Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFSCME Boss: State Makes Us Collect Our Own Dues

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks

AFSCME Boss: State Makes Us Collect Our Own Dues

http://mediatrackers.org/national/20...attack-workers

Legislation proposed in Pennsylvania that would end taxpayer-provided automatic union dues deduction for most public workers has incited panic among American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) bosses.
    As Media Trackers Pennsylvania has reported, AFSCME and other unions are ginning up outrage against state legislators’ push for paycheck protection by calling the policy an “attack on workers” and telling government employees it would revoke their collective bargaining privileges.
    “The anti-worker legislation introduced by the state’s House and Senate would severely limit the voice of working families and deny public workers the right to negotiate collectively,” AFSCME shrieked from its DC headquarters on January 31.
    Paycheck protection would simply stop government offices from deducting union dues from many workers’ paychecks, which would require AFSCME and other public employee unions to collect their own dues and “fair share” fees.
    So we know AFSCME’s talking points are a lie; what’s the union actually fighting for?
    What is the union actually fighting for, it is fighting for the guarantee that they will receive their dues without working for it. For years The employers of union members have been deducting their dues from their paychecks and sending then to the union.

Currently in Pennsylvania there is a bill floating around the legislature to no longer deduct union dues for the members of public unions and making the union officials collect the dues themselves. Why does the unions not like this, because unlike private unions when an member can be denied work if they are not paying their dues, the unions can not block public employees from working for not paying their dues. This is the reason why the unions were up Walkers butt in Wisconsin.

MoFo

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 95.0%

Thanks
    Govt employees should not have a union. It's a conflict of interest. Period.

Good that they're being chipped away in Penn.
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Obama administration was nothing more than highly organized crime. -Common

The Left is really that dumb. I have been thanking our Extremist friends on the Left all year in advance for Trump's landslide 2020 victory. They are the ones who have worked the hardest for ensure Trump's next victory. -John T. Ford

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (02-10-2014)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post

So what your basically saying is that public workers should not have rights in the workplace. How American of you.
    Check under the bed

-- Judge Crater, 1934

"Looks like the moon is crashing" --Oliver J. Fagworthy, 1946

Those who are blind from birth know no race; only that others are humans.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post

I feel the samr way about pubic service unions.

MoFo
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    So what your basically saying is that public workers should not have rights in the workplace. How American of you.
    Once one has a Civil Service job (Federal or State) it is a job for life. You can not be removed except under the most dire of circumstances, so why do they need a union at all?

MoFo

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Thanks
    No, don't put words in my mouth or troll me sir, I've been trolled by the best and your swipe at me is piss poor lame.

They shouldn't get special rights. I'm deeply disappointed that you don't understand or accept the reason, because it's a matter of ethics.

ALL individuals with legitimate employment are afforded by law, with basic rights. Govt employees who form a union are routinely offered bennies by politicians for their vote. For govt employees to vote politicians into office in exchange for bennies is a flat out breach of ethics. The votes for bennies/bennies for votes; it's govt corruption plain and simple. The fact that it's even legal is a breach of the the intent of our Constitution.

Govt employees over the past 50 or so years have seen their pay and bennies explode at the direct expense of the taxpayer, to the point of us all knowing that it's we who now serve them, not they who serve us.

Please read:

Throughout American history -- and as recently as the 1950s -- there were no unions for government workers. Public-sector employees were expected to earn a bit less than their private-sector equivalents. The reasons they did so included an interest in public service, job security and reasonable benefits. But that changed in the late fifties with New York City Mayor Robert Wagner's cynical appeal to the votes of city workers. He signed an executive order authorizing them to unionize, and soon other local and state Democrat legislators around the country followed his lead.

These efforts culminated in 1962, when President John F. Kennedy granted federal employees the right to collectively bargain. Since then, public sector union membership has skyrocketed while, in the private sector, unions have fallen out of favor. In 2009, private sector union members were outnumbered for the first time by their public sector counterparts. The historical basis of unions revolved around workers receiving a reasonable share of a company's profits. But that tenet is nonsensical when applied to public service. Governments don't make profits; they simply assess taxes.

And because it has been exceedingly hard to fight public sector unions, the salaries and benefits of public employees have skyrocketed in recent years. Since the election of Barack Obama, the number of federal employees making over $150,000 a year has more than doubled to over 10,000. In 2009 government salaries jumped 2.4%, approximately twice the increase earned by private sector employees. In fact, the average salary of a federal worker is now $71,000, about $22,000 more than the average private sector employee. Worst of all, public sector unions have negotiated pension plans that are proving financially untenable. Many allow workers to retire at age 55 at around their full salary in their final years of employment. These pensions often include inflation adjustments as well as lifetime free health care. These plans are so outrageous that state retirement systems, for example, are currently underfunded by about a trillion dollars.

So how have public sector unions achieved these amazing results? The answer is hundreds of millions of dollars, the approximate amount that unions have contributed to federal campaigns since 1990. Almost every dollar went to Democrats or Democrat causes. In the 2008 election alone, some estimates put public sector union contributions to Democrats at $60 million.
    These unions are also astroturfing for Democrats, providing slush funds to help liberal causes. An example isThePartyIsOver.org, a faux populist website designed to discredit TEA Party activists. The Democrats' health care bill, the 'Employee Free Choice Act' and the $800+ billion stimulus bill all contained payoffs to public sector unions. In fact, while the private sector has shed 7,000,000 jobs since the recession began, the number of public sector jobs has risen every month.

Public sector unions are killing our economic system and the American taxpayer. The debt unleashed by their outrageous benefits plans simply cannot be paid. The union bosses have lied to their members about lifetime benefits and they have betrayed the American people. Public sector unions must be disbanded and outlawed before our country resembles Greece, Spain and other European countries that are teetering on the brink of destruction, thanks to unions just like ours.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...ic-sector.html
    This is part of the reason why Detroit is belly up, and Cali is headed that way. Bell California was a fine example of this govt corruption. I suppose you remember that? This sort of thing goes on all the time. I know of it happening in a nearby city, speciifically Henderson, NC. The city mgr got caught and all he did was go to another city and start over. He's been removed from the city he worked for in FL before he came to NC. I'll bet wherever he is, he's still skimming money for favors.

If you bothered to read all this, @gamewell45 and still don't get it, well then I don't know....
    Last edited by Trinnity; 02-09-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    If you don't protect what belongs to you, sooner or later it belongs to someone else. -Negan

The Left is really that dumb. I have been thanking our Extremist friends on the Left all year in advance for Trump's landslide 2020 victory. They are the ones who have worked the hardest for ensure Trump's next victory. -John T. Ford

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Bondo (02-11-2014),Conservative Libertarian (02-09-2014)

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Well @gamewell45?

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFo Murphy View Post
    http://mediatrackers.org/national/20...attack-workers

What is the union actually fighting for, it is fighting for the guarantee that they will receive their dues without working for it. For years The employers of union members have been deducting their dues from their paychecks and sending then to the union.

Currently in Pennsylvania there is a bill floating around the legislature to no longer deduct union dues for the members of public unions and making the union officials collect the dues themselves. Why does the unions not like this, because unlike private unions when an member can be denied work if they are not paying their dues, the unions can not block public employees from working for not paying their dues. This is the reason why the unions were up Walkers butt in Wisconsin.

MoFo
    Fair is fair. The union wants their members to receive their pay without working for it. So it is only fair that the union receive their dues without working for it.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    That is what Franklin D. Roosevelt said. Public employees should NEVER be allowed to unionize.

But PA, as Walker did in WI, is only saying that the state should not have to collect dues for the union. If the workers WANT to be in the union, they are FREE to pay the union dues themselves.

If the worker or workers do not pay the union, that is the unions fault, not the taxpayers or the states problem.

Why do you think the workers shouldn't have the right to REJECT the union? Why should workers be forced to pay a union?

Public worker unions DO NOT negotiate any benefits for the workers. They take payoffs in exchange for votes for the politician giving away the taxpayers money.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Bondo (02-11-2014),Canadianeye (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    Fair is fair. The union wants their members to receive their pay without working for it. So it is only fair that the union receive their dues without working for it.
    This should have been done quite awhile ago. There is no reason why the union can not have to shop stewards to go around once a month and collect the members dues. Perhaps the union leaders don't trust the steward to collect the dues of the member.

MoFo

Thread Information