User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Morning Star, Fentoine Lum and Uncle Sammy

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475051525354555657

Thread: Book of Revelation

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    It is interesting that at this time more and more interest is being generated towards life on other planets and contact with aliens is becoming more and more a likelihood rather than a mere remote possibility.

Does anyone think that there may be a connection between alien invasion and the return of Jesus Christ? Why else would men fight and seek to destroy Him?

Just asking.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    so what i'm saying for those not involved in this study, i'll mention no names....sam browne. Is that God doesn't give understanding to any person who does not hold God in esteem. that is only reserved for those who love God and wish to understand the many secrets that he hides within the scriptures. The participants in this study understand that.

Now having said that. We are still not to grasp the understanding of all elements of Revelation. it's prophecy. Same with Daniel when he studied Isaiah. He was an old man before he realized that Isaiah was prophesying HIS TIME. Even Alexander The Great was impressed that he was mentioned in scripture prophecy. But the full understanding of that prophecy was not revealed until Alexander's time. So don't be disturbed or unhappy that you don't fully understand the meaning of revelation's prophecy...you will at the right time.

We can apply that to our own lives and know that it is applicable to the whole world, its history through now. I understand things now that I wouldn't have been able to grasp at all when I was 20. My daughter was angry when she found out that you CAN subtract a larger number from a smaller number. She claimed her first grade teacher lied when she said "always put the smaller number on the bottom because you can't subtract a larger from a smaller number". She was quite angry to learn that yes, you can subtract a larger number from a smaller number. I told her she was focused on the wrong word. The focus should be on YOU. In the first grade YOU can't do it.

We are given and are able to understand information at the appropriate time. Knowledge isn't useful if given too soon. I pray daily for more knowledge ....... knowing that there is a limit to what I can comprehend and even deal with right now. We must be satisfied with that.
    Last edited by Jen; 08-17-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    test.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Test
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    The Bible’s answer to Revelations...

The Greek name of the Bible book of Revelation, A·po·kaʹly·psis (apocalypse), means “Uncovering” or “Disclosure.” This name indicates the meaning of Revelation​—it uncovers matters that had been hidden and discloses events that would happen long after it was written. Many of its prophecies are yet to be fulfilled.

Overview of the book of Revelation

Introduction.​—Revelation 1:​1-9.

Messages from Jesus to the seven congregations.​—Revelation 1:10–​3:​22.

A vision of God on his throne in heaven.​—Revelation 4:1-​11.

A series of visions, each one leading into the next:

Seven seals.​—Revelation 5:1–​8:6.

Seven trumpets, the last three of which introduce three woes.​—Revelation 8:7–​14:20.

Seven bowls, each containing a plague representing a divine judgment to be poured out on the earth.​—Revelation 15:1–​16:21.

Visions of the destruction of God’s enemies.​—Revelation 17:1–​20:10.

Visions of blessings from God for heaven and earth.​—Revelation 20:11–​22:5.

Conclusion.​—Revelation 22:​6-​21.

Keys to understanding the book of Revelation...

Its meaning is positive, not fearful or terrifying to those who serve God. While many associate the word “apocalypse” with great disaster, the book of Revelation begins and ends by saying that those who read, understand, and apply its message would be happy for doing so.​—Revelation 1:3; 22:7.

Revelation uses many “signs,” or symbols, that are not to be understood literally.​—Revelation 1:1.

Many major entities and symbols in the book of Revelation are introduced earlier in the Bible:

Jehovah​—“the true God in the heavens” and Creator of all things.​—Deuteronomy 4:​39; Psalm 103:19; Revelation 4:​11; 15:3.

Jesus Christ​—“the Lamb of God.”​—John 1:​29; Revelation 5:6; 14:1.

Satan the Devil​—God’s adversary.​—Genesis 3:​14, 15; John 8:​44; Revelation 12:9.

Babylon the Great​—like ancient Babylon (Babel), an enemy of Jehovah God and his people and a source of religious lies.​—Genesis 11:​2-9; Isaiah 13:​1, 11; Revelation 17:​4-6; 18:​4, 20.

“The sea”​—wicked mankind opposed to God.​—Isaiah 57:20; Revelation 13:1; 21:1.

Features corresponding to the ancient tabernacle used for God’s worship​—including the ark of the covenant, the glassy sea (basin for washing), lamps, offerings of incense, and an altar of sacrifice.​—Exodus 25:10, 17, 18; 40:24-32; Revelation 4:​5, 6; 5:8; 8:3; 11:19.

Wild beasts​—symbolizing human governments.​—Daniel 7:​1-8, 17-​26; Revelation 13:​2, 11; 17:3.

Numbers used symbolically.​—Revelation 1:​20; 8:​13; 13:18; 21:16.

The visions apply to “the Lord’s day,” which began when God’s Kingdom was set up and Jesus began ruling as King. (Revelation 1:​10) We can therefore expect the main fulfillment of Revelation to be in our time.

To understand the book of Revelation, we need the same things that help us to understand the rest of the Bible, including wisdom from God and assistance from those who already understand it.​—Acts 8:​26-​39; James 1:5.

Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-23-2019 at 05:53 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-23-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Duplicate.
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-23-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Thread Information