User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old soldier aint dead yet, still fighting for freedom...

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks

old soldier aint dead yet, still fighting for freedom...

Hi folks, I'm here mostly to discuss basic human rights.
    Here are some of my early 1990's efforts that helped to bring us to where we are now in regards to cannabis "legalization", a place where corporate freedoms trump human rights, a place I wasn't aiming for, and a place folks need to reexamine and reevaluate asap..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lbm For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (03-19-2019),Kris P Bacon (03-19-2019)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Hello and welcome. I am all for legalization. The Fed has zero right to prohibit a plant, or a mushroom for that matter.
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (03-19-2019),HawkTheSlayer (03-19-2019),lbm (03-21-2019),sargentodiaz (04-11-2019)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    As a fan of Jack Herer , I am glad to get to hear you out.
    If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. Nicola Tesla

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (03-19-2019),lbm (03-21-2019)

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Hello and welcome. I am all for legalization. The Fed has zero right to prohibit a plant, or a mushroom for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    As a fan of Jack Herer , I am glad to get to hear you out.
    Thanks folks, glad to find yall here.
    in addition to what I wrote above, I would also offer this, the corporate cannabis "legalization" we see manifesting across the country is not what I was fighting for.
    In 1993, right after I sent the first package to Clinton, A man named George Soros took a man named Ethan Nadelmann under his wing and created the DPA. The function of the DPA was to take control of the "legalization movement" and influence the text of cannabis "legalization" anywhere and everywhere such was being contemplated. The DPA gang (includes MPP) failed in Cali to influence and change the wording to 215, (the first and last law passed based on human rights concerning cannabis), but they have successfully influence all other cannabis legislation since then including Co, Wa, and Cali, all of which are big on big business and obscure when it comes to basic individual human rights.
    The in the trenches work we did between 1993 and 1996 were unheard of at the time, it was a time before everyone had the internet, and a time when the only thing on the news about cannabis was did Clinton inhale or not. The actions we took back then not only put cannabis on the top ten topics "hot sheet" for media coverage, but after 3 years of non stop actions it paved the way in popular opinion and ended up making prop 215 in cali doable.
    What we need now is to regroup and reorganize in effort to try and set things right. Where we need to go from here is where we should of started from to begin with which is to file at least one if not multiple federal civil law suits challenging govs authority to schedule plants. The basis for the action(s) would be that the CSA, in it's capacity to schedule plants is unconstitutional as it results in disparaging the individuals self evident naturally endowed right to grow and use natural plants in obscurity. Such a challenge has never been attempted.
    Aside from mounting a fed court challenge, it might also be worth putting some local ballot initiatives forward at the county level in places like California. Here's the effort we did in 2014 as an example:
    https://ballotpedia.org/Lake_County_%22Freedom_to_Garden_Human_Rights_Rest oration_Act%22_Initiative,_Measure_P_(November_201 4)
    As you can see from this next link though, the cannabis "legalization" folks were our biggest detractor and spent tens of thousands in a misinformation campaign to try and sway folks into voting no:
    https://www.latimes.com/local/great-reads/la-me-c1-lake-county-weed-20140815-story.html

I Hope it wasn't out of line to post this here, but it all goes to introducing myself, thanks for your welcome and tolerance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lbm For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (03-21-2019)

Forum IT Staff, Alumni & VIP IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. I support marijuana legalization as long as it comes with taxation and regulation such as the alcohol and tobacco companies have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (04-11-2019)

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Welcome. I support marijuana legalization as long as it comes with taxation and regulation such as the alcohol and tobacco companies have.
    Hi Matt, thanks for the welcome.
    I see commercial activity as a separate issue from individual non commercial activity, and as such I see restored fundamental human rights as the foundation to then build the house of "taxation and regulation" on.
    Here's my test for any proposed legislation:

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Welcome.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

lbm (03-22-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    I have found that most people--not all, but most--are either viscerally in favor of marijuana legalization or viscerally opposed to marijuana legalization. And that is unfortunate.

For a very long time, I was altogether in favor of it. But then someone asked the question: Will it result in more accidents, from people driving while intoxicated?

It is a serious question. And I am not sure that I can answer it adequately.

Note: As many have already pointed out, marijuana is surely no more destructive than alcohol. But the Eighteenth Amendment--which gave us Prohibition--did not work out well. And if we had known, considerably before that--say, back in the eighteenth century--what we know now, alcohol would probably never have been legalized in this country.

So I guess that one might put me down as a definite maybe, in this regard...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:

lbm (03-23-2019)

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    I have found that most people--not all, but most--are either viscerally in favor of marijuana legalization or viscerally opposed to marijuana legalization. And that is unfortunate.

For a very long time, I was altogether in favor of it. But then someone asked the question: Will it result in more accidents, from people driving while intoxicated?

It is a serious question. And I am not sure that I can answer it adequately.

Note: As many have already pointed out, marijuana is surely no more destructive than alcohol. But the Eighteenth Amendment--which gave us Prohibition--did not work out well. And if we had known, considerably before that--say, back in the eighteenth century--what we know now, alcohol would probably never have been legalized in this country.

So I guess that one might put me down as a definite maybe, in this regard...
    I can sympathize with your "maybe" on questions of regulating commerce and public responsibilities such as driving etc, but these are separate issues and should be considered separately from the original question and issue of restoring basic self evident human rights to grow and use natural plants.
    If you were faced with the question of restoring your human right and all other questions come after that answer, how would you reply?

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm all for keeping the masses smoked up and docile.It makes it easier to control them.....welcome .
    Last edited by East of the Beast; 04-11-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Thread Information