User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unanswered Prayer

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    It is with care that I say what follows because I do not wish to offend anyone. My faults are the same as everyone else also.

God is not the problem. Man is. God is not a liar. Satan is. This physical life of ours is not to be loved. We are to live it in obedience to God. That is our duty, our responsibility.

God is not our butler. We serve God, not the other way around. Sometimes we ask, and receive not because we ask amiss. God does all for our ultimate benefit. He is our Master.

We will die. All of us. Children starving to death is NOT the will of God. We must live up to our duty. King David repented, fasted for seven days (no food, no water) yet God let his son die.

Remember. God gave His own Son for us. So that we might live. Eternally.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (05-19-2019),Rita Marley (05-19-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam browne View Post
    God always answers prayer. Sometimes the answer is NO.
    He does what is best overall for everything.

Jesus made no promise He did not keep.

a million skins fans praying to win the superbowl, a million cowboys fans doing the same. not all going to get what they asked for.

The usual saying among believers is that - "God answers prayer in 3 possible ways - "yes", "no", or "wait". The problem is that if there were NO God really listening, WHATEVER happened in relation to what you were praying about would be covered by these 3 possibilities because there are NO other possibilities of how your situation might turn out. The claim that God "answers prayer" is therefore non-falsifiable. Non-falsifiable belief-systems are very suspicious in nature because they eliminate the possibility that they may not be true as part of their definition.

What is the significance of claiming that the God you believe in ALWAYS answers prayer when the answer doesn't really have to BE an "answer"? When even what we would normally construe as a NON-ANSWER is interpreted by the believer AS a valid answer?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 05-19-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords." (Benjamin Franklin)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Sometimes GOD breaks a heart to save a soul.
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    @ChemEngineer. The thing is that you cannot go to God and tell Him to answer a prayer for you in exactly the way you want it answered.
    you will receive whatever you ask in prayer.

whatever you ask in prayer

Pretty specific.
    “The explanation value of the evolutionary hypothesis of common origin is nil! Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, it seems to convey anti-knowledge. How could I work on evolution ten years and learn nothing from it? It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not be taught in high school, and that’s all we know about it.” (Dr. Colin Patterson, senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    What do you want then? To rant at God in front of us? You should be talking to a minister or a counselor, not us.
    "You liberals are the most dishonest group ever assembled and you are far worse than the collective idiot hippy liberals of the 60s" -Common

Can you spot a communist?

FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    you will receive whatever you ask in prayer.

whatever you ask in prayer

Pretty specific.
    And you will. In God's way and in God's time. Let God carry you step by step. It will not be easy nor will it be swift. But everything WILL BE okay. I can 100% guarantee it because I know God.

50000 Experience Points1 year registered

Thanks
    I think each of us, all of us, should ask ourselves, do we keep the commandments of God? Or, do we teach and keep the traditions of men?

We will be blessed if we do the first. We will not if we do the second, and make excuses for our choices.

Look. I know that one day I will die. Maybe peacefully as in sleep, maybe in horrible pain and suffering. I do not know for certain when, or how, only that I will. I do know this. God is perfectly righteous. ALWAYS. Above all, we must develop His mindset, think as He does, do as He does. We are to become perfect also. God is a perfect Judge. Do you not know that we will judge Angels? We must become perfect, unblemished in our attitude and thinking. God Cannot SIN. Why? Because He WILLS it.

I also know that the longer I live the more funerals I will be attending. Kids, Grandkids, my wife, friends, and relatives, close people to me, people I love dearly and would die for.
    I understand the pain of horrible loss. Personally.

The last enemy to be destroyed is DEATH. And God will do it. Search Him out, seek Him, and we will find Him. He is our Comforter. Our best and closest Friend. Never forsake Him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-19-2019)

Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    I understand what you are saying. I certainly have felt that way too.
    Maybe it's your attitude or wording. Jesus asked if maybe he wouldn't have do die on the cross (Matthew 26:39) but then he added not my will but thine. Sometimes with our limited view of things, we think we know how something must turn out. But God knows the whole plan, so His will is always better than ours.

Sometimes if we ask for strength, wisdom, courage, and hope when dealing with a difficult situation, God can work through our prayer to make the best possible outcome.

And the answer must be in God's time, not ours. Patience is so hard to come by when dealing with life's urgent situations. But God always teaches us something in all of our trials. Always.

Sending my prayers that you won't lose hope and that God's blessings to you will be courage, strength, wisdom, and patience.
    Why should God's view of how things should be matter on us? Is God just like a dictator?

I prayed and prayed myself about this whole country, but all I see is more ignorance and turmoil anyway.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    Why should God's view of how things should be matter on us? Is God just like a dictator?

I prayed and prayed myself about this whole country, but all I see is more ignorance and turmoil anyway.
    God isn't your equal. He is The Creator of everything. He could be a dictator, but he has given us the ability to think and to choose Him or not. So, in that sense, God isn't a dictator. You can reject Him if you wish.

I feel the same way as you do about the turmoil in our world, not just our country. I hate to see things in such a bad way. I trust that God knows the answers.
    Last edited by Jen; 05-21-2019 at 02:55 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (05-25-2019)

Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    God isn't your equal. He is The Creator of everything. He could be a dictator, but he has given us the ability to think and to choose Him or not. So, in that sense, God isn't a dictator. You can reject Him if you wish.

I feel the same way as you do about the turmoil in our world, not just our country. I hate to see things in such a bad way. I trust that God knows the answers.
    I guess I feel a little sorry about rejecting him sometimes, but I struggle to see any other way.

Thread Information