User Tag List

Thread: TRUMP WH: No Mueller "Do-Overs"

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

TRUMP WH: No Mueller "Do-Overs"

White House rejects Congress' demands, says investigations amount to 'unauthorized do-over' of Mueller probe

The White House told the House Judiciary Committee in a letter Wednesday that it will not comply with a broad range of the panel's requests and called on it to "discontinue" its inquiry into President Donald Trump.

"Congressional investigations are intended to obtain information to aid in evaluating potential legislation, not to harass political opponents or to pursue an unauthorized 'do-over' of exhaustive law enforcement investigations conducted by the Department of Justice," White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote, citing special counsel Robert Mueller's 448-page report on his probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and whether Trump sought to obstruct the investigation.

Cipollone wrote, however, that he was not exerting executive privilege, adding that he would consider more narrow requests from the committee if it can provide the legal support and legislative purpose for such requests.

"The appropriate course is for the Committee to discontinue the inquiry," Cipollone wrote to the panel's chairman, Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. "Unfortunately, it appears that you have already decided to press ahead with a duplicative investigation, including by issuing subpoenas, to replow the same ground the Special Counsel has already covered."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/white-house-rejects-congress-demands-says-investigations-amount-unauthorized-do-n1006016

White House rejects Congress' demands, says investigations amount to 'unauthorized do-over' of Mueller probe
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Brat (05-15-2019),Canadianeye (05-15-2019),Knightkore (05-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (05-15-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Screw the Democrats. I demand that my elected representatives ignore everything they say, and I demand that they explicitly do not cooperate with anything the Democrats are trying to investigate.

If some more on Republican goes along with this Democratic party bulshit. He's going to be voted out of office. Anyone who goes along with the Democrats bullshit is risking their career.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Brat (05-15-2019),Canadianeye (05-15-2019),Garden House Queen (05-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (05-15-2019),RMNIXON (05-15-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    I'm sick and tired of the Democrats. Fuck them. Enough is enough. Glad Trump is telling them to all go to hell.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Brat (05-15-2019),Canadianeye (05-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (05-15-2019)

Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I was listening to Rush in the car this afternoon and he said that the Democrats are reading all 448 pages of the Mueller Report in the House today, he says it going to take them 12 hours. So here is another do nothing day for the Dims.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (05-15-2019)

Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    I'm sick and tired of the Democrats. Fuck them. Enough is enough. Glad Trump is telling them to all go to hell.
    The letter is stern and also very specific in legal terms. Protections from Double Jeopardy is important in US Law of course.

And it is telling them in Politely to Fuck Off!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    No Do-Overs

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Why would there be a do-over?

Because the Dems are not pleased by the results?

Oh well, I guess that will give them another reason to whine about Trump obstructing justice...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanLeFou For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (05-15-2019)

Thread Information