User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unanswered Prayer

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    God isn't your equal. He is The Creator of everything. He could be a dictator, but he has given us the ability to think and to choose Him or not. So, in that sense, God isn't a dictator. You can reject Him if you wish.

I feel the same way as you do about the turmoil in our world, not just our country. I hate to see things in such a bad way. I trust that God knows the answers.
    I guess I feel a little sorry about rejecting him sometimes, but I struggle to see any other way.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Laying out the fleece hasn't been addressed in relation to what the OP is expressing.

It should be.

Other than that, it sounds like you are having a faith crisis. It happens. Good luck, and I hope it is not too severe.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-25-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    I make it a rule to not insult God. I figure I'm better off being grateful for His blessings.
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Obama administration was nothing more than highly organized crime. -Common

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-25-2019)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Jesus taught us a very important lesson by way of his crucifixion, proving that actions speak louder than words. The lesson: Life isn't fair. If life was fair, he wouldn't have suffered the way he did. If God is all knowing and had a plan, the plan was for Jesus to suffer and die. The lesson: Life isn't fair.

50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Because He created you and the rest of us and everything you see around you here.

God is not a dictator. He gave you free will. You can do what you choose to do.
    BUT......

He told you things you should not do. And if you do them then your final results will be bad.
    You have a way to avoid eternal punishment if you choose His option that was given to redeem you.

Yes ignorance and turmoil will happen in the USA. The bible says USA will be gone before armageddon.
    That is something we have to live with until Christ returns to set things right.

Repent and accept Christ Jesus the Nazarene as your personal savior and you will be happy after exiting your life on earth.
    Your life may still be hard here but you will know that in the end your final result will be much better.

It is clear that God made everything. The only issue for you to consider is whether Jesus is really the Son of God sent to save you.
    If you need evidence, there is no mathematical proof, ask and I will try to find some resources for you to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    Why should God's view of how things should be matter on us? Is God just like a dictator?

I prayed and prayed myself about this whole country, but all I see is more ignorance and turmoil anyway.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    I guess I feel a little sorry about rejecting him sometimes, but I struggle to see any other way.
    Just keep seeking truth.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me. - Jesus Christ

Jesus made promises He doesn't keep. He said ask anything in my name and you shall have it.
    If He didn't mean it, why did He say it!

I have asked repeatedly and been denied, not for myself but for my loved one.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Friends have told me He has not. They are wrong.
    Why do you think that passage from CHRIST is so relevant in Christianity???

Now, I can't explain God, or, His motives, but....I can say, with absolute experience, that, He DOES answer prayers.

Just, in His own time. I know that sounds 'philosophically easy,' but...He has almost always given me, what I have prayed for.

Sometimes, well after I no longer want/need that particular thing that I prayed for.

Sometimes, as many can attest, we get what we pray for....and THEN realize, 'nah, did not want that!'

Sometimes, He pushed me to earn what I have prayed for, myself. Ironically, I have often received only AFTER I have....failed.

Sometimes, I get something I did not pray for, which makes me forget what I have prayed for.

And, sometimes....God wants us to wade through a lot of SHIT before answering our prayers.

Jesus Christ, however, has ALWAYS granted me what HE promises, even without me praying for it. Because, He answered that promise a little more than two thousand years ago.

Jesus' promise was redemption, guidance, and...'Life."

Not once has He failed me in those areas. Even after I have rejected Him, cursed Him, and, turned from Him.

He is always there for me, when I return to Him.
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

CWF (05-22-2019),darroll (05-25-2019),Jen (05-25-2019),NORAD (05-22-2019),Rita Marley (05-21-2019),sam browne (05-21-2019)

Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    I believe that they argue like liberals too sometimes. They always have an answer for everything and usually sound like they are not able to accept or fathom why someone chooses to reject or believe anything they see "wrong" about their God.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    I believe that they argue like liberals too sometimes. They always have an answer for everything and usually sound like they are not able to accept or fathom why someone chooses to reject or believe anything they see "wrong" about their God.
    What matters is that you are satisfied with your choices in life.

Personally I can't fathom why you would insult anyone who has offered help by telling you about God ... as it seems you are doing here. But............

I will leave you with that.
    Last edited by Jen; 05-25-2019 at 06:25 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

potlatch (05-25-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Isaiah 55: 7-9

…7Let the wicked man forsake his own way and the unrighteous man his own thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that He may have compassion, and to our God, for He will freely pardon. 8“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

10For just as rain and snow fall from heaven
    and do not return without watering the earth,
    making it bud and sprout,
    and providing seed to sow and food to eat,
    11so My word that proceeds from My mouth
    will not return to Me empty,
    but it will accomplish what I please, and it will prosper where I send it.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-02-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

Thread Information