User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking an answer about the crucifixion of Christ

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    he was given not just one, but two death sentances. youre right. i dont think Jesus Christ was ready for that. and Pilate erred thinking Julias Ceasar wouldnt care. the pigheaded governor thought he was above the law. do you think if Jesus knew he was to be whipped to death and then cruxified, He wouldve had His men cut a path out to escape the crowd?

He was frightened...his human half.....in the garden at Gethsemanee...otherwise he wouldn't have been sweating blood. OF COURSE he knew what he was in for. But he chose it. HE SAID< I lay down my life and I can pick it up again. I paraphrase but you get the idea. I hope. HE DID IT FOR US. WE are all to blame for what he went through. It was a supernatural holy favor to US!! Tell me. Would you sacrifice one of your children for the life/soul of another person? no. you wouldn't. neither would I. BUT GOD DID. and Jesus KNEW what he was doing. "Let this cup pass from me but if not then your will be done.' and it was.

I weep at the ungratefulness of man. of myself.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-13-2019),Knightkore (05-13-2019),MrogersNhood (05-13-2019),pjohns (05-13-2019),Rita Marley (05-13-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    Did Jesus Know He Was Going to Be Put to Death? | Billy Graham | Columns | ArcaMax Publishing

Did Jesus Know He Was Going to Be Put to Death?

By Billy Graham, Tribune Content Agency on Mar 22, 2016
    Q: Did Jesus know He was probably going to be put to death? Couldn't He have done something to avoid it and keep on living? -- K.McK.
    A: Yes, Jesus knew beyond doubt that His days were numbered, and that He would be put to death by those who opposed Him. He also knew when it would happen. Only weeks before His death He told His followers, "They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; they will flog him and kill him" (Luke 18:31-33).
    And yet Jesus did not shrink back from this or try to escape. Instead, the Bible says, He deliberately continued on His way. Why did He do this? Not because He had some kind of a twisted martyr complex, or because He was tired of living -- not at all. Instead, He knew it was part of God's plan for Him to die -- because by His death, He would become the final and complete sacrifice for all our sins. Jesus declared, "The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mark 10:45).
    Was there any other way for our sins to be forgiven? Only hours before His arrest Jesus struggled alone in prayer, asking God to take away the horror of what was about to happen to Him. He prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42).

But there was no other way -- for on the cross, all our sins were transferred to Him, and He took upon Himself the judgment and Hell that we deserve. Think of it: He died for you! God loves you that much! Have you responded to His love by committing your life to Christ?
    i dont think His body was capable of receiving the amount of pain the two combined death sentances carried out placed upon His nervous system.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    He was frightened...his human half.....in the garden at Gethsemanee...otherwise he wouldn't have been sweating blood. OF COURSE he knew what he was in for. But he chose it. HE SAID< I lay down my life and I can pick it up again. I paraphrase but you get the idea. I hope. HE DID IT FOR US. WE are all to blame for what he went through. It was a supernatural holy favor to US!! Tell me. Would you sacrifice one of your children for the life/soul of another person? no. you wouldn't. neither would I. BUT GOD DID. and Jesus KNEW what he was doing. "Let this cup pass from me but if not then your will be done.' and it was.

I weep at the ungratefulness of man. of myself.
    He died from the pain. physical pain His body took. the mental pain He took i believe He was willing to take.

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    i dont think His body was capable of receiving the amount of pain the two combined death sentances carried out placed upon His nervous system.
    That is why the Roman soldiers were surprised He was dead already. Normally being crucified it is a LONG agonizing death. And many times they had to break the legs so that they could finally die. They didn't break the legs of Jesus. He was already dead. They confirmed it with the spear.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

pjohns (05-13-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    He died from the pain. physical pain His body took. the mental pain He took i believe He was willing to take.
    Luke 23:46 Living Bible (TLB)

46 Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I commit my spirit to you,” and with those words he died.[a]
    Footnotes:

1. Luke 23:46 he died, literally, “he yielded up the spirit.”
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (05-13-2019),pjohns (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    so MY question still stands. IF He knew that that amount of physical pain His body was to receive, would He still have done it? my contention is He did not know of that side of pain for His body had never experianced it before.

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    painful yes. EXTREMELY EXCRUCIATINGLY PAINFUL. The sweating of blood from his sweat glands made his skin even more tender. This is not a supernatural event. It happens when people are under extreme stress. The beatings.... with those braided, iron embedded leather strips opened his skin down to tendons and ligaments and bones and maybe bowels. The loss of blood was a primary factor. Yes...theres pain with that. The hanging from the cross by the wrists and ankles, having to push up to be able to exhale in order to get another breath....asphyxiation. Sure>>>THERE WAS PAIN.

Don't minimize what happened to Our Lord. It was unbearable...there is no word for it. and then the weight of all our past present and future sins of the ENTIRE World.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-13-2019),Knightkore (05-13-2019),pjohns (05-13-2019),Rita Marley (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    so feel it. His back just got lashed 40 times, and now He is pushing up on it so He can inhale? kinda being made to walk after being shot in the kneecap

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

pjohns (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    painful yes. EXTREMELY EXCRUCIATINGLY PAINFUL. The sweating of blood from his sweat glands made his skin even more tender. This is not a supernatural event. It happens when people are under extreme stress. The beatings.... with those braided, iron embedded leather strips opened his skin down to tendons and ligaments and bones and maybe bowels. The loss of blood was a primary factor. Yes...theres pain with that. The hanging from the cross by the wrists and ankles, having to push up to be able to exhale in order to get another breath....asphyxiation. Sure>>>THERE WAS PAIN.

Don't minimize what happened to Our Lord. It was unbearable...there is no word for it. and then the weight of all our past present and future sins of the ENTIRE World.
    dont minimize? where did that come from? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Tagger First Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Jesus had all the sins of the world placed upon him at that moment--a just and righteous God could not allow imperfect human beings into heaven, without a substitutionary sacrifice--and Jesus the man (he was human, as well as being divine) naturally cried out in anguish.

Interestingly, Wikipedia notes the following:

"A. T. Robertson noted that the "so-called Gospel of Peter 1.5 [a part of the pseudepigrapha] preserves this saying in a Docetic (Cerinthian) form: 'My power, my power, thou hast forsaken me!'"[

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (05-13-2019)

Thread Information