User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Kurmugeon and Morning Star

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-vaccer's kids dying of measles. Good. That's what stupid gets you.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks

Anti-vaccer's kids dying of measles. Good. That's what stupid gets you.

We are in the middle of a global measles crisis. Cases have soared across the world, including in places where measles had previously been eliminated -- like the United States. In this year to date, the United States has already seen its second-greatest number of cases since 2000. And this past week, New York City declared a public health emergency due to the rapid spread of the virus.

Behind each of these outbreaks, an alarming picture unfurls. In just the first three months of 2019, there have been more than 110,000 measles cases reported worldwide, a figure that is up nearly 300% from the same period last year. And these numbers will represent just a fraction of all the cases that occur. By the time you finish reading this, we estimate that at least 40 people-- most of them children -- will be infected by this fast-moving, life-threatening disease.

We're worried not only because measles can be so severe -- it still causes over 100,000 deaths every year -- but also because it is extremely contagious.

In those who are not immune, measles will infect approximately 9 in 10 people exposed to it. And since it is so infectious, it may be the first disease to appear where children are not getting the vaccines they need to keep them safe. And the presence of measles can point to a pocket of vaccinate children and a possible dysfunction in the health system.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/opini...sus/index.html
    Last edited by Morning Star; 04-15-2019 at 09:24 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (04-15-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Protect your own children and dont worry about other people's
    If an asset that the government can get for nothing capital is essential to producing assets that command prices consumption goods then you would be wise to search for a sleight-of-hand operation.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to squidward For This Useful Post:

Coolwalker (04-15-2019),DeadEye (04-15-2019),JMWinPR (04-15-2019),Morning Star (04-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (04-15-2019),patrickt (04-15-2019)

50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    I am not very keen on having kids suffering from their parents decision, or lack thereof.

Will these deaths teach the parents a lesson? Maybe, who knows. But in the end these children are still dead.

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Near enough to a city to visit, far enough to be left alone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    We are in the middle of a global measles crisis. Cases have soared across the world, including in places where measles had previously been eliminated -- like the United States. In this year to date, the United States has already seen its second-greatest number of cases since 2000. And this past week, New York City declared a public health emergency due to the rapid spread of the virus.

Behind each of these outbreaks, an alarming picture unfurls. In just the first three months of 2019, there have been more than 110,000 measles cases reported worldwide, a figure that is up nearly 300% from the same period last year. And these numbers will represent just a fraction of all the cases that occur. By the time you finish reading this, we estimate that at least 40 people-- most of them children -- will be infected by this fast-moving, life-threatening disease.

We're worried not only because measles can be so severe -- it still causes over 100,000 deaths every year -- but also because it is extremely contagious.

In those who are not immune, measles will infect approximately 9 in 10 people exposed to it. And since it is so infectious, it may be the first disease to appear where children are not getting the vaccines they need to keep them safe. And the presence of measles can point to a pocket of vaccinate children and a possible dysfunction in the health system.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/opini...sus/index.html
    There is a huge flaw in that article and its arguement.

When you get a disease and recover, you have actual life long immunity. When you get a vaccine for the disease, you almost never get life long immunity, often the "immunity" wears off in less than 10 years.

In the USA, measles is not a "life threatening" illness (and it hasn't been for over 120 years, long before the measles vaccine) because people have a high quality of life and are able to recover from measles without anything more than a few days of illness.

In poor 3rd world nations where people do not have the proper food, shelter, clean water, and sanitary conditions, illnesses such as measles that are trivial in the USA have a much greater impact. Thats why articles such as the one you use blurt scary phrases and quote global statistics and not USA statistics. They want to scare people, and the USA data wont scare anyone.
    Last edited by Wilson; 04-15-2019 at 09:33 AM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wilson For This Useful Post:

Brat (04-15-2019),DeadEye (04-15-2019),Morning Star (04-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (04-15-2019),sargentodiaz (04-17-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    When I was a kid there was no vaccine for measles, mumps and chicken pox. My mother made sure that if one of us caught one of these viruses that the rest of us were exposed to it. Now that may seem unacceptable to some here but it worked, caught it, got over it, and the only thing bad about it according to my parents is we lost a few days of school.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Brat (04-15-2019),DeadEye (04-15-2019),HawkTheSlayer (04-15-2019),NORAD (04-18-2019),Wilson (04-15-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    When I was a kid there was no vaccine for measles, mumps and chicken pox. My mother made sure that if one of us caught one of these viruses that the rest of us were exposed to it. Now that may seem unacceptable to some here but it worked, caught it, got over it, and the only thing bad about it according to my parents is we lost a few days of school.
    Yea, but back in those times y'all had Moses to protect you.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

JMWinPR (04-15-2019),Morning Star (04-15-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Yea, but back in those times y'all had Moses to protect you.
    Not me we weren't Jewish.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (04-15-2019)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    Same here. We all survived.
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (04-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (04-15-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squidward View Post
    Protect your own children and dont worry about other people's
    You don't understand. Liberals, leftists, and others of that ilk care only about everyone else. Personally, they keep their kids on a vegan diet and don't vaccinate.

I grew up before vaccines for measles or mumps. I know a few people died. My parents worried more about me having eye damage. They nailed blankets over the windows to keep my room dark but I sneaked out to play with my friends anyway.

Everyone I knew had the measles. No one died. I'm curious. If we go two or three generations with no one having a natural immunity to measles, what happens if the vaccine fails or isn't available? We know what happened to American Indians when they met measles for which they had no inherited immunity. They died wholesale.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (04-15-2019),Old Ridge Runner (04-15-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    I hope those who have had vaccinations are safe.

Thread Information