User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Morning Star, Fentoine Lum and Uncle Sammy

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Book of Revelation

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Does it have any commentary on chapter one that would be enlightening?
    It doesn't allow me to C&P. I will just add in my own words when appropriate.
    Last edited by Jen; 02-26-2019 at 12:34 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Complete Guide to the Bible by Stephen Miller? LOOKS very interesting. There's a pdf online I see.
    Oh then that will be helpful. Your standard study Bible is the one to use with commentary from me and anyone else who has Miller's version. I also have a study Bible that I can use.
    Last edited by Jen; 02-26-2019 at 12:41 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    When we read the words that are written in the Bible we need to be able to read a script that translates those words into every day terms, otherwise we'll have a hard time understanding.
    Last edited by Garden House Queen; 02-26-2019 at 07:02 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Garden House Queen For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Here's a video of John Hagee talking about the End Times. I think it must have been taped when Obama was in office. There were so many of Hagee's End Time videos on Youtube that I didn't know which one to post. I realize some folks (sooda) don't like Hagee but at least he explains the Scriptures where they are understandable and he does it with humor. GHQ

Last edited by Garden House Queen; 02-26-2019 at 07:07 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Garden House Queen For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    All I can do is share what continues to be most helpful to me personally in the study of God's Word in print. It is important to realize that the Bible is not written in a narrative like nearly all other books. One cannot read the Book of Revelation straight through like a novel. A reference Bible and a good concordance such as "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance" is most helpful . Each scripture referenced should be looked up to find where it is stated in other Books of the Bible, and any words not clear can be looked up in the concordance.

The most important thing we can do is to ask God to give us understanding. And forgiveness. Do I ever need that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (02-26-2019),Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    All I can do is share what continues to be most helpful to me personally in the study of God's Word in print. It is important to realize that the Bible is not written in a narrative like nearly all other books. One cannot read the Book of Revelation straight through like a novel. A reference Bible and a good concordance such as "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance" is most helpful . Each scripture referenced should be looked up to find where it is stated in other Books of the Bible, and any words not clear can be looked up in the concordance.

The most important thing we can do is to ask God to give us understanding. And forgiveness. Do I ever need that.
    Yes, we all do. We also know that God understands (after all, He created us and was actually one of us) and He forgives all who ask forgiveness.

But my hope in making the thread was that we could go through the Book and, using the study guides some have offered, discuss the meaning and truths hidden within. CJ had the right idea, and the first part is fairly straightforward.

But it gets very esoteric and symbolic and I get totally lost. Can we go...slowly, for us lesser beings...and comment, and ask questions, and...discuss and learn? That would be nice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rita Marley For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (02-26-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Absolutely. The analogy of ' iron sharpens iron' would certainly seem to apply. One of the more striking revelations in chapter 1 is that of what God actually looks like. This astounding information clears up a mystery that nobody ever knew. Christ said that " If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." In other words, Christ, who became a man, had previously under the authority of God the Father made man in the image of God. Chapter 1 gives a vivid, detailed picture of what God looks like. Both ( God and the Word) no man had ever seen, at anytime, anywhere. John 1:18 and John 5:37.

In John 5:37 we also learn that nobody has ever heard the voice of God the Father either. That means that Christ, as the Word, was the One who Moses heard and the One who gave the Commandments .

The point is that just from one part of the Bible, by checking references to other parts, and asking God for understanding, we can learn a great deal from just a few passages.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post

especially when reading his word. The other...always.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (02-26-2019),Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Marley View Post
    Yes, we all do. We also know that God understands (after all, He created us and was actually one of us) and He forgives all who ask forgiveness.

But my hope in making the thread was that we could go through the Book and, using the study guides some have offered, discuss the meaning and truths hidden within. CJ had the right idea, and the first part is fairly straightforward.

But it gets very esoteric and symbolic and I get totally lost. Can we go...slowly, for us lesser beings...and comment, and ask questions, and...discuss and learn? That would be nice.
    Last nite I read over chapter one again with all the notes at the bottom. One part said not to get so caught up in understanding it all because even John didn't. He was shown things that he would have no good descriptions for. @Rita Marley.

This book is supposed to give us hope and assurance with a glimpse of what is going to happen in the future. God repeats in the bible. I think he knows we need that for it to sink in.

Many say John's visions and writings were for his time. that's true...but it is also for the future. God gives a small taste in current time of what is going to happen in the distant future. For example, the many examples of Jesus before the real Jesus came along....we saw that especially in the old Testament. Also, the many tastes of the anti-Christ...each getting worse.....before we see the 'real' antichrist.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 02-26-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Marley View Post

Yes. Slowly. Please.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (02-26-2019)

Thread Information