User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Those Who Watch Their Sugar Intake . . .

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    I don't have high sugar but since my two bowel shutdowns, my doc told me my sugar intake had to be cut way back. So I have cut back on my sugar loving. Now if I could just find a way to handle my addiction to chocolate..
    The funny thing about me is I don't have a sweet tooth, yet my blood sugar is high. The problem is so much sugar in the food that we buy and we don't even know what has it unless you read the ingredients.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    The funny thing about me is I don't have a sweet tooth, yet my blood sugar is high. The problem is so much sugar in the food that we buy and we don't even know what has it unless you read the ingredients.
    So true. I have always loved my Wishbone "Italian" vinegar and oil, store bought salad dressing. Lately I noticed it tasting sweet. Sure nuff, I read on the bottle they are now putting sugar in it. WTH people ?
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 04-23-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Well, It ain't the pain that bothers me. I also turned wrenches, used air hammers etc on cars for 40+ years but still don't care for seeing my own blood. I would deal with it if I had to.
    Yes you would. I know you are a tough one, we all are really! The weaklings are the ones who voted for 0bama and Hillary cause they are useless without direction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    I don't have high sugar but since my two bowel shutdowns, my doc told me my sugar intake had to be cut way back. So I have cut back on my sugar loving. Now if I could just find a way to handle my addiction to chocolate..
    Dark chocolate is much better for you than milk chocolate. Just sayin'.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

gregonejeep (04-24-2019),Kodiak (04-24-2019)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Dark chocolate is much better for you than milk chocolate. Just sayin'.
    We usually have these in the house. I have a couple a week....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (04-24-2019)

Thanks
    Just a follow up for @Kodiak and a few others.

I made 2-Alarm Chili (brand) yesterday. The box comes with all the seasonings in it. You just brown two pounds of ground beef. However, instead of ground beef, I used ground turkey.

It was just as good as the ground beef variant. It is one thing that I can have plenty of. Ground turkey is pretty good as a substitute for ground beef.

Yep, I can hear you all know, ground turkey sucks in my chili and all that. Well great, you all enjoy your chili the way you like but I have to watch my sugar and eliminating beef is one step of many in this process. One thing about ground turkey is that you should season it before using it. I like Adobo. Then brown the turkey for your chili. The best chili around here is at Longhorn Steakhouse. This comes pretty damn close to that.

Eliminating sugar is eliminating "white" products like potatoes, rice, pasta and crackers. That includes bananas also and a lot of fruits and orange juice.

Last edited by Rickity Plumber; 05-05-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Just a follow up for @Kodiak and a few others.

I made 2-Alarm Chili (brand) yesterday. The box comes with all the seasonings in it. You just brown two pounds of ground beef. However, instead of ground beef, I used ground turkey.

It was just as good as the ground beef variant. It is one thing that I can have plenty of. Ground turkey is pretty good as a substitute for ground beef.

Yep, I can hear you all know, ground turkey sucks in my chili and all that. Well great, you all enjoy your chili the way you like but I have to watch my sugar and eliminating beef is one step of many in this process. One thing about ground turkey is that you should season it before using it. I like Adobo. Then brown the turkey for your chili. The best chili around here is at Longhorn Steakhouse. This comes pretty damn close to that.

Eliminating sugar is eliminating "white" products like potatoes, rice, pasta and crackers. That includes bananas also and a lot of fruits and orange juice.

Just tonight @Rickity Plumber my wife made a dish with whole wheat seashell pasta, ground turkey, red pepper, mozzerella and parmesan cheese with Paul Newmans marinara and it was great! Spice anything up enough at it will taste good. I honestly don't miss red meat much at all, at least of the ground beef variety.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (05-06-2019)

Thread Information