User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First DWI should be "Atleast" a MISDEAMNOR "Conviction"...

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Makes Common "Sense" dont it.

But Tony Evers is now GOV and its a GOP BILL...

Now the " LATTER" even under SCOTT WALKER and FULL GOP "control" never got "passed"..

Unfortunately though if one wants to "Understand" REAL "Cheesy" Culture...

Now on a "Partisian" BASIS with FULL GOP Control didnt get though MADISON under WALKER...

Now if ya want a little "History" when JIMMY DOYLE was GOV though a REPUBLICAN "Legislature"...

Even old Tommy Thompson the GOP couldnt get it through a DEMOCRAT "Legislature"..
    Sorry @Karl . I can't agree with you here not even one iota.

Here is how I feel about drunk driving. If you are caught, even the first time, you should be reeling from fines, costs, etc for the next five years. in other words, you should be hurtin financially for a long time. The next one, if you are stupid enough to do it again, should be double what the financial penalty should be.

People only learn when it hurts them back when drunk driving. Make it hurt in the pockets, that's where they learn the hard and remember it. Three days in the jail aint jack shit. Make it so their finances will not see the light of day for five years or so (the first offense).

Why so harsh? Because drunks like my old man and others don't learn any other way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (02-11-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Drunk driving, I can see some leniency in some settings. Not who-ya-know; but what's going on. A kid heading home after a graduation party, is not the same as a lifelong boozer at 3 am who's wet his pants. Or a drunken welfare momma with three kids in the car.

I can find NO excuses for drunk POSTING. That should be a capital offense.
    I got stopped once...right at the very borderline of getting booked. The cop asked where I was coming from and I told him the year end wrap up of our Rotary club for the year. He made me stay off to the side of the road for fifteen minutes...checked me again...and said, "Yours in Rotary. Have a good night."

I don't know HOW many times being a Rotarian...meeting another one...saved me some grief.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    And I recall when M.A.D.D. was formed in my state after 27 people died in a bus fire, after the bus was hit by a DD. The DUI/DWI fines back then were STIFF for first offences as MADD demanded it. The punishments for DUI/DWI have slowly softened over time, since back then IMO.

Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to why they have done so.
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 02-11-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    I got stopped once...right at the very borderline of getting booked. The cop asked where I was coming from and I told him the year end wrap up of our Rotary club for the year. He made me stay off to the side of the road for fifteen minutes...checked me again...and said, "Yours in Rotary. Have a good night."

I don't know HOW many times being a Rotarian...meeting another one...saved me some grief.
    "Yours in Rotary" is some kind of club password? Forgive me as I know nothing about Rotary.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    Metzenbaum
    Surgical scissors?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    The new thing is driving high. I arrested a kid last night who took a right turn then drove into oncoming traffic for a while on the highway, lucky we have light traffic around here at night. Ill give him credit though, he drove REALLY WELL, just in the wrong lane.

High as a kite and had alcohol in him too. Smart.

But youre right, it should be a misdemeanor. There are a lot of misdemeanor crimes out there that dont put lives at risk.
    It can be classified as a misdemeanor but still cost the offender BIG time. I would be okay with that as long as there were no injuries, property damage or worse. How can it be classified as a misdemeanor if there is two cars totaled out with some injuries or deaths?

Each case requires its own merits but each and everyone who is caught, misdemeanor or felony charges, should pay until it hurts.

No one has mentioned the fact that drunk driving kills innocent people, not even the OP, @Karl. Many first timers never get caught but how many people have to lose their life in order for this heinous act to stop?

I had a family member die many years ago when they were driving home drunk and failed to respond to a tractor-trailer turning left in front of them. The car kept rolling down the road for a little while before it came to a stop in the ditch . . . minus the roof and windshield and everything else above the door handles.

As @gregonejeep stated, DD laws will never stop DDriving. I understand this is the nature of alcoholics or those that are not but consumed far too many beers.

Hit them where it hurts most, in the pocketbook.
    Last edited by Rickity Plumber; 02-11-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    "Yours in Rotary" is some kind of club password? Forgive me as I know nothing about Rotary.
    Basically fraternal courtesy.

I'm not in the Rotary Club, but I have made it a point, since getting out of the Nav, of getting those special-series Veteran, or Persian Gulf Veteran, or Navy Veteran auto tags. Depends on the state - Colorado had ones marked "HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERAN" (a redundency, of course) and Ohio wouldn't list the service branch and wouldn't issue unless you had combat decoration. I had PERSIAN GULF VET. Michigan and Wisconsin (IIRC) had VETERAN; and here in Montucky, I'm a NAVY VETERAN.

Purpose, for me, is to let any cop who stops me, know...I, too, served, and did some of the hard stuff. I've gotten some courtesy catch-and-releases in Michigan and Wisconsin for it. Denver, the cop didn't give a pfuk.

Just a little bit of hedging.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (02-11-2019)

Thread Information