User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America Has Massive Cheese Surplus

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    When we had too much cheese on the farm, we made a piece of toast, poured melted cheese on the toast. This was delicious with a shot of pepper on top. There went your diet, chubbs

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I don't think any Department-of-Agriculture regulations have been cut, in meaningful amounts.

If they had been, you'd have heard the propagandists in Fake Nooze screaming about it, yelling for Impeachment.
    By the term, "...faces onerous and costly dairy regulations," I got the impression that meant more regulation. Perhaps I took it wrong.
    *Stupid cities actually have ordinances against people being capable of buying raw, unpasteurized milk within city limits.

Nevertheless, if the fed gov't is going to cause a major shortfall in any businesses' sales, then said business is owed due compensation.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well...the bottom line is this. The Department of Agricultural Impediment, has Price Supports for milk.

And those are provided by the government's buying up the surplus, holding the line - paying the dairy farmer while supporting the going price of milk.

That milk is converted to cheese, under contract to DoA. And then is stored.

It's not one farm, or one group of farms, with too much milk. It's GOVERNMENT INTRUSION IN MARKETS - which always is wasteful and winds up with skewed costs.

Solution: School lunches and the military. Free cheese for those. THEN...END the price supports.

In the end it won't matter, because most kids will be named Juan, Jose or Mohammed - and just as they hate me for my racial group, I give no phuks to them for their status as protected invaders.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

I have a great idea for dealing with that.
    Send 2 million pounds to every country in Central and South America plus Mexico. Then, give 1 pound of each type to every family in the United States. Forget Canada. They’ve got enough of their own.
    The American Dairy Coalition wrote an opinion piece for the Wisconsin State Farmer this week and said U.S. dairy farmers "are in a crisis."
    "Our milk price has dropped nearly 40 percent over the last four years. Cheese exports from the U.S. to Mexico are down more than 10 percent annually and shipments to China have fallen almost 65 percent annually," the story reads.
    "If this isn't bad enough, the industry faces onerous and costly dairy regulations, as well as a shortage of workers — making it hard to find a way each day to stay in business."
    That will still leave a lot of cheese sitting in government cold storage but will certainly make a whole lot of grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum.
    I donno..... Costco sells out of 26 lb. mac cheese tub with 20-year shelf life

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's not to be sold on the open market.

That's the problem. Storage is a dead end - government is not permitted to compete with commercial vendors.

Remember the early 1980s? Cheese giveaways to everyone on Unemployment - and there were a lot of us. I was. Got a big brick of sliced, processed American cheese. Not bad in omelettes, but otherwise not-very-useful. But it was DONE...because then, as now, government was out of storage space for it.

Give it to South America? They'll throw it away. The native tribes tend to be lactose-intolerant.

Put it in the military logistics network. The kids on the front lines, will welcome it in their eggs, and their salads.
    Last edited by JustPassinThru; 01-12-2019 at 02:47 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

darroll (01-12-2019)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well...the bottom line is this. The Department of Agricultural Impediment, has Price Supports for milk.

And those are provided by the government's buying up the surplus, holding the line - paying the dairy farmer while supporting the going price of milk.

That milk is converted to cheese, under contract to DoA. And then is stored.

It's not one farm, or one group of farms, with too much milk. It's GOVERNMENT INTRUSION IN MARKETS - which always is wasteful and winds up with skewed costs.

Solution: School lunches and the military. Free cheese for those. THEN...END the price supports.

In the end it won't matter, because most kids will be named Juan, Jose or Mohammed - and just as they hate me for my racial group, I give no phuks to them for their status as protected invaders.
    That's a bunch of bologna. If the government is 'supporting the going price of milk', then how come Great Value Milk is $1.48 a gallon, Hiland is $2.48 or more, and Golden Royal is $2.75? Plus, if the government was buying up all the surplus, then how come the dairy farmers are scourged with the problem of so much surplus?

The problem for the dairy farmers is that the government is NOT buying it, as was promised to them, to make up for the tariffs. Hence, the dairy farmers are barely scratching out a living.
    We OWE THEM, for having caused their circumstances w/the tariffs on steel and aluminum. What? You're willing to let the dairy industry die on the vine, while we wait for the tariffs to measure out?

That's just not plain smart.

Besides, in order to do as you suggest as a solution, FIRST the government would have to buy it, no?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's not to be sold on the open market.

That's the problem. Storage is a dead end - government is not permitted to compete with commercial vendors.

Remember the early 1980s? Cheese giveaways to everyone on Unemployment - and there were a lot of us. I was. Got a big brick of sliced, processed American cheese. Not bad in omelettes, but otherwise not-very-useful. But it was DONE...because then, as now, government was out of storage space for it.

Give it to South America? They'll throw it away. The native tribes tend to be lactose-intolerant.

Put it in the military logistics network. The kids on the front lines, will welcome it in their eggs, and their salads.
    So, your answer is to pretty well just throw it all away, without compensating the producers. Great answer.

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Not to be old school but I just had to throw my two cents in. Who cut the cheese?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Midgardian/Shane Ryan For This Useful Post:

darroll (01-12-2019)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    That's a bunch of bologna. If the government is 'supporting the going price of milk', then how come Great Value Milk is $1.48 a gallon, Hiland is $2.48 or more, and Golden Royal is $2.75? Plus, if the government was buying up all the surplus, then how come the dairy farmers are scourged with the problem of so much surplus?
    Price supports on the wholesale level.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thread Information