe Tells Users They Can Get Sued for Using Old Versions of Photoshop - VICE

Good luck people. By the way, bring it, and then go straight to hell.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Brat (05-15-2019),Canadianeye (05-15-2019),darroll (05-19-2019),Jim Scott (05-15-2019),Old Tex (05-15-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Well, they can be sued. Anyone can sue for anything. Collecting is another matter. But, it's a game. When I lived in Colorado, lawyers would file lawsuits in Grand Junction because it was as far from the major population centers as they could get. And, if you don't show up, you lose. And, we had a man in a wheelchair and a lawyer who formed a partnership to sue businesses. The guy in the wheelchair would find a supposed violation of ADA and the business, or their insurance company, would settle for $20k-$40k to avoid the expense and risk of going to court.

Hey, remember Apple sued Microsoft because Windows sort of looked and felt like Apple OS.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Confucius say: "Man who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly fingers"

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    This is their Creative Cloud, a software as a service program. You don't "buy" these versions.

Unlike Elements and Lightroom, which can still be purchased.

I have their last purchase version, Creative Suite 6. It wasn't cheap and it's a pain when buying new cameras since raw files aren't supported and I shoot in raw.

At some point I'll need to either go to the Creative Cloud or find other software. I detest Adobe for doing this.

Being held ransome for SAAS sucks.
    Last edited by MedicineBow; 05-16-2019 at 09:35 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MedicineBow For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (05-17-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    And, there are always alternatives. I don't get my knickers in a twist, I just find another program. Right now I use Snapseed but I'm not a professional photographer or into graphic art. I just like taking photos.

Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    And, there are always alternatives. I don't get my knickers in a twist, I just find another program. Right now I use Snapseed but I'm not a professional photographer or into graphic art. I just like taking photos.
    For me the issue is raw files. They can really be adjusted well in photoshop. Not all photo software has this capability.
    I may give professional photography a go once I fully retire from my current profession.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    In the USA any fool can sue anybody for anything.

I suppose that technically they might try to sue claiming that you don't own an old photoshop only licensed it and they are revoking the license.
    But if they do not reimburse you then you could easily countersue them and win. Except they are bigger and have more lawyers.

I guess the question is how to they know I still have photoshop 5 on my win98se or photoshop 7 on my xppro box.
    There was no way I was ever going to rent any software from anybody.

Push comes to shove get GIMP free and tell adobe where to stick it.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    I'd like to try to see them Sue anyone over this.
    Adobe Tells Users They Can Get Sued for Using Old Versions of Photoshop - VICE

Good luck people. By the way, bring it, and then go straight to hell.

Thanks

pro photo

Get a raw converter and use GIMP.

As to being a pro I say forget it.

Digital and the internet has made it impossible for the typical person to make money with writing, music, art, or photography.
    It is a very long tailed phenomenon where a handful do very well, some do okay, more make min wage, but most people don't make their expenses back.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineBow View Post
    For me the issue is raw files. They can really be adjusted well in photoshop. Not all photo software has this capability.
    I may give professional photography a go once I fully retire from my current profession.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sam browne For This Useful Post:

MedicineBow (05-19-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam browne View Post
    Get a raw converter and use GIMP.

As to being a pro I say forget it.

Digital and the internet has made it impossible for the typical person to make money with writing, music, art, or photography.
    It is a very long tailed phenomenon where a handful do very well, some do okay, more make min wage, but most people don't make their expenses back.
    I've researched a bunch about going pro. I realize the risks involved. As I said, I'm considering it. If I can make some money to help offset my costs I'd be happy. Still, its its mostly a love of photography for me. Spending $2,000 to refill a printer gets expensive.

I'll have to look into a raw converter. I've used GIMP on my linux machine, but not on my pc. Do you have any experience with raw converters?

Thanks
    I looked at going pro. I am a writer, photographer, and also wannabee music producer and art gallery owner.

The numbers just did not work. Not for any of those ideas.

I won my share of ribbons at a top national photo club.
    I looked at doing sports and event photog. And some other specialties but not weddings. Uncle Bob and his SLR killed that biz.
    I did some free lance newspaper work that was not paid just to help out local organisations.

Making a living at photography is just not in the cards for more than a few people these days.

Not sure about your printer. Depends how much you print and the size. what do you think your per square foot cost is?
    2000 to refill a printer sounds like a very large ink jet which does not make sense until after you are a successful pro.
    I had looked at getting a large printer but found it more cost effective to use one of the many labs.
    My small canon makes great images up to modest sizes big enough to win at the photo club.

Have not used a converter. But you need one with GIMP to do RAW.

I find that photoshop 7 and jpgs work fine for what I do.
    GIMP was used by my son. I do not need it as long as my xppro box holds up.

My advice is to do it as a hobby and if you make money then be very happy but do not expect to make money with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineBow View Post
    I've researched a bunch about going pro. I realize the risks involved. As I said, I'm considering it. If I can make some money to help offset my costs I'd be happy. Still, its its mostly a love of photography for me. Spending $2,000 to refill a printer gets expensive.

I'll have to look into a raw converter. I've used GIMP on my linux machine, but not on my pc. Do you have any experience with raw converters?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sam browne For This Useful Post:

MedicineBow (05-19-2019)

Thread Information