User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: SPLC Founder FIRED.......breaking/developing...

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Looks like his skeleton closet finally overflowed like Fibber McGee's:

SPLC fires founder Morris Dees; internal emails highlight issues with harassment, discrimination

In two conversations with APR on Thursday, Dees flatly denied inappropriate behavior, saying any allegations of sexual harassment were “totally untrue.” He also said the statement released by Cohen was “unfortunate,” but then added that he wouldn’t say anything negative against it.

“I love the center and spent my life building it,” Dees said. “I will never say a bad word about it or any of the wonderful people who work there.”

In an earlier conversation, Dees said he believed his firing was more the result of the SPLC’s need to move in a different direction. He also noted his age and that he spent very little time at the center’s headquarters in Montgomery anyway.
    But internal emails obtained by APR related to Dees’ firing appear to show that the problems — which employees said spanned from sexual harassment to gender- and race-based discrimination — were more systemic and widespread, creating an atmosphere over several years in which female and minority employees felt mistreated. The employees also said that they felt their complaints were either not heard or resulted in retaliation from senior staff.

The spark that ignited the near-mutiny at SPLC appears to have been the resignation of senior attorney Meredith Horton, and an email she sent to senior leadership. That email noted the hardships women and employees of color faced at SPLC. It was forwarded by Cohen to all staff with a message that there would be a commitment within SPLC to address those concerns.

An email signed by numerous SPLC employees followed shortly thereafter and made numerous demands. It also laid bare many of the problems that employees have faced over the years.

Specifically, the employees’ email alleged multiple instances of sexual harassment by Dees, and it alleges that reports of his conduct were ignored or covered up by SPLC leadership. A subsequent letter from other SPLC employees demands an investigation into the alleged coverup of Dees’ alleged harassment.
    Sounds like SPLC got ahead of an organization-shattering kaboom. Or at least hope they have. Frankly, if more people than Dees were involved in the mishandling of reports of harassment, etc., more heads should be rolling.

That was just speaking to a generic organization. Personally, I think the SPLC needs to be sued into bankruptcy and their credibility reduced to turds floating in a sewer pond.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

2cent (03-22-2019),Dave37 (03-15-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    ‘HIGHLY PROFITABLE SCAM’: SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER ‘RIPPING OFF DONORS,’ FORMER STAFFER SAYS

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is a “highly profitable scam” that “never lived up to the values it espoused,” according to former SPLC staffer Bob Moser. New York Magazine on Thursday published a scathing essay from Moser, now a Rolling Stone reporter, accusing the left-wing non-profit of “ripping off donors” while turning a blind eye to sexual harassment and racial discrimination within its own ranks. “The firing of Dees has flushed up all the uncomfortable questions again. Were we complicit, by taking our paychecks and staying silent, in ripping off donors on behalf of an organization that never lived up to the values it espoused? Did we enable racial discrimination and sexual harassment by failing to speak out?” Moser asked in his article.

One of Moser’s former colleagues answered in the affirmative. “Of course we did,” she told Moser. “It’s shameful, but when you’re there you kind of end up accepting things. I never even considered speaking out when things happened to me! It doesn’t feel good to recognize that. I was so into the work, and so motivated by it, I kind of shrugged off what was going on.” According to Moser, SPLC employees were aware that donors were being misled about the SPLC’s mission.

He described “the guilt you couldn’t help feeling about the legions of donors who believed that their money was being used, faithfully and well, to do the Lord’s work in the heart of Dixie. We were part of the con, and we knew it.” The non-profit recently reported more than half a billion dollars in assets, including $121 million in off-shore funds.

Former Staffer Says | The Daily Caller

Just like the Clinton Foundation.
    Can you spot a communist?

FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Dave37 (03-22-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of which, @Trinnity, just who/what does this last line out of the article Traddles posted sound like?
    A subsequent letter from other SPLC employees demands an investigation into the alleged coverup of Dees’ alleged harassment.
    And who do they pick to investigate the investigators? Michele Obama. Seriously? Why not just pick Mueller?
    LATE EDIT: Oops. I meant the Ozero's wife's Chief of Staff,
    (Gonna have to read that thread to see if it's true. Hopefully, it's satire, but much to hope for.)
    Last edited by 2cent; 03-22-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    Looks like his skeleton closet finally overflowed like Fibber McGee's:

SPLC fires founder Morris Dees; internal emails highlight issues with harassment, discrimination

Sounds like SPLC got ahead of an organization-shattering kaboom. Or at least hope they have. Frankly, if more people than Dees were involved in the mishandling of reports of harassment, etc., more heads should be rolling.

That was just speaking to a generic organization. Personally, I think the SPLC needs to be sued into bankruptcy and their credibility reduced to turds floating in a sewer pond.
    Agree w/the first part, but especially ditto that last bit. Scam artists; all of them.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Let them keep on....they'll strategize themselves out of existence. The democratic party is going communist fast.
    Can you spot a communist?

FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.

Thread Information