User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attacking opiod crisis or attacking patients?

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    First: you want the ones without the Tylenol. You want that "anyway". For example there is Norco, which is Vicodin without the Tylenol. You have to ask your provider specifically for the ones without the Tylenol. Tell them you have liver problems and they will understand.

Next - if all else fails - and I'm not being facetious here, I'll show you why in a moment - Street heroin may be cheaper and easier to get than prescription opiates. It kind of depends on your outlook longer-term, if you think you're going to be taking opiates for the rest of your life, then you should go through the trouble of getting a dispensation from your doctor - but if you're looking at 3 to 6 months for back pain or something, then Street heroin becomes a viable option.

I say this because I personally know people who have been forced to do this, everything everyone's been saying is absolutely true, they're making it so difficult that they're actually attacking the patients now. And I mean, I've had back pain, that shit hurts. Opiates will make the difference between being able to function and not being able to function. I know this one woman she's about 50, she couldn't get any satisfaction from her doctors and the bureaucracy, and her son kept telling her the heroin was cheap enough to be cost-effective in LA now... and, you have to take a slightly different strategy if you're going to do this, because you know for sure you going to end up addicted after 6 months, but the truth is, you're going to end up addicted to Vicodin too, or whatever other opiates you choose. So in reality it becomes mostly a management issue, of managing your dose. Because if it turns out you really really like the heroin, then you're in trouble. But if you're going to use it exclusively for pain management, in the medically appropriate context, then you might be okay. There are very many cases of patients in hospitals being administered morphine or Dilaudid for 30 or more days, without getting addicted, and most of that has to do with dose management.

In today's world, if you claim to be an addict, what happens is you go whining to the state and they end up treating you for free. If you take Vicodin for 6 months, you will be addicted, you will have more than a headache if you try to quit. In the local methadone clinic, about half the people are there because of prescription opiates. And they are the ones who get the highest doses of methadone, because they have some of the worst addictions.
    Person i know had many teeth pulled at once, they all turned dry socket. Heroin brought relief, problem is, no telling whats in it, fentanol...etc?
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)
    You don't have to be rich and famous to have a creepy stalker, ​Knight is exhibit A!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Brat (04-13-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Cast comes off on the 30th, saw the doc on April second. She said the arm was not hurting, we did not seek a refill and now the arm hurts. oh well, the green helps and we dont have to beg for it and feel like we are being labeled "drug seekers".

And i also hope they stop screwing you around @DeadEye
    I'm done with them for the most part. The doctor didn't even bother to make another appointment. I think she is done with me as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadEye For This Useful Post:

Brat (04-13-2019),Kris P Bacon (04-11-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    @Robert Urbanek.. How are things going??
    I'm doing fine; my recent blood panel came back normal. I decided to go on a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet (dairy and eggs but no meat, poultry or fish), which my doctor said was a good idea. Vegetarians seldom get kidney stones even though they eat high-oxalate foods like spinach and nuts. I've tried fake chicken patties, which are fine. The pseudo fish "fillets" are more like fish cakes, but they're okay if I put cocktail sauce on them.
    Creation clues: Very big, very small
    https://www.cloud29.us/cosmic-lab.html

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sadly, whenever the government gets involved the patient, or citizen, will get screwed. The government demands that you hate the companies that make the pills but I wouldn't take a government-produced pill.

"What do you mean I can't sue them because Rep. Maxine Water's son is in charge of making the pills?"

Thread Information