User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Morning Star, Fentoine Lum and Uncle Sammy

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Book of Revelation

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I don't really think that grasping the whole of what is going to happen is the main thing.. The main thing I am thinking is BE READY. Recognize when things happen...don't be fooled by the Anti-Christ...if you're here. And just know that whatever God does, and that is not what we have to worry about...it will be the right thing. Hard to let go of what we think is control isn't it.
    I just mean here we are and we're worrying about going to the grocery store, or if it's going to rain, or my knee hurts, or anything about the daily life grind.

But really, there are huge things happening.

Watching out for some of these signs would be a much better approach to living.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rita Marley For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-08-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Marley View Post
    I just mean here we are and we're worrying about going to the grocery store, or if it's going to rain, or my knee hurts, or anything about the daily life grind.

But really, there are huge things happening.

Watching out for some of these signs would be a much better approach to living.
    watching for signs yes...which we see the birth pangs of daily. I think get your house..meaning yourself and your family in order so that WE are part of God's family. That means,, we can't wait for better behavior, honesty, dignity to trickle down from our leaders. Shoot...most of them are lost for good. We have to set the standard. We must live upright lives now.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-08-2019),Rita Marley (04-08-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    pure gold like transparent glass?? Could it be something like this?

Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-08-2019),Rita Marley (04-08-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Chapter 21 continued

I saw no [q]temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its [r]temple. 23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth [s]will bring their glory into it. 25 In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed; 26 and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it; 27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those [t]whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

If the church is in the Holy City, who is on the New Earth? Okay we see there is no need of sun and moon for the light will come from God and his son. The kings of the earth will come to the holy city, not to live, but to worship. If the holy city is the home of the church...then, ......is the new earth the home of Israel and all others who will be saved after the rapture?

Some believe the jews lost their right to dwell in the Holy City because they rejected the messiah... The Nation and their priests failed so God established a new Priesthood, the church. The church (Christians) will be the priests in heaven. This was done when God presented salvation to the gentiles to make the jews jealous and remind her of her sin.

But what is this 'kings of the earth' reference?? I've got to do a little research on this? anyone have any ideas?? Last we saw in Rev 6 that the 'kings of the earth' were hiding from God's judgement. Who are these 'kings of the earth' who will come up to visit the holy city, not to live but only to worship? They are obviously written into the Lambs book of life. and why mention unholy stuff like lying and deceit? Is God saying he will never allow that to happen again..then....wouldn't that mean that humans might still do it?? very confusing.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-10-2019 at 05:51 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-08-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Just so you know...we are not done with this. I am not done with this. I'm going slower right now because The Captain has been fitted with a catheter late yesterday to drain off urine. He has diabetes and a swollen prostate. Just spent one heck of a night trying to get him comfortable so he could sleep. I'll hit this and the easter thread this afternoon. I'm doing a pharmacy run as soon as I shower. Trying to keep this guy happy and quiet.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-10-2019),Rita Marley (04-10-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Revelation 22. Well....here we are. And maybe you thought that all the questions would be answered here and all mystery solved. nope. John is going to explain more about the believer's eternal home, Christ's final promise, a last invitation and a warning.

As for unanswered questions? you're going to have to wait till Jesus decides to reveal those.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-10-2019 at 06:32 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-11-2019),Rita Marley (04-10-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Revelation 22 New American Standard Bible (NASB)The River and the Tree of Life

22 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, [a]clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of [b]the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve [c]kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; 4 they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. 5 And there will no longer be any night; and they [d]will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.
    6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.
    7 “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who [e]heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.”
    8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who [f]heed the words of this book. Worship God.”
    The Final Message

10 And he *said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”
    12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man [g]according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
    14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.
    16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things [h]for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
    17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.
    18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and [i]from the holy city, which are written in this book.
    20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
    21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with [j]all. Amen.
    Footnotes:

1. Revelation 22:1 Lit bright
    2. Revelation 22:1 Or the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was
    3. Revelation 22:2 Or crops of fruit
    4. Revelation 22:5 Lit do not have
    5. Revelation 22:7 Lit keeps
    6. Revelation 22:9 Lit keep
    7. Revelation 22:12 Lit as his work is
    8. Revelation 22:16 Or concerning
    9. Revelation 22:19 Lit out of
    10. Revelation 22:21 One early ms reads the saints

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Chapter 22, continued
    1. Then he showed me a river of the water of life, [a]clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of [b]the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve [c]kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

In the prior chapter(s) the angel was showing john the foundation. Now we see what is IN the holy city. There is water, trees and fruit. the River is called The River of the Water of Life. It is a symbol of the holy spirit. God is using the water to explain a spiritual truth. (A physical substance to explain a spiritual truth) I think that Jesus rather did this in his parables? The living water is pure, clear, fresh. It has life giving qualities that man cannot live without. This water flowing from the throne will restore, refresh, flow freely and satisfy. You might say that the river is the continual outflowing of God's holy spirit.

The tree of life..takes us back to genesis. In the new holy city, believers will eat manna and the fruit...just like Jesus ate and drank after being resurrected, believers will eat and drink in the holy city. They will not eat the leaves. The leaves will be for healing (health) of those who dwell on the new earth. These leaves sustain life and add to well-being. We've been told already that there will be no sickness etc. So what scholars believe is that this passage indicates that the gentile nations who have been inhuman to each other will now live in harmony...their relationship healed.

The Tree of Knowledge caused Adam and eve to know right from wrong. That is how they learned what sin is. It caused their spiritual death. Spiritual death means the separation of soul and spirit from God and it means their physical death...the separation of soul and spirit from the body. So eating from the tree of knowledge lost them immortality. The Tree of life does the opposite. Eating its fruit BRINGS immortality.
    Remember Rev 2:7...I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

And Rev 2:17: To him who overcomes I will give the hidden manna.

Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-10-2019 at 07:45 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Chapter22 continued

There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; 4 they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. 5 And there will no longer be any night; and they [d]will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

The curse? What is that curse again?? from Genesis. When adam and eve sinned they caused God to place a curse upon creation. Because of this curse, women experience pain in childbirth, we all get sick, we have to work, die, There is a spiritual and physical death. Adam/Eve's sin didn't just affect them...it affected us too and it affected everything on, in, above the earth. Thanks. a lot. BUT...it will not affect the new creation. Once Satan is in the lake of fire, we get new bodies, we get to dwell with him. The Curse is lifted.

What will we be doing?? Not floating on clouds, or playing harps and flying around. We will have something to do...we will be priests and kings. There will be joy and fulfillment.

IN new Jerusalem The holy city, there will be no more:

death
    mourning
    crying
    pain
    temple
    sun
    moon
    night
    impure shameful or deceitful thoughts
    curse

We will see God's face...no one has done that and lived.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-11-2019 at 10:02 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Chapter 22, continued

And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.
    7 “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who [e]heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.”
    8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who [f]heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

The angel reminds John that this prophecy is trustworthy and WILL be fulfilled. The angel says that the Lord Jesus sent his angel (this angel) to give john and others (Jesus' bond servants) spiritual understanding of the prophecy and visions. And because Jesus is the source of this information it MUST be fulfilled...it is faithful and true..it is REALITY. The church age is almost over. Rapture and Second coming is close at hand.

that 'I come quickly'. Does that mean soon or does it mean...'when it happens it is going to happen quick. This can be interpreted a couple ways...I know you see where i'm going. soon/shortly quick/suddenly People think this passage means that jesus is coming soon. What is more accurate to say is....When Jesus comes it will be very fast. Like in the blink of an eye.
    Why is prophecy so important? Sure it gives credence to what is predicted as it is fulfilled but that is not the primary importance. It's the changing of our lives. By developing a desire and concern for the unbelievers, the searchers, the lost and those that are not saved.

God means for prophecy to be obeyed...and like you will find out in Esther...those that obey are promised a blessing. Don't fail to do what God asks...it will be done...and someone will get that blessing. LET IT BE YOU.

Go back to Rev 1:3. What did that say? BLESSED is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those that hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

John identifies himself and his claim that he is the human author and that he saw and heard these things he writes about. He is in such awe that he bows to the angel and the angel for the second time says...do not worship me. Do not worship angels..>Only God is to be worshipped.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (04-11-2019),Rita Marley (04-11-2019)

Thread Information