V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks

Democrats want to limit detention space for immigrants

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...nt-cap-n970071

Feb. 11, 2019, 12:06 PM EST

WASHINGTON Talks to avert another government shutdown broke down over the weekend this time over Democrats' demand for a cap on the number of undocumented immigrants who can be detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The issue has reared its head because the White House has asked for $4.2 billion for ICE to increase its capacity to detain immigrants to 52,000, up from 40,000 currently funded by Congress. Democrats want to cap the detention space ICE can use to hold immigrants in the interior of the country away from the border at 16,500.
    I'll suggest reading and looking in-to where the dems stand on this issue. Kinda shows that they do not have our best interests in mind.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019),Swedgin (02-12-2019)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    From the same article:

Who are these immigrants in ICE detention?

President Donald Trump has repeatedly said ICE is holding dangerous criminals, including murderers. While ICE held immigrants in fiscal year 2018 who collectively were convicted on 54,630 charges, only 1,641 of the charges were homicide. The most frequent charges were for driving under the influence, followed by drug offenses, traffic offenses and immigration offenses (such as re-entering the country after a deportation order.)

Anyone realize that statement is 'slanted' to make it sound like it's not a big deal?
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    'Preaching to the choir' I know.

Someone post this shit on a successful liberal forum site. There is such a thing, right?

Yes - Serious question.

Abraham Lincoln

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    I'd pull an Obama on them and play word games. Go ahead and take the 16,500 beds, then order 100,000 cots.

Hey, they aren't beds.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foghorn For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019),OldSchool (02-12-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    I'd pull an Obama on them and play word games. Go ahead and take the 16,500 beds, then order 100,000 cots.

Hey, they aren't beds.
    lol

No, I'm afraid they're going to require bunk cots.

Have you ever seen a Federal Detention Center? They're not very big. They're kind of like jails. As a matter of fact, they are jails.

Typically, the inmates sleep at least four high, and they're also all over the floor.

Money for additional beds, just means they go to 6 high instead of 4 high.

And then they can keep the fire department happy because they can actually clear a little walkway on the floor.

This is exactly the problem, our system is being overwhelmed. There are so many illegal immigrants, that we cannot house them all. We cannot Deport them fast enough. There is a huge backlog of pending cases in the courts, and there are only a very few administrative judges.

This is exactly why President Trump is asking for more money. The border patrol wants more money, ICE once more money, the drug enforcement people want more money, all the professionals are saying they need more money to get the job done.

The Democrats are the only people in the country who want to deny this money. Worse yet, they're the only people in the country who deliberately turn a blind eye to all the problems associated with ILLEGAL immigration.
    Last edited by nonsqtr; 02-12-2019 at 03:31 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019),Foghorn (02-12-2019),OldSchool (02-12-2019)

Men are Made Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Went to hang out with the parents today, my dad is a democrat who watches CNN and MSNBC like its religion. I dont know which one he had on today, and usually I just ignore it...but today they were talking about how the criminals coming over is less than ever and most of the people coming are refugees looking for a better life. I said "how in the hell do they know that?". My dad just said, "good point".

Might have possibly red pilled a 63 year old man with just a moment of skepticism.
    The truth scares the weak.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iron For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019),Foghorn (02-12-2019),OldSchool (02-12-2019),Rickity Plumber (02-12-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    Went to hang out with the parents today, my dad is a democrat who watches CNN and MSNBC like its religion. I dont know which one he had on today, and usually I just ignore it...but today they were talking about how the criminals coming over is less than ever and most of the people coming are refugees looking for a better life. I said "how in the hell do they know that?". My dad just said, "good point".

Might have possibly red pilled a 63 year old man with just a moment of skepticism.
    They are lying. I just read a thing from Fox News, I posted the link in another thread. It says last year, 66% of the illegal immigrants who crossed the border and ended up in detention, had existing criminal records. In the year 2016, two years before, that figure was 86%.

A *minimum* two-thirds of the people crossing our border illegally, are criminals.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019),Iron (02-12-2019),OldSchool (02-12-2019)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    I don't know if it directly impacts all our lives...

For me - My niece was injured in car accident that was undeniably not her fault. The driver of the van (with several passengers) that hit her was an 'illegal' with no drivers license. He basically got off with a 'hand-slap'. I should have (and could have) looked into it and raised hell.

ETA: She's taking martial art's classes. Next time (God forbid) if she's not hurt too bad - have mercy on the perps.
    Last edited by OldSchool; 02-12-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Abraham Lincoln

16. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Stop them with a DJT wall and so many cots will not be needed. But the dems know this. Get the wall built and just have two ports of entry, one for vehicles being driven and the other for pedestrians. The lines of immigrants to get through the pedestrian port will be so long, they will back up and clog up Mexico's cities and roads. Mexico will then have to deal with them and their shortage of cots.
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 02-12-2019 at 05:34 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Democrats want to limit detention space for immigrants

I'm not sure that's a bad deal. Detain them in "detention spaces" on wheels & drive them back to the border. How about school buses painted the same color as the Mexican flag with a police car in front & they can go faster than the speed limit. We need a much faster turn-a-round anyway.
    Last edited by Old Tex; 02-12-2019 at 05:45 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (02-12-2019),navigator2 (02-12-2019)

Thread Information