User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Seeking an answer about the crucifixion of Christ

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    I saw the movie, "The Passion of the Christ", many years ago (2004). I'm not very religious but I went with a lady-friend who is very religious because she didn't want to go alone. I don't remember all that much about the movie anymore but I remember that we were both sorry that we went because we thought the brutality that Christ suffered was over-the-top.

Anyway, here's the question I have: I vaguely remember that Christ asked the following question while on the cross: "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

To me, it indicates that he didn't foresee the events of that day and didn't give his life willingly. If that was the case, what was the point of him being left in the dark about such an important event?

It makes it seem as though it was a cruel trick played on him by his heavenly father.
    so in a way, i agree with you. He could not have known. had He did know, should He have cut a hole through the crowd with His men?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-13-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    so in a way, i agree with you. He could not have known. had He did know, should He have cut a hole through the crowd with His men?
    I believe he knew..otherwise why the fear and sweating in the garden. He wasn't looking forward to it but He always did his Father's will. No one did this to him technically. He did it, that was why he was sent.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-13-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    oh...and another thing. Jesus was well versed in the scriptures. he studied them, he taught them, he quoted them. He KNEW from the OT what was to happen to the messiah. It's all written out in the OT scriptures.

Curated by Rich Robinson, Senior Researcher
    After Yeshua (Jesus) was crucified, some of his followers were crushed. They had hoped that he would be the Messiah who would destroy the tyranny of Rome and restore the kingdom of Israel. But their idea of the Messiah was not God’s idea. Yeshua died, but he also rose from the dead, and to his disappointed followers he said:
    “How foolish you are, how slow you are to believe everything the prophets said! Was it not necessary for the Messiah to suffer these things and then to enter his glory?” And Jesus explained to them what was said about himself in all the Scriptures, beginning with the books of Moses and the writings of all the prophets…. They said to each other, “Wasn’t it like a fire burning in us when he talked to us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?” (Luke 24:25–27 NIV, Luke 24:32 NIV)
    “To suffer these things and then to enter his glory.” He had to first die as an atonement for our sins, and then rise from the dead – as the prophets of the Hebrew Bible had said.

scroll through:

https://jewsforjesus.org/answers/top...ic-prophecies/
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 05-13-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (05-13-2019),pjohns (05-13-2019),Rita Marley (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I believe he knew..otherwise why the fear and sweating in the garden. He wasn't looking forward to it but He always did his Father's will. No one did this to him technically. He did it, that was why he was sent.
    i dont buy that. i feel He was indeed willing to die, just not twice the amount of physical pain He did not know was comming His way. remember when i posted " Wiraqutra Pachayschachic "? at that time He had fire from Heaven ( a volcano ) rain down to disperse a crowd that was about to tear Him limb from limb.
    and He said " No "

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 96.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    He knew He was going to die. That was his whole purpose for coming to earth. Knowing how painful it was going to be? Maybe not.

Matthew 26:52-54 Expanded Bible (EXB)

52 Jesus said to the man, “Put your sword back in its place. [L For] All who ·use swords [L take the sword] will ·be killed with swords [L die/perish by the sword]. 53 ·Surely [L Don’t…?] you know I could ask my Father, and he would give me more than twelve ·armies [legions] of angels. 54 But ·it must happen this way to bring about what the Scriptures say [L how, then, could the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?].”

LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford

Thanks
    heres another instance. physically He could not carry His own cross.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    He knew He was going to die. That was his whole purpose for coming to earth. Knowing how painful it was going to be? Maybe not.

Matthew 26:52-54 Expanded Bible (EXB)

52 Jesus said to the man, “Put your sword back in its place. [L For] All who ·use swords [L take the sword] will ·be killed with swords [L die/perish by the sword]. 53 ·Surely [L Don’t…?] you know I could ask my Father, and he would give me more than twelve ·armies [legions] of angels. 54 But ·it must happen this way to bring about what the Scriptures say [L how, then, could the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?].”

bingo. thats what ive been saying. He was willing to die on the cross. prolly not knowing He was gonna be whipped first.

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    yes. weakened by the brutal beating and blood loss.

I'm not seeing your point?

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 96.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    The flogging took a toll on Him I think.

The Bible says He was left unrecognizable.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump / FDR = F Dem Racists

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." — Fred Sanford

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    at any time, he could have called on the angels of heaven to get him down and to kill every roman on that hill. But he didn't. He knew that.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (05-13-2019),pjohns (05-13-2019)

Thread Information