User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: Seeking an answer about the crucifixion of Christ

  1. #71
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    2,477
    Thanked: 1,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2740424
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    The apostle John wrote: “I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand.” (Rev. 7:4) In the Bible, the phrase “those who were sealed” refers to a group of individuals who are chosen from among mankind to rule with Christ in heaven over the coming Paradise earth. (2 Cor. 1:21-22; Rev. 5:9, 10;20:6) Their number, 144,000, is understood literally for several reasons. One is found in the immediate context of Revelation 7:4.

    After the apostle John was told in vision about this group of 144,000 individuals, he was shown another group. John describes this second group as “a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” This great crowd refers to those who will survive the coming “great tribulation,” which will destroy the present wicked world.-- Rev. 7:9,14.

    Note, however, the contrast that John draws between verses 4 and 9 of Revelation Chapt 7. He states that the first group, “those who were sealed,” has a definite number. However, the second group, “a great crowd,” is without a definite number. With that in mind, it is logical to take the number 144,000 to be literal. If the number 144,000 were symbolic and referred to a group that is actually numberless, the force of the contrast between those two verses would be lost. Thus, the context strongly indicates that the number 144,000 must be taken literally.


    Various Bible scholars, past and present, reached the same conclusion​--that is, the number is literal. For instance, in commenting on Rev. 7:4, 9, British lexicographer Dr. Ethelbert W. Bullinger observed some 100 years ago: “It is the simple statement of fact: a definite number in contrast with the indefinite number in this very chapter.” (The Apocalypse or “The Day of the Lord,” page 282) More recently, Robert L. Thomas, Jr., professor of New Testament at The Master’s Seminary in the United States, wrote: “The case for symbolism is exegetically weak.” He added: “It is a definite number [at 7:4] in contrast with the indefinite number of 7:9. If it is taken symbolically, no number in the book can be taken literally.”-- Revelation: An Exegetical Commentary, Volume 1, page 474.

    <@Canadianeye>
    what i have against the 144k theory is 1. that means just one person a year makes the grade.
    so, doesnt that sound weird? Lott and two others were saved, that makes three, and yeah, his two daughters raped daddy but they still got saved. three. not one, but three. 440k would put the average at 4.5 a year. God did say at least ten and I will spare. my equation put the total number at 439,992. which leaves the last eight to be saved right before the shit hits the fan.

  2. #72
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    2,477
    Thanked: 1,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2740424
    so, if you play sequential numbers like i see history, ( 1249, 1294, 1429, 1492, 1924, 1942, 2149, 2194 ) its not 12x12 but rather 21.21 and 7/8ths x 12 at four seasons. which equals 439,992. mine even has the 666 in it too. and the 7, but as 7/8.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

    S-N-A-F-U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    1,838
    Thanked: 5,900
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    so, if you play sequential numbers like i see history, ( 1249, 1294, 1429, 1492, 1924, 1942, 2149, 2194 ) its not 12x12 but rather 21.21 and 7/8ths x 12 at four seasons. which equals 439,992. mine even has the 666 in it too. and the 7, but as 7/8.
    A numbers game doesn't negate the FINAL authority of God's written word...

  4. #74
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    2,477
    Thanked: 1,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2740424
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    A numbers game doesn't negate the FINAL authority of God's written word...
    final written word of Gods Authority. whos translation you going by? was it originally written in greek? phonesan? was the author writing it for his index or for others to use? was any of the text abbriviated? and for what reason if it was?

  5. #75
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    2,477
    Thanked: 1,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2740424
    heres a good one. the declaration of independance. was that it? or did it need refined? or the back of it painted on? because if you say only whats supposed to be in there is there, you failed at logic. for maybe the KJV wasnt how they wrote it at the time.
    remember how the guy who ran from the nazis and tried to hide his money turned over his daughters diary? the whole diary? with some of it written in ball point pen, and other parts missing?

  6. #76
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69,480
    Thanks
    5,523
    Thanked: 69,989
    Rep Power
    21367539
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    final written word of Gods Authority. whos translation you going by? was it originally written in greek? phonesan? was the author writing it for his index or for others to use? was any of the text abbriviated? and for what reason if it was?
    God has protected his word through any translations. The translations have made it easy to share the word with people of all nations. Well sure...you have people who want to translate the bible to leave out anything negative to homosexuals...but that's not translation is it. that is subtracting from which is...a no-no.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

    There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

    “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

    The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Knightkore (05-16-2019)

  8. #77
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    2,477
    Thanked: 1,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2740424
    we will carry this further. my father was a republican nut. fervent believer in his Bible, just like you. he saw the embasador to kuwaits daughter say she saw twentythree babies get booted from their incubators because she saw them personally because she was in kuwait working as a nurse. EVERY ONE who she was lying and said nothing needs to be shot and ALL of their finances seized with no trial, doesnt matter their motive or not. they sold my father down to hell. blind faith will only get you guided.....by the blind.

  9. #78
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

    jirqoadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    2,477
    Thanked: 1,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2740424
    now i know why there will only be 440k. logic is a rareity

  10. #79
    Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

    Knightkore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Posts
    30,270
    Thanks
    93,836
    Thanked: 29,185
    Rep Power
    21474870
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    heres a good one. the declaration of independance. was that it? or did it need refined? or the back of it painted on? because if you say only whats supposed to be in there is there, you failed at logic. for maybe the KJV wasnt how they wrote it at the time.
    remember how the guy who ran from the nazis and tried to hide his money turned over his daughters diary? the whole diary? with some of it written in ball point pen, and other parts missing?
    How Accurate is the Bible? | Bible.org

    While the quality of the Old Testament manuscripts is excellent, that of the New Testament is very good--considerably better than the manuscript quality of other ancient documents. Because of the thousands of New Testament manuscripts, there are many variant readings, but these variants are actually used by scholars to reconstruct the original readings by determining which variant best explains the others in any given passage. Some of these variant readings crept into the manuscripts because of visual errors in copying or because of auditory errors when a group of scribes copied manuscripts that were read aloud. Other errors resulted from faulty writing, memory, and judgment, and still others from well-meaning scribes who thought they were correcting the text. Nevertheless, only a small number of these differences affect the sense of the passages, and only a fraction of these have any real consequences. Furthermore, no variant readings are significant enough to call into question any of the doctrines of the New Testament. The New Testament can be regarded as 99.5 percent pure, and the correct readings for the remaining 0.5 percent can often be ascertained with a fair degree of probability by the practice of textual criticism.
    Last edited by Knightkore; 05-16-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

    Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

    Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

    "Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford



  11. #80
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69,480
    Thanks
    5,523
    Thanked: 69,989
    Rep Power
    21367539
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    we will carry this further. my father was a republican nut. fervent believer in his Bible, just like you. he saw the embasador to kuwaits daughter say she saw twentythree babies get booted from their incubators because she saw them personally because she was in kuwait working as a nurse. EVERY ONE who she was lying and said nothing needs to be shot and ALL of their finances seized with no trial, doesnt matter their motive or not. they sold my father down to hell. blind faith will only get you guided.....by the blind.
    what?
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

    There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

    “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

    The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Knightkore (05-16-2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •