User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft to harass Win 7 users

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Couple of points, first Win10 has all kinds of components to spy on you, since its released there has been some software created to stop much of the spying but you cant stop it all. Win updates as they come out defeat some of them and it goes on.

Microsoft says there will never be another version of windows, instead they will charge for major updates to win10 in the future and find other means to make money.

Win 10 sucks and I will use WIn7 till they pry it out of my cold dead hands. There should be manual updates to win7 produced that you can dl and install. As a last resort if you a bit computer savvy and you do go to win10 you can make it look and operate mostly like win7.

Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Twitter JUST SUCK
    I think this is the site I used in the past for XP updates. It takes some looking but you can find them.

WSUS Offline Update 11.6.1 | Software Downloads | Techworld

Edited to include:

I think vers. 6.3 of WSUS offline updater may handle XP or at least it is a good starting point.
    Last edited by DLLS; 04-02-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Regarding my avatar: I am the one on your left as you view it

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 91.0%

Thanks
    windows always spies. Install NoScript browser addon and UBlock Origin, use a startup manager and two decent complementary antivirus (eg Malwarebytes and AVG, both free) and thatll put a stop to it all.

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    Couple of points, first Win10 has all kinds of components to spy on you, since its released there has been some software created to stop much of the spying but you cant stop it all. Win updates as they come out defeat some of them and it goes on.

Microsoft says there will never be another version of windows, instead they will charge for major updates to win10 in the future and find other means to make money.

Win 10 sucks and I will use WIn7 till they pry it out of my cold dead hands. There should be manual updates to win7 produced that you can dl and install. As a last resort if you a bit computer savvy and you do go to win10 you can make it look and operate mostly like win7.

Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Twitter JUST SUCK
    windows will move to either "rent your os from our website" and never actually release the code, or itll move to burning the ods onto an EPROM, so you cant copy or fiddle with it. Either option makes it easy for them to disable your computer.

Having said that, domestic desktop computers are dead men walking. No one will make them in 10 yewars time, Intel is developing mobile chips, so is AMD.

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Microsoft is doing things to computers (crippling them) to prevent them from using other operating systems. but there are ways around it. as always a learning curve but easy for me. others choose to stick with MSNBC. maybe someday when you start windows you will see videos of Rachel Madcow and Bill Gates warning you about Trump and climate change.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    Get ready for a notification to update to Windows 10 a.k.a. biggest piece of crap in the history of computing

DILLS I'm sorry to disagree with you & I guess that I should make that STRONGLY DISAGREE with you. Now I don't like Windows & over the years have had all of them. Probably the one that I had the least problems with was Windows 97 (probably because I got into it late). But saying Windows 10 is their biggest piece of crap, nope. You see I bought a machine that had Windows VISTA on it. Windows vista was the gonorrhea of operating systems. It crashed just turning it on. It crashed on every automatic upgrade. And the cherry on top was getting a message after a failed update saying THIS VISTA UPDATE IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH THE VISTA ON YOUR COMPUTER. WTF???? A vista update not compatible with vista.

If your evil on the level of Hitler evil, after you die you will go to hell & they will make you use a computer with Windows Vista on it.
    I have to fully respectfully disagree with you Tex, vista was an excellent Opsys in its day, 97-98 were not good and millenia just sucked.

You are right about Win10 in the sense it runs well, win7 has been the best and the most stable windows opsys to date. Win10 runs well but its loaded with spyware and extraneous bs running in the background that users dont know about.

It was actually keeping your microphone and video ON on laptops and recording after you shut the system down. Like I said in my other post there is no software out there to shut much of this down but that doesnt mean MS wont buried in updates the means to defeat them.

Alumni & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Notifying Win7 users MS is ending support for an OS they discontinued ~6 1/2 years ago is "Harassment"?
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (04-02-2019),Morning Star (04-02-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    WIn 10 is the worst OS I have ever seen, Here is what I have been doing!

Ok, I got Fedora OS running on one of my spare win 7 pc's. The win 10 pc is a hateful liberals dick smoking pos. You CANNOT get it to boot from a flash drive. I've read all manner of tutorials how to do and videos. The screens they show that I have to go thru start out ok but then it devolves into screens that are different from what I show. There is NO option in the bios to boot from a USB device. None. I have worked with this pos for a total of 5 hours and I give up. This POS has never worked right ever and I have had it three years. It does not recognize any of my passwords to reset the pos like it came from the factory, and half the time I cannot even get into the bios setup. I quit. I'm taking it off line and putting what I have on it on my other win7 pc with the two drives. Screw that pos.

Also at least once or twice a week that pos boots up to what I call the black screen of death, a blank screen where it will just stay until you turn it off. On the win7 machine that I put Fedora on this AM, all I had to do was reboot, press F12 for boot options and select USB device from the boot menu. I put the USB in the port and viola! Bill Gates has permanent dick in his mothers asshole! And I have messed with these machines for decades, it's not like I'm a new boot at working on this crap!. This one I am on now was a junker my friend gave me, two of then actually and I made one from two. It works fine!
    I am writing this from the fedora machine, and while I don't understand it all yet, it's easier than I thought. Screw bill gates in has ass with a titanium faggot!

But, I'm fine, how are you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

DLLS (07-13-2019)

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    I have to fully respectfully disagree with you Tex, vista was an excellent Opsys in its day, 97-98 were not good and millenia just sucked.

Horseshite. I was running a large ongoing IT project at the time, rollign out WANS to schools, we were doing about 200 servers and 1000 workstations a year, Vista is the worst example of Bloatware they ever produced. It needed a high end gaming machine just to boot up and run with any usability.

We tried building a workstation out of Vista, we gave up, aside from the dozens of bugs, such as the infamous 'Windows Long Goodbye' fault which prevented the machine closing down (and thus was a major security risk on a network) we had immense problems getting it to talk to the legacy printers, legacy jetdirect cards aand other hardware. We abandoned the build after spending far too much time trying to get acceptable performance out of it, plus the cost if the machine needed to run it was twice that of a normal PC workstion machine.

Sorry to contradict you, but i have massive expereince in thuis. Vista was a pile of crap and useful for nothing. Vista was universally panned in the IT industry in the UK.

Heres a list of other problems we had:

-system tray icons vanishing
    -folder sort order dissappears
    -Application windows constantly showed "Not Responding"
    -if a network save bugged out, it deleted the file. FFS!
    -Network Shares never mapped on startup reliably
    -Folder View and Type sttinsg constantly reset. No use when your building a network for a school office.
    -Desktop icons rearrange themselves each time you booted, even when using Roaming Profiles.
    -Devices reinstalling themselves at random. In some cases this caused the machine to disconnect from the network, and it then needed several reboots to get a connection.
    Last edited by BabyBoomer+; 04-02-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBoomer+ View Post
    Horseshite. I was running a large ongoing IT project at the time, rollign out WANS to schools, we were doing about 200 servers and 1000 workstations a year, Vista is the worst example of Bloatware they ever produced. It needed a high end gaming machine just to boot up and run with any usability.

We tried building a workstation out of Vista, we gave up, aside from the dozens of bugs, such as the infamous 'Windows Long Goodbye' fault which prevented the machine closing down (and thus was a major security risk on a network) we had immense problems getting it to talk to the legacy printers, legacy jetdirect cards aand other hardware. We abandoned the build after spending far too much time trying to get acceptable performance out of it, plus the cost if the machine needed to run it was twice that of a normal PC workstion machine.

Sorry to contradict you, but i have massive expereince in thuis. Vista was a pile of crap and useful for nothing. Vista was universally panned in the IT industry in the UK.
    I work in IT as well and yea, Vista had a lot of issues. It needed to be put out though so Microsoft could learn some lessons before putting out 10.

In reality, trying to make a PC run like a phone was a bad idea, although asynchronous programming apps and support would be a good idea, don't know why they wont do it.

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    I work in IT as well and yea, Vista had a lot of issues. It needed to be put out though so Microsoft could learn some lessons before putting out 10. In reality, trying to make a PC run like a phone was a bad idea, although asynchronous programming apps and support would be a good idea, don't know why they wont do it.

Yes and that was the problem, they were trying to combine mobile with desktop in one o/s. it was a f****g disaster.

Thread Information