Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Day Trading

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    I'm thinking I'm going with things I know, like gas and oil.My thinking is with the spigot from Iran being shut-off,that forces more production here.I'm familiar with a couple of mid stream companies, one I worked for.We'll see how it goes.Again just a minimum investment.It is as much about entertainment as it is about making money.
    Go to some sort of Community College crash course. LEARN!!! Then...do it! If I can come out aces...you can. My ONLY regret was simply putting my toe in the water instead of dropping more into it from the get-go.

I learned some basics that were "so basic"...they escaped my notice.

PM me any time for support.....

If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (05-20-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    rDigger, have you purchased what i suggested to you? they made money off of 5gpt au. they are now taking 3-40gpt and soon will be taking 40-287gpt. as soon as they announce they made a profit for Q1, itll spike. then when people realize they will be going after the highgrade, itll spike agin. the dividend wont be repeated until they clean out their two 100+ stopes.
    Last edited by jirqoadai; 05-15-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    This dumb hippy decided to take six weeks of "Introduction To Share Trading" at a Gold Coast TAFE college. (Community College)

The stockbroker that holds these classes...also has a daily email for past students. I started with $28K (Aussie) mid-December and now am bouncing up and down either side of $50K...

AFTERPAY...AFT...sort of like a charge card. Soon to float in the USA & Canada. (up .54% today)

BELLAMY'S...BAL...baby formula milk powder now starting up in China. (111% return since Xmas...up .64% today)

GALAXY RESOURCES...GLX...owners of the big lithium strike in Australia. (22% return in the last two weeks...up 1.86% today)

Others have come and gone...poor performers...but...these three are keeping me way ahead.

I suggest you good people consider my own head scratching:

"Bank interest is diddly. Extra mortgage payments don't do a whole lot. Maybe I should get into the market?"

Go back to school and learn for yourselves. Don't give a broker your watch only to pay to find out what time it is!
    First...seriously...congrats on your assessment on your status. I take nothing from what you've accomplished, which in my estimation is 5x what I've done.

But. Can you know the caprices of the Fed Chair? Can you know what hidden ties he has to Trump, and/or the Clinton Machine?

Classes cannot teach this. No one can. We don't know and won't until MUCH latter.

I remain on the sidelines, with real money - gold - waiting for the natural end of this circus.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (05-20-2019)

50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Be careful. The game is rigged against small guys not attached to the inner circle.
    They will do whatever they can to protect themselves before you make anything or at best cut your winnings way down from what they could have been while looking out for themselves.

The best way is to buy puts. Not often. Only when you spot a black swan event coming.
    The problem is they won't ever let me have an account where I can do that because they say they want to 'protect' me.
    What they mean is they want you in the game the way they can fleece you easier.

The vig of commissions will eat your profits if you day trade.
    The taxes will make you a loser if you day trade.

If you insist then read Taleb's books and learn them before you start.

Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    Any day traders on the forum? Since it appears my hiatus from gainful employment is going to last longer than I thought.I've decided to dabble in day trading as a hobby and if Im lucky enough, make a few sawbucks while Im at it.

Id appreciate advice anyone would care to share.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I'm learning things the hard way.Right now I've got the paltry sum I invested out of the market and on the sidelines until I get a little more educated.Thanks @Northern Rivers I'm going to take your advice.
    @JustPassinThru ultimately that may be the safest thing I could do too.
    Last edited by East of the Beast; 05-20-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sam browne View Post
    Be careful. The game is rigged against small guys not attached to the inner circle.
    They will do whatever they can to protect themselves before you make anything or at best cut your winnings way down from what they could have been while looking out for themselves.

The best way is to buy puts. Not often. Only when you spot a black swan event coming.
    The problem is they won't ever let me have an account where I can do that because they say they want to 'protect' me.
    What they mean is they want you in the game the way they can fleece you easier.

The vig of commissions will eat your profits if you day trade.
    The taxes will make you a loser if you day trade.

If you insist then read Taleb's books and learn them before you start.
    Taxes and death are inescapable. Day trades are taxed at Capital Gains rate...just sayin'. I don't see the point. My own trading has outpaced...by far...any other investment I could have done. That being said...it's not like your Cousin Mabel that picks Kentucky Derby chance because she like the jockey's colours. You need presence of mind...you need to know about the companies you are investing, in...and...you need a modicum of education on the markets.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (05-20-2019)

Thanks
    The only safe way is to buy puts on black swans.
    You cant trade every day. Maybe not even once a year.
    But when you hit then it is a BIG win.
    Grab the money pay the taxes and look for the next swan.

Day trading is rigged against the small guy.
    You wont get the response times needed to make small gains worth the effort as your gains are smaller or even losses depending on how your broker does you.

Taxes and death are inescapable. Day trades are taxed at Capital Gains rate...just sayin'. I don't see the point. My own trading has outpaced...by far...any other investment I could have done. That being said...it's not like your Cousin Mabel that picks Kentucky Derby chance because she like the jockey's colours. You need presence of mind...you need to know about the companies you are investing, in...and...you need a modicum of education on the markets.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sam browne View Post
    The only safe way is to buy puts on black swans.
    You cant trade every day. Maybe not even once a year.
    But when you hit then it is a BIG win.
    Grab the money pay the taxes and look for the next swan.

Day trading is rigged against the small guy.
    You wont get the response times needed to make small gains worth the effort as your gains are smaller or even losses depending on how your broker does you.
    Nonsense. What broker??? There ain't none. That's also codswallop, hooey, gobbledygook and horsefeathers. Yeah...there's even some piffle in there, too.

I looked and learned. Day trading is like a war. Indeed, you will lose battles but you'll end up winning the war if you are prescient enough to know what you are doing...

A lot of dilettante day traders "walk" when they lose some money. That decision should be based on "why" they dropped. One of my own "betters" is a company that makes baby formula powder. Doubled since Christmas. Like a yoyo...but, always ending up recovering...and then some. Why did they lose money? If it's from profit taking by major shareholders...DUMP the stock...they "know something". If it's because they have come up against a stasis point because they need a bigger factory...keep them. The stock will drop because they are spending money..but...its capital improvements so is still an asset. Once they have that factory on line...they zoom forward...by no small margin, either.

You need to LOOK before you cross Wall Street.

Thanks
    Well if you can do it then good for you.

I tried and found the system rigged against the small trader.

Day trading is a zero sum game.
    If you are able to win then somebody else loses.

Most of you all lose big time as a few of the inner circle folks make most of the money by taking it from the small guys.

You do better to look at where they make mistakes and finding a way to win that way.
    Very very few folks have done that.
    And when you do win the govt will bail out the big boys anyway when they lose bigger.

Nonsense. What broker??? There ain't none. That's also codswallop, hooey, gobbledygook and horsefeathers. Yeah...there's even some piffle in there, too.

I looked and learned. Day trading is like a war. Indeed, you will lose battles but you'll end up winning the war if you are prescient enough to know what you are doing...

A lot of dilettante day traders "walk" when they lose some money. That decision should be based on "why" they dropped. One of my own "betters" is a company that makes baby formula powder. Doubled since Christmas. Like a yoyo...but, always ending up recovering...and then some. Why did they lose money? If it's from profit taking by major shareholders...DUMP the stock...they "know something". If it's because they have come up against a stasis point because they need a bigger factory...keep them. The stock will drop because they are spending money..but...its capital improvements so is still an asset. Once they have that factory on line...they zoom forward...by no small margin, either.

You need to LOOK before you cross Wall Street.

Thread Information