User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimum wage, a character issue.

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks

Minimum wage, a character issue.

Minimum wage, a character issue. That's the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate.
    The federal minimum wage, (FMW) rate is of net social and economic benefit to our nation. It has never been among the major causes of the U.S. dollarís inflation; on the contrary, itís certainly among inflation's victims.

No employees are poorer and no enterprises suffer any competitive disadvantage to any USA enterprises due to the FMW rate.

[thereís no doubt that USAís higher wage rates are among the causes of our productsí price disadvantages in comparison to products from lower-wage nations; but although the elimination of our minimum wage laws would be greatly detrimental to our nationís net social and economic well-being, eliminating it would accomplish extremely little to remedy our productsí global price disadvantages.]

I suppose most USAís population, (significantly more than a 10% plurality) to some extent approve of federal minimum rateís existence. There are much fewer among wealthy or competent people that are opposed to the federal minimum rate.

A great proportion of minimum rate opponents lack self-esteem. They need whatever affirmation of their own worth that they can derive by being able to look down upon people experiencing lesser financial conditions. They cannot acknowledge even to themselves their fears of improving the financial conditions of others would consequentially reduce their own social status. Thatís the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate.

Respectfully, Supposn

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    No.

It's indicative of economic illiteracy.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-27-2019),darroll (05-20-2019),JMWinPR (04-27-2019),RMNIXON (04-27-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Raising MW is a tool of the oligarchs to destroy the small private businesses that compete with their global corporations. If you support corporate communism, then by all means support MW laws. Keep the peons in servitude and crush independence.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. ó Samuel Adams

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

darroll (05-20-2019),JustPassinThru (04-27-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    My first job, I worked for SUB minimum because I was only 15 and not legal for much else than washing dishes, which I did.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-27-2019),darroll (05-20-2019)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 6.0%

A private area on a beach in southeast Florida
    Thanks
    Minimum wage is mostly a political sham and has been recognized as such
    ever since I was a freshman econ major (back when men dragged around
    their women by the hair).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beachcomber For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (04-30-2019),JustPassinThru (04-27-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    No.

It's indicative of economic illiteracy.

Minimum Wage tells us that the bad, incompetent, and lazy worker is just as good as the useful worker trying to learn and better themselves........

That's all folks!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    Minimum wage, a character issue. That's the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate.
    The federal minimum wage, (FMW) rate is of net social and economic benefit to our nation. It has never been among the major causes of the U.S. dollar’s inflation; on the contrary, it’s certainly among inflation's victims.

No employees are poorer and no enterprises suffer any competitive disadvantage to any USA enterprises due to the FMW rate.

[there’s no doubt that USA’s higher wage rates are among the causes of our products’ price disadvantages in comparison to products from lower-wage nations; but although the elimination of our minimum wage laws would be greatly detrimental to our nation’s net social and economic well-being, eliminating it would accomplish extremely little to remedy our products’ global price disadvantages.]

I suppose most USA’s population, (significantly more than a 10% plurality) to some extent approve of federal minimum rate’s existence. There are much fewer among wealthy or competent people that are opposed to the federal minimum rate.

A great proportion of minimum rate opponents lack self-esteem. They need whatever affirmation of their own worth that they can derive by being able to look down upon people experiencing lesser financial conditions. They cannot acknowledge even to themselves their fears of improving the financial conditions of others would consequentially reduce their own social status. That’s the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate.

Respectfully, Supposn
    Well-written nonsense is still nonsense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (04-30-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    A great proportion of minimum rate opponents lack self-esteem. They need whatever affirmation of their own worth that they can derive by
    being able to look down upon people experiencing lesser financial conditions. They cannot acknowledge even to themselves their fears of improving the financial conditions of others would consequentially reduce their own social status. That’s the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate.

That is really one of the dumbest thoughts that I've ever seen. People are by their very nature self centered. Most don't really care about others unless their actions affect them. I feel superior because I make more than others, no totally not true. Now I do feel superior because I was able to amass a pretty good piece of coin while living in poverty because I lived below my means. I don't feel superior because I was brilliant or anything because I look at it as if I did nothing more than the common sense thing. Others would rather live for today & that's their choice. I just view my choice as more logical.

But if we want to get into arm chair conclusions I guess that those that envy the rich must also be sick with some mental disorder. After all they would rather point fingers & say I'm not a success because of THEM than make themselves a success. To me being a successful conservative I see that as a huge problem. But again that's a persons choice & if that floats their boat then that's fine with me. I just think that it's a stupid way to look at it. I don't envy the rich or blame them for anything. I'd rather copy them & become rich too.

As for looking down on people the only one's that I truly look down on are those that keep making the same stupid financial mistakes over & over without learning.

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    The Minimum Wage is a bad idea - unconstitutional, anti-freedom, interfering with private contracts.
    It also abolishes available jobs. Not all work is worth, say $15 an hour. When a tyrannical government steps in and says you must pay it...you don't hire someone. You do it yourself, or don't do that work, or find a way for machinery to do it.

These are not only obvious results but have been documented. The latest is the rapid trend in mechanization in fast-food and coffee shops.

So you want to INCREASE this destructive involvement by giving government the power to set your wage. All our wages.

And then you couldn't figure out my response.
    JustPassinThru, the governments of ALL industrial nation's have some provisions similar to and/or serving the purposes of the federal minimum wage rate; but I understand that you believe it's a bad idea, unconstitutional, anti-freedom, and interfering with private contracts.

The federal Fair labor standards act of 1938 has since then been updated by our U.S. congresses, signed and enacted by our presidents, and upheld by our supreme courts since that time. I expect that it will be updated and continue to be the law throughout the entire remaining existence of the U.S. Federal Government.

Automation has always improved products' consistency of quality and/or the reduction of their per unit costs; it has, and I expect it will continue to be a net contributor to our economy.
    The federal minimum wage rate is a minimum rate that does not prohibit paying higher rates; it does not "set wages".
    I understand but disagree with your irrelevant response.
    Respectfully, Supposn
    Last edited by Supposn; 05-20-2019 at 05:07 PM.

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    I'm for minimum wages.
    Three bucks an hour to learn how to mow a lawn.
    Ask Germany about inflation.
    This Country will know all about it later.

Thread Information